Page 79 of 161 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2406

I didn't like all the "poking fun" at her position in the school thing. It's not funny if you're aware of the problem and do nothing to change it, Aaron. I like the Frankenstein story though, but the issue was pure set up with little enjoyment.

on another universe, Ultimate Kitty is actually dealing with shit that would make 616 Scott Summers break.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Spurrier is doing X-POS next week. Is anyone planning on asking him if Kitty will be supporting cast when Legion fights Ogun?
    I had intended to, but I'm going to wait until his second X-Position now. Steven Sunu called me a "perennial" contributor in the last edition and it's given me something of a complex, lol.

I suspected people would take issue with Kitty being Warbird's assistant, but let's be real, she's the one doing all the work. There's no act without her. (For a second I thought Warbird was Dani, and the moment of realisation was crushing).
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I had intended to, but I'm going to wait until his second X-Position now. Steven Sunu called me a "perennial" contributor in the last edition and it's given me something of a complex, lol.

I suspected people would take issue with Kitty being Warbird's assistant, but let's be real, she's the one doing all the work. There's no act without her. (For a second I thought Warbird was Dani, and the moment of realisation was crushing).
    I got excited for 4 seconds.

Also, Kitty is Warbird's assistant in Frankenstein's Murder Circus. Sorry, Sanji.
    As soon as I realized it was Warbird and not Dani, I stopped reading.

I still can't believe that joke character is getting her own arc with A-list art. The last time Kitty got an arc was Breaking Point.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    (For a second I thought Warbird was Dani, and the moment of realisation was crushing).
    Please there isn't a spell-caster, telepath or reality-warper powerful enough to get Dani in an outfit that offensive.

Retired

I still can't believe that joke character is getting her own arc with A-list art. The last time Kitty got an arc was Breaking Point.
    Kitty is getting a Mike Del Mundo cover AND interiors. Legion only gets one, not both.

Retired

Kitty Litter! Remember that tomorrow sees Headbitchstress Pryde take on the sleazoids in A+X #2.

I'm glad we're see characters like Kitty in there already. I figured it'd be another Logan-fest.

The same can be said of David and Del Mundo's short, which sees Tony Stark inviting Kitty Pryde to work for Resilient, giving her the (literal) guided tour. Obviously, things go awry. David's writing is concise and snappy at the best of times, and has no difficulty squeezing into ten pages. Given that it stars two snarky geniuses, there's no shortage of jokes and repartee, and even a resolution that winks at the readers. It's a welcome reminder that there's more to Peter David than "X-Factor" and "Hulk."

Del Mundo's artwork really transforms the story into something great. His Peter Chung/"Aeon Flux"-like expressionism gives every panel a hyper-kinetic and wild feel, but with clean lines and organic shapes that make keep it looking beautiful. It's hard to imagine this style working on a month-to-month basis, given what a departure it is from Marvel's house look, but shorts like this are the perfect vehicle for it.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=5424

Glad someone is acknowledging the fact that Kitty is a genius (both in and out of universe).

Retired

What? The Beast/Spider-Man story got scrapped?

They probably switched it around with the Rogue/Widow story.

Retired

Seems like a bizarre choice to defer a Peter Parker story given the ongoing Spider-Man status quo, but whatever. Glad to see Mike Del Mundo finally receiving the credit he deserves and looking forward to seeing Kitty destroy alien scum.

Retired

Our worst fears have been realised. Legion stole Kitty's nemesis.

What I didn't expect was for the second story to go toe-to-toe with the opening act. Peter David and Mike Del Mundo pair Kitty Pryde and Iron Man together, and the result is magic. Two snarky characters written by a smart aleck writer, facing a vicious threat that smartly ties in Marvel continuity from recent books and olden times? Yowza. David's story is packed with intelligence, and really illustrates the point of this series: We're getting two characters in a room that we often don't see together, and see what kind of sparks fly. This combination is a good one.

But the real winner of this comic? Mike Del Mundo, who swings for the fences and absolutely knocks it out of the park here. You might not have heard of him prior to this comic, but I have the feeling that's all going to change soon. A one-man band in terms of pencils, inks and color, Del Mundo (known best at Marvel for his cover work, including the current run of X-Men: Legacy) has those sorts of evocative colors and exaggerated character designs of someone like Frazer Irving — a tactical advantage for a publisher like Marvel, to be sure. Del Mundo's characters are tremendously expressive, and the action beats (like Kitty phasing through a ton of machinery) has lots of flourish.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...ws-121127.html