Page 43 of 161 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

I've come to appreciate Kitty Pryde. All these tween X-men shall forever ride her coattails.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I've come to appreciate Kitty Pryde. All these tween X-men shall forever ride her coattails.
    Damn right they have. If it weren't for Kitty, we wouldn't have vivacious, yet adamant and headstrong women in the X books. I feel she really spearheaded the whole HBIC movement in Uncanny. Storm, while being the first lady in charge, was always unsure of her place as team leader, but Kitty came at it full barrels loaded, and to hell with whoever didn't agree with her. She shut them down.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Has Jorge Molina drawn Kitty? I'd love to have an avatar of a Molina Kitten.
    I think Molina has only drawn her in the Ultimate Universe.

Talisman, you mentioned earlier that you wanted her role as the Headmistress to hopefully lead her to more high profile positions and I totally agree. I'm glad that a writer is finally picking up on the logical progression of her story arc as started by Claremont in the early 2000s. It always bugged me that Whedon just threw her back into the same role she filled when she was 13 and expected everyone to be happy about it.
    Last edited by alf_to_the_rescue; 06-09-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: edited for deleted stuff

Yeah, it was nice for the nostalgia, but she's a big girl now, and it's time to bring her big girl game. She needs to stop being the almost X-baby and step up. That's the only real redeeming quality I've found with Aaron's WaTXM is her progression.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Yeah, it was nice for the nostalgia, but she's a big girl now, and it's time to bring her big girl game. She needs to stop being the almost X-baby and step up. That's the only real redeeming quality I've found with Aaron's WaTXM is her progression.
    I don't know how I feel about Aaron's development of Kitten. On the one hand he's finally given her the chance to grow by making her the headmistress of the school but he also did her a huge disservice by pairing her with Iceman. Gillen finally broke Kitty and Colossus up and then Aaron went ahead and paired her with another man-child.

Honestly, I think I would've preferred if she would've stayed on the blue side just so Gillen could've gotten some more time with her.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    I don't know how I feel about Aaron's development of Kitten. On the one hand he's finally given her the chance to grow by making her the headmistress of the school but he also did her a huge disservice by pairing her with Iceman. Gillen finally broke Kitty and Colossus up and then Aaron went ahead and paired her with another man-child.

Honestly, I think I would've preferred if she would've stayed on the blue side just so Gillen could've gotten some more time with her.
    Yeah, I think Gillen would have done a lot more with her than Aaron has. I only read the book for Rachel and Kitty at this point, cuz I could care less than the rest of the cast.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Yeah, I think Gillen would have done a lot more with her than Aaron has. I only read the book for Rachel and Kitty at this point, cuz I could care less than the rest of the cast.
    For real. Aaron has been killing it with Rachel so far, someone is finally making up for all the shit that went down during Claremont's Uncanny run.
    I don't think it's an issue of Aaron writing a bad Kitty, it's just that I think Gillen would do better. I loved what he did with her during the Fear Itself tie-in storyline.

For real. Aaron has been killing it with Rachel so far, someone is finally making up for all the shit that went down during Claremont's Uncanny run.
    I don't think it's an issue of Aaron writing a bad Kitty, it's just that I think Gillen would do better. I loved what he did with her during the Fear Itself tie-in storyline.
    He made me a believer that things can get better when his Breakworld arc was better than anything I'd seen with Kitty since her return.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

He made me a believer that things can get better when his Breakworld arc was better than anything I'd seen with Kitty since her return.
    I don't know if I ever read all of that storyline, I know I bought all of it I just think it got shuffled off into my back issues. I should really go back and read it. It's good to know that someone could salvage the clusterfuck rehash that Fraction created. I'd really like to know who thought it was a good idea to have Kitty be trapped in ghost form after undergoing a traumatic experience..again.

EDIT: Talisman, clear your inbox!
    Last edited by pryde15; 06-08-2012 at 10:43 PM.

I don't know if I ever read all of that storyline, I know I bought all of it I just think it got shuffled off into my back issues. I should really go back and read it. It's good to know that someone could salvage the clusterfuck rehash that Fraction created. I'd really like to know who thought it was a good idea to have Kitty be trapped in ghost form after undergoing a traumatic experience..again.
    I loved it, but I knew I could expect good things when I was reading the contagion arc, and it was just amazing imo.

I really wish we'd get some interaction between Ray and Kitty. They need to catch up, and making Kitty the damsel in distress is not doing it. Hell, she doesn't even have a lame jump suit anymore. I don't understand why people can't come up with a fierce outfit for Kitty. I mean, she's pretty much worn the standart jumpsuit since she left the blue poofy sleeves.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I loved it, but I knew I could expect good things when I was reading the contagion arc, and it was just amazing imo.

I really wish we'd get some interaction between Ray and Kitty. They need to catch up, and making Kitty the damsel in distress is not doing it. Hell, she doesn't even have a lame jump suit anymore. I don't understand why people can't come up with a fierce outfit for Kitty. I mean, she's pretty much worn the standart jumpsuit since she left the blue poofy sleeves.
    I don't know why artists can't come up with anything better for Kitty (not that I'm a fan of R'Chel's uniform either, her last one was awesome). There are plenty of great elements to incorporate into a uniform, which makes it all the worse that they lump her with the standard uniform. I actually kind of hate when people are in the standard uniform, it really isn't that hard to come up with something.

I don't know why artists can't come up with anything better for Kitty (not that I'm a fan of R'Chel's uniform either, her last one was awesome). There are plenty of great elements to incorporate into a uniform, which makes it all the worse that they lump her with the standard uniform. I actually kind of hate when people are in the standard uniform, it really isn't that hard to come up with something.

I KNOW!!! And when she went by Ariel, she had some really cute ones! I'd love to see someone come up with some really great updates of those costumes. And agreed. Ray's current outfit is complete shit. I hate the coat, and the rest is like Hot topic threw up all over her.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I KNOW!!! And when she went by Ariel, she had some really cute ones! I'd love to see someone come up with some really great updates of those costumes. And agreed. Ray's current outfit is complete shit. I hate the coat, and the rest is like Hot topic threw up all over her.
    When I get hit with an idea for Kitty I'll be sure to post a sketch. I have a few ideas for what I'd do with her, but nothing I'm overtly satisfied with.
    I actually really loved the Ariel and Sprite codenames (that costume was the best too, I'd totally be okay with an updated version of it), Shadowcat is just okay. It makes perfect sense, but Sprite was just too cute.

Bachalo's designs look fantastic when he draws them, but I've come to the realization that they are only fit for his style..they look awful when anyone else draws them. The coat is just awkward, the design might work if they got rid of it and re-worked it a bit..but right now it's just smh.

I hope the mods don't erase our little tiff with Znop. I'd like it to show that if people come in here to be dbags, this is what they will get served with.

I can't wait to see what you've come up with for Kitty. Yeah, as much as I love my Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini, turning her into Shadowcat was not the best thing to happen to her. Plus, her dark blue costume was just blah.

Anyway, night Pryde. ttyl.

Top Ten Magic Bitches