Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Biege Lantern

Default Red hulk hero anti hero or villain

Coming to the party a bit late I was curious to hear long time readers views on the subject.I see him as a character in the vein of sabretooth.What are your views.Will he stick around or is he just passing through the marvel u

If i recognized this character, I would go with VILLAIN, not a good bone in its body.

Quote Originally Posted by is it just me View Post
    Coming to the party a bit late I was curious to hear long time readers views on the subject.I see him as a character in the vein of sabretooth.What are your views.Will he stick around or is he just passing through the marvel u
    At this point, I'm wondering what your views on Sabretooth are.

But he's a villain.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

deuche-hero?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    deuche-hero?
    just a deuche
    Cyclops ad portas

An anti-hero does good no matter how misguided. I don't think Rulk has done a single good thing since he appeared......and I mean that conceptually and as a character.

Biege Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by is it just me View Post
    I think maybe i could have worded my initial post a bit better.I just wondered if people thought he was like a lot of new characters lately a rushed one dimensional flash in the pan or whether in the right hands he could have a future in the marvel u.After all sabretooth went from being a poor mans wolverine to i believe a character that could have sustained an ongoing series in the guise of evil or anti hero (on reflection maybe not hero)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    deuche-hero?
    That's Iron Man

Red Hulk is quite clearly a villain since so far he hasn't done anything heroic and he did kill a bunch of people in a village in russia in the first issue.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Red Hulk is probably just about my favorite version of The Hulk since Fixit & Pak's Green Hulk.

Smart, cunning and wonderfully badass. I love him both conceptually and as a character. Though I hate Loeb's green Hulk, Rulk is a large part of why I've actually been able to enjoy the book.

I guess he's evil, you could definitely say that. He's basically the antithesis of The Hulk, The reckless monster General Ross and everybody else that imagined The Hulk as such given form.

That being said, I'm unsure why Loeb has given so much screentime to Rulk if he's just going to be a straightup villian.

The book is half his and he was running it in the early going, is Loeb planning to turn him into an anti-hero?

I'm unsure of what the motivation is in giving him equal billing with The Green Hulk when he's just supposed to be an antagonist.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

of the CBR Illuminati! Sabrinaset's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    .That being said, I'm unsure why Loeb has given so much screentime to Rulk if he's just going to be a straightup villian.

Because Rulk is Loeb's current Mary-Sue?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    That's Iron Man

Red Hulk is quite clearly a villain since so far he hasn't done anything heroic and he did kill a bunch of people in a village in russia in the first issue.
    The loss of life can definitely be put in his hands due to his recklessness (aswell as Blonsky's, another notable asshole) but I can't be sure he deliberately slaughtered them, the way he phrased it, it sounded like the village(ers) just got caught in the middle of the ongoing tussle.

He blamed their deaths on The Abomination's cowardice.

He doesn't strike me as the type to go after powerless people unless they had something he wanted, got in his way (on purpose) or were a danger to him.

Otherwise he seems like a jackass with a superiority complex beating up on superhero types, leaving random casualties in his wake.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 10-25-2008 at 05:53 PM.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    The loss of life can definitely be put in his hands due to his recklessness (aswell as Blonsky's, another notable asshole) but I can't be sure he deliberately slaughtered them, the way he phrased it, it sounded like the village(ers) just got caught in the middle of the ongoing tussle.

He blamed their deaths on The Abomination's cowardice.

He doesn't strike me as the type to go after powerless people unless they had something he wanted, got in his way (on purpose) or were a danger to him.

Otherwise he seems like a jackass with a superiority complex beating up on superhero types, leaving random casualties in his wake.
    Regardless, he didn't seem to care. Even punisher makes sure he doesn't harm innocent civilians. And if Red isn't a villain why is he forming ''the offenders '' which is a group of super villains.

You know, I very distinctly remember saying he could be considered evil.

I never said he couldn't be considered a villain either.

Don't confuse me replying to you as to questioning that, it should be quite obvious to anyone that he's a bad dude, my first post reflects that aswell.

Again, I was just saying, as far as we know, he didn't directly kill them by intention, they were victims of his battle against The Abomination.

I was clarifying to point out a small and simple character trait/flaw/difference in his personality between The Hulk. He sought out to kill The Abomination but anything that happens as a result of his strength, he doesn't seem to hold himself accountable, unlike The Hulk, he's unrestrained in fatal collateral damage. Reckless and careless but not deliberate in the murder of bystanders yet. Small things that may not matter but I'm trying to put them all together.

Did he crash the helicarrier on purpose so that it would fall into the city or did that come about as a result of his carnage on it? I can't remember.

There are many different type of villains, Melendez, I'm just trying to figure out what kind he is.

Rulk is still largely a mystery, why did he kill The Abomination and just beat She-Hulk, Iron Man and Thor to a pulp and walk away? Is it just about becoming better than The Hulk? Power? Was he working within limits set by Ross and co to some higher end and failed after not being able to rid the world of The Green Hulk or did he go renegade/both? Does he have any warped moral compass at all? Is he just a jackass with a gigantic ego (quite possibly, yes)?

It could all be very simple but I get the feeling theres more to the character and why he's getting such an unusual amount of presence in a book that seemingly belongs to him just as much as his counterpart.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 10-25-2008 at 09:19 PM.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Good. Evil. he's just the guy with the giant gun. oh sht. i think i figured out who Red Hulk is.... http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...saur_super.jpg
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

It's all in the reflexes JackBurton01's Avatar

Rulk isn't Ash he is General Ross. The General Ross standing over him is a split personality talking to himself, like banner and hulk. Thats why as soon as he is done talking he opens his eyes. He also has never cared about collatoral damage when going after the hulk. It all fits for me.