Page 87 of 161 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2406
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I don't care what people say about Bendis. I love the guy now.
    Remember that thought a few months from now, when Kitty goes nuts and starts perma-phasing people out of existence (don't ask me to explain how that works) and then we find out she was actually a Skrull and that the REAL Kitty is still stuck inside the space bullet. And then she'll get raped. Character growth!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Even when you completely hate Whedon's Kitty, he at least elevated a D-list character with a small cult fanbase to the forefront. Aaron is using her elevated status to make Iceman legit.
    While I can't say Kitty was always A list, I honestly don't think she's ever been D list. When she was introduced she was Claremont's new baby after Storm and Jean had their moments and Kitty became a cornerstone of the story. Even when she went over to Excalibur there was a noticeable void of her character type that they tried to recreate with Jubilee. Kitty's had a smaller role since then but she's been in just about every adaptation of X-Men except the 90's cartoon. So while her notoriety isn't on the same level as Logan, Ororo, or some of the 05 she's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Remember that thought a few months from now, when Kitty goes nuts and starts perma-phasing people out of existence (don't ask me to explain how that works) and then we find out she was actually a Skrull and that the REAL Kitty is still stuck inside the space bullet. And then she'll get raped. Character growth!
    Is he really in the habit of that? I thought Marvel learned their lesson with the Carol fiasco?

She may have been big during the '80s, but she was entirely absent from the big '90s popularity boom, as well as the cartoon (the only character in the entire X-lore at that point who didn't make an appearance) and her role was completely taken over by Jubilee, who became the de facto young X-Man. She was in a fringe book that virtually never crossed over like the other X-books and when she finally returned to the X-Men she became a bit player, who was quickly booted out again. From then on she only appeared in minis and one-shots. Even in X-Men Evolution where she had a big part they greatly altered her appearance and character.

By the time 2004 rolled around she was a bit player, comparable to some of the lesser known New Mutants like Sunspot and Magma. I don't even think Kitty was at Jean and Cyclops' wedding, even though the rest of Excalibur was there.

The 90's and adaptations hard to gage. I love most of them even though most of them have always been a touch awkward. The 90's cartoon in particular, even though I love it with super nostalgia goggles. It tended to focus on who were the hot mutants at the time which is why so many of the stories were about Wolverine, Rogue, and Gambit. I always found it amusing that Psylocke was supposed to be the "it girl" for the 90's X-Men but only appeared in two episodes of the show.

Evo is a different kettle of fish since most of the core cast were teenagers. Their representations came close but of the kids I think Scott was the only one who was spot on more or less the whole show.

He made her incompetent, dimwitted and hopelessly devoted to Iceman.
    Pretty much. Not only her involvment with the school and the students has been inexistent, but has the headmistress of the most important and famous school for mutants, she should be a public figure as much as Xavier was. She's nothing more than Wolverine's secretary now.
    [x]

The best Kitty adaptions are the WatXM cartoon and Ellen Page.

She needs a beef injection from a 6'6" Russian. I like both characters so much more when they're together.

Last time she did that she upgraded to a bigger model and went joyriding through space for a couple years.

Well it didn't end well, but she punched pretty much everyone in the face until blast off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    She needs a beef injection from a 6'6" Russian. I like both characters so much more when they're together.
    I don't see what connection Ivan Drago has with the X-Men franchise. Plus the story would just be awful, he'd just keep going on about how he must break her and how if she dies, she dies. And that would just be sexist, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    ugh no. That shipped sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I don't see what connection Ivan Drago has with the X-Men franchise. Plus the story would just be awful, he'd just keep going on about how he must break her and how if she dies, she dies. And that would just be sexist, bro.
    Eh, I don't think it's sexist at all. It's pretty equal and she's a ninja...or so I thought. She'd give him a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    ugh no. That shipped sailed.
    Call it back or get her a new one. The ship she's in now has quite a few leaks.

I didn't mind Kitty and Peter, but for me it just never moved beyond her crushing on the hunky older guy. Looking back on it now requires more nostalgia goggles then doing the same even for Jean and Scott does.

By the time 2004 rolled around she was a bit player, comparable to some of the lesser known New Mutants like Sunspot and Magma. I don't even think Kitty was at Jean and Cyclops' wedding, even though the rest of Excalibur was there.
    That's hard to say factually.

Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

How is it hard to say factually? If she doesn't appear in the issue, then she most certainly factually isn't in the issue.