Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    DAMNIT KITTY1!! You beat me to it!

That image is rather interesting, as it sounds like Kitty was meant to be one of the founders of the New Mutants.

I wonder why that changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    That image is rather interesting, as it sounds like Kitty was meant to be one of the founders of the New Mutants.

Becuase she was too cool to be hanging out with those x-babies! That's why!

I want a Lockheed: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. mini (by Joss Whedon & Paul Smith) and Kitty joining the Starjammers asap.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I want a Lockheed: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. mini (by Joss Whedon & Paul Smith) and Kitty joining the Starjammers asap.
    I would read both, just stop discussing what we did in seventh grade!
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Whedon ignored Lockheed for most of his run.

Give the mini to someone who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

From Byrne's notes, it seems like this was an idea that they were slowly developing, but one that hadn't realy evolved into a full fledged storyline yet. At the time, Jim Shooter had apparently asked all of the creators to establish exactly what their books were about. Byrne and Claremont saw the X-Men as a book about a disenfranchised minority who were hated by the people they sought to protect, whereas Shooter believed there should be more emphasis on the school element of the series. So Kitty was created with this in mind.

Of course, she appeared just as the X-Men were heading into what are arguably their two most important storyline ever, and certainly the most important fo the Claremont/Byrne era: Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past. Other than Kitty, I don't think there was any place for additional new students in those stories, and Byrne left shortly after DoFP.

A few years later, Claremont and Bob McLeod created the New Mutants, but by that point, Kitty was an integral part of the X-Men. There were even a couple of stories written to highlight this very point, including the classic "Professor Xavier is a Jerk" issue.

Personally, I'm glad Kitty remained in the X-Man.
    Last edited by Babylon23; 10-27-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Some more art.

Kitty by Brent Anderson:

More from John Byrne:

Paul Smith inked by Arthur Adams:

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i miss when kitty used to experiment with different looks.

why did she stop?

(i think nightcrawler said something mean to her about it one day.)
    I think that little incident with the Marauders kinda made her "grow-up" and quit "playing dress-up" if you will. Also, that last tweak of her last X-men costume into her early Excalibur one was a solid hit. And she proabably went with an attitude of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" for a while.

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

A little something for fellow Kitty fans....coming in June (but already solicited via pre-order)... a Kotobukiya Kitty Pryde bust (other X-Men available as well....Cyclops, Havok, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Wolverine already solicited as well, more I'm sure to come).

Nice to see a Kitty piece without Lockheed for a change (as much as I love the little purple dragon, some variety is nice!), and calling back on such an important part of her history (even if she looks a bit old for when the actual Ogun mask escapades took place). I'm so happy, I've already ordered two! :D

(Thanks to Statue Forum's Kotobukiya Kitty Pryde Bust Thread for the pics.....some of the better detail/thread-sized/angle-variety ones I've seen to date)

Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-09-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    A little something for fellow Kitty fans....coming in June (but already solicited via pre-order)... a Kotobukiya Kitty Pryde bust (other X-Men available as well....Cyclops, Havok, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Wolverine already solicited as well, more I'm sure to come).
    She looks a bit odd from the side, I think. And from the front she doesn't so much look like herself, but as if the statue is imitating someone. An actress? Model? Different character? I can't place it.

Overall, though, quite a nice job.

Like Dr Phil, but AWESOME Kirayoshi's Avatar
    On the Fields of Trensimore, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer.

At the expense of nitpicking, why are her eyes green? I always thought they were hazel.

Still, a very cool looking bust.
    Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi View Post
    At the expense of nitpicking, why are her eyes green? I always thought they were hazel.

I believe her eyes are supposed to be brown, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi View Post

They are hazel, and she doesn't have boobs!

Those are my 2 complaints about the mini bust, other than that it looks great.