Page 1 of 161 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

Default Kitty Pryde Appreciation

I've looked and couldn't find a thread for her, so I decided to use my 20,000th career post for something constructive (so here we are).

Since (at the date of this post), she's out of the mainstream monthly books, there hasn't been much of a place for her fans to come together for discussion and camaraderie. So I figured the fans could use a place for such a purpose (plus a lot of the other X-Women already have one, and she is popular enough to always come in around the #10 spot in overall X-popularity polls ).

Anything positive, constructive, informative, or even neutral observations are fair game. Feel free to discuss rumors and theories for the future (such as whether it'll be Rachel/Illyana/Lila/whomever that'll eventually save Kitty from her current state, etc), how you'd like to see her change or grow upon her eventual return, favorite past memories, which costume and/or codename was the best or most hideous, writers or artists who had a good handle on her (or didn't), the latest Kitty prints or tees or figurines (hey, just 'cause she's lost in space doesn't mean the merchandising has to stop ), or whatever else is on your mind Kitty-wise.

But if you're a Kitty-hater, please make better use of your time and go use your post to instead make a positive comment about your own favorite character in his/her appropriate thread instead of trolling here. Thank you in advance for your compliance.

So here we go....

To start it off, what scenario do you envision for bringing her back to the mainstream monthly books again? How long do you think we're all going to have to wait? Discuss (please)! And feel free to change the subject to something else Kitty-esque if you so desire!
    Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Like Dr Phil, but AWESOME Kirayoshi's Avatar
    On the Fields of Trensimore, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer.

I'm figuring about two to three years before they bring her back. Roughly the same time frame that passed between Colossus' "death" and his return.

I'd prefer to see the X-Men involved in her return. Maybe SWORD's been monitoring the trajectory of her bullet. Assuming they can get back up to full strength after the whole Skrull fiasco. And we really should find out what happened to Lockheed.
    Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism!

BANNED

i think kitty is great.

you need visual stimulation to freshen your thread up.

FINALLY. Where's my bitches!?!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    To start it off, what scenario do you envision for bringing her back to the mainstream monthly books again?
    The bullet drifts into Shi'ar space. Rachel detects Kitty's presence within the bullet. Tapping into the power of the Phoenix, she pulls Kitty's consciousness free and destroys the bullet.

Kitty shares Rachel's mind until someone (probably Sikorsky) can restore her body. In the meantime, she could help with anti-Vulcan initiative.

:)

i just want You all to know that i adore Kitty Pryde. Definitely one of the most relatable characters in the X-World.

i want Illyana to have something to do with her return. A bummer that Kitty is out of the comics just as Illyana returns. Those two are BFFs. Illyana is also my favorite character.

i will never forget the time they were sitting near a campfire, Lockeed sitting on Illyana's head.

Or the New Mutants slumber party, when Illyana went all out to protect Lockeed while Kitty was away. Those two need more moments like that.

Damn the nineties.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    To start it off, what scenario do you envision for bringing her back to the mainstream monthly books again? How long do you think we're all going to have to wait? Discuss (please)! And feel free to change the subject to something else Kitty-esque if you so desire!
    I truthfully am scared that she's going to be brought back as some kind of Widget-like thing since she's becoming one with a magic space bullet.:rolleyes: However, I'd like for her to hook up with either the Rachel and the Shi'ar guy with the sword (whose name I conveniently let slip from my mind) or the GotG.

I don't think she'll be back for a while, because I think Marvel thinks Pixie and Armor can replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I truthfully am scared that she's going to be brought back as some kind of Widget-like thing since she's becoming one with a magic space bullet.:rolleyes: However, I'd like for her to hook up with either the Rachel and the Shi'ar guy with the sword (whose name I conveniently let slip from my mind) or the GotG.

I don't think she'll be back for a while, because I think Marvel thinks Pixie and Armor can replace her.
    She'll be back before Jean! lol

On their best day, Pixie and Armor cannot match Kitty Pryde on her worst day.

Sorry...thats how it is!

Anole always reminded me a bit of Kitty Pryde: smart, precocious, youthful, a bit wide-eyed, a tad moody, loyal.

Armor has a cool power and no significant personality traits. Pixie can be mildly amusing, and that is really it. If they were wanting to go with the whole youth/mentor route....Anole would have been a more interesting choice.

i miss Kitty already :) She brings a lot to the group. At this point...i really do think that Jean is the focal point in the X-Offices.
    Last edited by MuhollandDriver; 10-25-2008 at 08:53 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    On their best day, Pixie and Armor cannot match Kitty Pryde on her worst day.

Sorry...thats how it is!
    Agreed completely!
    Anole always reminded me a bit of Kitty Pryde: smart, precocious, youthful, a bit wide-eyed, a tad moody, loyal.

Armor has a cool power and no significant personality traits. Pixie can be mildly amusing, and that is really it. If they were wanting to go with the whole youth/mentor route....Anole would have been a more interesting choice.
    Personality-wise, I agree about Anole. He'll just never capture my heart the way Kitty did.
    i miss Kitty already :) She brings a lot to the group. At this point...i really do think that Jean is the focal point in the X-Offices.
    Yeah. I've been missing her since before she caught the bullet train. I just didn't care much for the way she was being used for about a year before that. I think Jean is about the only one I can accept being a focal point more than Kitty (well, I might settle for the real Darkstar).

And how sucky is it that Kitty's not going to be around for Yana's return?

Unhappy Friendz 4 Ever!

I miss the friendship between Storm and Kitty, the one they had from the 80s Why don't current writers acknowledge it? (glad there was some mention in World's Apart)

BANNED

i miss when kitty used to experiment with different looks.

why did she stop?

(i think nightcrawler said something mean to her about it one day.)

Agreed completely!

Personality-wise, I agree about Anole. He'll just never capture my heart the way Kitty did.

Yeah. I've been missing her since before she caught the bullet train. I just didn't care much for the way she was being used for about a year before that. I think Jean is about the only one I can accept being a focal point more than Kitty (well, I might settle for the real Darkstar).

And how sucky is it that Kitty's not going to be around for Yana's return?
    i never thought a character could at this point...but Anole has captured my heart. He is my favorite character from the youth team. What a kid :). It is really the same reason why i like Kitty..i feel he is the most relatable and approachable....especially on a team with X-23, Surge, Hellion, Elixir, and the other emonauts!

Darkstar! You love D-List Darkstar! You deserve a soul butter-knife..straight from Limbo's kitchen!

Yes....Kitty not there for Illyana's return....shucks. i am still miffed that Wolverine has a bigger role in it than the New Mutants. For friggin sake.

Who doesn't love Bullet Pryde!!!!
    Psylocke

Like Dr Phil, but AWESOME Kirayoshi's Avatar
    On the Fields of Trensimore, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    The bullet drifts into Shi'ar space. Rachel detects Kitty's presence within the bullet. Tapping into the power of the Phoenix, she pulls Kitty's consciousness free and destroys the bullet.

Kitty shares Rachel's mind until someone (probably Sikorsky) can restore her body. In the meantime, she could help with anti-Vulcan initiative.
    I still say Kitty becomes the next Phoenix.

Think about it; Jean sacrificed herself to save her teammates inside the tip(control room) of a missile(space shuttle) headed for Earth, and emerged as the Phoenix(okay, she was replaced by the Phoenix and was left on the ocean floor for a few years. Details, details!). Kitty sacrificed herself to save the world inside the tip(nosecone) of a missile(giant bullet) headed for Earth. Striking parallel?

Alternate idea: Rachel waits until the bullet crashes into Vulcan, then frees Kitty. Two birds, one damn big stone!
    Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism!