Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Like Dr Phil, but AWESOME Kirayoshi's Avatar
    On the Fields of Trensimore, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Ironically, this has become the official policy among the X-Men.
    Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism!

When I was young and impressionable this card made me fall in love with Kitty.

Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Darkstar! You love D-List Darkstar! You deserve a soul butter-knife..straight from Limbo's kitchen!
    I love all Russian characters (and Slavs)... especially when they're female. If there were a Winter Guard series, I'd buy multiple copies of each issue. I've got it so bad for Russian characters that I even miss Blind Faith!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi
    I still say Kitty becomes the next Phoenix.

Think about it; Jean sacrificed herself to save her teammates inside the tip(control room) of a missile(space shuttle) headed for Earth, and emerged as the Phoenix(okay, she was replaced by the Phoenix and was left on the ocean floor for a few years. Details, details!). Kitty sacrificed herself to save the world inside the tip(nosecone) of a missile(giant bullet) headed for Earth. Striking parallel?
    Maybe the bullet could head for the M'Kraan planet, strike the crystal, and Kitty could phase the sucker back together saving everybody.

Love Kitty. She's easily my favourite x-character. My first issue of Uncanny was actually Kitty's first appearance, so she became my POV character into the x-universe.

Some art. Here's John Byrne's letter from 1978 to Chris Claremont featuring conceptual art and character ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Love Kitty. She's easily my favourite x-character. My first issue of Uncanny was actually Kitty's first appearance, so she became my POV character into the x-universe.

Some art. Here's John Byrne's letter from 1978 to Chris Claremont featuring conceptual art and character ideas:

Where'd you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    Where'd you get that?
    I've seen it in a few different places, but I picked it up from Comic Art Fans. Here's a link: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=4753

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    To start it off, what scenario do you envision for bringing her back to the mainstream monthly books again? How long do you think we're all going to have to wait? Discuss (please)! And feel free to change the subject to something else Kitty-esque if you so desire!
    I'd hate to say it but the best angle I could see would be amnesiac Kitty on an alien world. Accessible for the X-Men these days since Havok is in space doing.... something? I'd rather not go into details about the bullet when bringing her back. Because then I'd have to write a story involving a giant magic super bullet and not laugh myself to death or otherwise blow my brains out.

Returning to the crux of the point, I'd play her as something to Havok as Storm was to Cyclops. The two competing leaders of the X-Men forces. Probably just have her leader/icon to a primitive alien race, perhaps paralleling to the way Storm was a goddess in Africa. Vulcan comes in. Kitty fights. Havok somehow meets up. Kitty gets enough to be Kitty Pryde, but not everything. And now people have a real X-Men character to look at in space. (not the biggest Havok, Polaris, Rachel Grey fan)

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi View Post
    I'd prefer to see the X-Men involved in her return. Maybe SWORD's been monitoring the trajectory of her bullet. Assuming they can get back up to full strength after the whole Skrull fiasco. And we really should find out what happened to Lockheed.
    Agreed on Lockheed! I really want to know the rest of the little purple guy's story (even if it's a mini). I'd like to think SWORD was paying attention, but think they're too understaffed and uncaring to bother .

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    The bullet drifts into Shi'ar space. Rachel detects Kitty's presence within the bullet. Tapping into the power of the Phoenix, she pulls Kitty's consciousness free and destroys the bullet.
    Yeah, I too figure that they'll use Rachel-in-space as a convenience tool to pull of something like the above (I just hope it's a full body and not just a consciousness....kind of like when Rachel got rescued from Bogan). I'd rather it be Illyana, 'cause I'm just DYING for some Magik/Kitty interaction/reunion, but recognize on a power level (for the un-fusion) that Ray makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I want Illyana to have something to do with her return. A bummer that Kitty is out of the comics just as Illyana returns. Those two are BFFs. Illyana is also my favorite character. i will never forget the time they were sitting near a campfire, Lockeed sitting on Illyana's head. Or the New Mutants slumber party, when Illyana went all out to protect Lockeed while Kitty was away. Those two need more moments like that. Damn the nineties.
    Ooooo! Yet another fellow Magik fan! Hooray! Both of those are great memory lane clips! That's what I always loved the most about the X-Men was those small interludes (like the campfire) or the off-kilter stories (like the slumber party). You can keep your big full out space armada stories as far as I'm concerned... bring me humanity, personal interaction (and some soap opera)!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I truthfully am scared that she's going to be brought back as some kind of Widget-like thing since she's becoming one with a magic space bullet. However, I'd like for her to hook up with either the Rachel and the Shi'ar guy with the sword (whose name I conveniently let slip from my mind) or the GotG. I don't think she'll be back for a while, because I think Marvel thinks Pixie and Armor can replace her.
    OMG please NOOOOOO on the Widget-thing! I so hope that doesn't happen! I'm hoping that editorial continues to see Kitty as past the teen-sidekick role, so there's no tripping over Pixie/Armor/Anole/etc. Kitty was a member of faculty at the school for goodness sake...so "Ms Pryde" (to the students) is certainly advanced enough in age and experience to leave the newbie in-over-my-head mutant status to one of the remaining newer New Mutant kids.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    She'll be back before Jean! lol
    Thank goodness for small favors!
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    And how sucky is it that Kitty's not going to be around for Yana's return?
    MAJORLY sucky! I've been awaiting Magik's return for so long...it just BITES that Kitty isn't around to take part (as you just know the reunion would be FANTASTIC!)

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    I miss the friendship between Storm and Kitty, the one they had from the 80s Why don't current writers acknowledge it? (glad there was some mention in World's Apart)
    I too miss that... In fact, about the only part of the Storm/Black Panther wedding I enjoyed was the Kitty-as-maid-of-honor stuff (and the little bit of interaction a la the old friendship you referenced; nice scan!) Maybe if Storm comes back down to earth a little instead of being so hoity toity on worldwide big picture stuff, we'll get that back some day *wishful thinking ensues*

Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi View Post
    I still say Kitty becomes the next Phoenix. Think about it; Jean sacrificed herself to save her teammates inside the tip(control room) of a missile(space shuttle) headed for Earth, and emerged as the Phoenix(okay, she was replaced by the Phoenix and was left on the ocean floor for a few years. Details, details!). Kitty sacrificed herself to save the world inside the tip(nosecone) of a missile(giant bullet) headed for Earth. Striking parallel? Alternate idea: Rachel waits until the bullet crashes into Vulcan, then frees Kitty. Two birds, one damn big stone!
    Interesting comparision! Hadn't really thought of that (perhaps because self-sacrifice is such a big part of hero-dom). I just hope that she doesn't become Phoenix... I like my Kitty grounded in worldly everyday stuff rather than cosmic spacey stuff (and Jean & Rachel and Emma/Cuckoos to a minor extent are more than enough Phoenixey stuff for me).

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    Agreed on Lockheed! I really want to know the rest of the little purple guy's story (even if it's a mini). I'd like to think SWORD was paying attention, but think they're too understaffed and uncaring to bother
    Well, he supposedly had a "homeworld problem" (which, given his history, I can only assume relates to his exile). It would be nice to know the details, but I imagine it could be something as simple as him needing to return home to get something or help with something.

Yeah, I too figure that they'll use Rachel-in-space as a convenience tool to pull of something like the above (I just hope it's a full body and not just a consciousness....kind of like when Rachel got rescued from Bogan).
    I like the idea of them sharing a consciousness better because it adds something to the space story. Just an extra dynamic in a fairly plain story. Plus, it gives the excuse to use Sikorsky.

I heart Kitty Pryde! She's my favorite X-Man ever! I miss her so much. The magic bullet ride I hope will only last for maybe a year, at most. I think it's one of the most rediculous things to happen to a character in like forever.

BANNED

"that black kid from F.F....?"

who are they referencing??

"that black kid from F.F....?" who are they referencing??
    I believe it's Willie Evans (Jr). See:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/William...r._(Earth-616)

or

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/evanswil.htm

for more details... His mention in Byrne's outline above about increases Willie's mentions by about 50% (FF 203, Iron Man Annual #8 are about it for him....guess he didn't have the legs to go very far in comicdom....)
    Last edited by KittyPryde; 10-27-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: First link fixed

"that black kid from F.F....?"

who are they referencing??
    Willie Evans Jr. He was awesome.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/evanswil.htm