Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel Solicitations, January 2009

Marvel has released images and solicitation information for new comics on sale
    in January, 2009, including new issues of "The Stand," "Dark Tower," "Captain
    America," "Amazing Spider-Man" and "Secret Invasion: War of Kings."

Full article here.

Hmmmm...interesting to note that there's no regular issue of Uncanny X-Men nor Fantastic Four...

That Agents of Atlas by Arthur Adams poster is pretty cool. Has it been revealed who's doing the art in the upcoming series yet? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere, and Adams on that title would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post
    Hmmmm...interesting to note that there's no regular issue of Uncanny X-Men nor Fantastic Four...

That Agents of Atlas by Arthur Adams poster is pretty cool. Has it been revealed who's doing the art in the upcoming series yet? I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere, and Adams on that title would rock.
    Yeah it would rock, but you'd get an issue every 3-4 months. It's impossible for Art Adams to get a book out on a regular basis

Thor 600 better have accompanying posters...

Is Jeffe Paolo going to be on Moon Knight as the permanent penciller? That would rock so much if he is on that book! I've been really turned off since Suayan left the book.

Arrow CBR: Marvel Solicitations, January 2009

I'll be getting:
    Amazing Spider-Man #582
    Invincible Iron Man #9
    X-Men Vs. Hulk #1
    Marvel Adventures Super Heroes #7
    Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! #2
    Captain America #46
    Daredevil #115
    Wolverine: First Class #11
    Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 3: The Book of the Iron Fist TPB

I was tempted to get both New and Mighty but I'm not a fan of Billy Tan the lack of information about either book has put me off.

The book I'm most looking forward to is Marvel Adventures Super Heroes #7. I only have a couple of the Lee/Kirby Tales of Asgard so the chance to get a one-shot origin story for Thor with Louise Simonson writing and great art really appeals to me.

Rodney Buchemi's work:
    EAT GLASS, LAWMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
    Rodney Buchemi's work:
    Wow. That's really spectacular!

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default A few very impressive pieces

I'll end up with half of everything, but as usual it seems the top two are Moon Knight and Captain America. Great artists, great guest stars. Punisher is really throwing around his weight as an A-lister.

Is Jeffe Paolo going to be on Moon Knight as the permanent penciller? That would rock so much if he is on that book! I've been really turned off since Suayan left the book.
    I thought his MK work stunk but I'll be checking out the Werewolf story. His Spider-Man-Thing cover is also neat.

I really like that Agents of Atlas poster. It would be cool if Marvel sent those out to comic book stores to promote the book.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post

Isn't that 2 months in a row there's been no FF?

Uncanny Annual #2? What was the first?

Where is Secret Warriors?

A very hard month to place my orders for when I know nothing about half of the titles!

Moon Knight looks just #$%&ing amazing. What's bizarre is that on my way home today I was just thinking about a Moon Knight story set in Mexico City. I can't believe it's actually there. Guest-starring the damn Punisher. I really enjoy the dynamic between them. And Jefte Palo! Completely loved his work on the Annual and his recent Black Panther issues. It sure is a welcome change after Texeira's off putting work. Badass cover as well. I'm really, really excited for this, hopefully Benson will deliver and not dissapoint like he did with the first couple of issues from the current Thunderbolts arc. But I wonder what kind of death has Marc Spector gone through. Is is only Moon Knight left? Have Steven Grant and Jake Lockley resurfaced? Did Marc died and was brought back by Khonshu again?

I'm intrigued by the Swierczynski & Suayan Werewolf by Night book, although an indication if it's a mini about him or a series of one-shots featuring different characters would be nice... I've been missing Mico Suayan's work since he left Moon Knight, and Duane's Immortal Iron Fist remains as enjoyable as it's ever been, and it looks like it's just getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett P View Post
    Uncanny Annual #2? What was the first?
    The one where Storm left the X-Men, maybe? It's the last one that I can remember...

BANNED

She-Hulk #37 sounds great. Mallory Book is back, plus old friends (Awesome Andy, Two-Gun Kid, Pug, et al?) and old enemies (I'm guessing this is where Man-Elephant makes his return)! Sounds hot, but I was kind of disappointed to see that old recycled picture used as the cover.

I've been thinkin about picking up an Avengers title after SI, shame there's info on them yet.. kind of annoying since I need to pre-order my stuff pretty early. Dark Avengers? Hmm... "Pencils & Cover by MIKE DEODATO" sweet!

Wich Avengers title do you think will be most self contained as we're moving in to 2009?

No Loeb "Hulk" this month, or "Punisher War Journal"? Or am I just missing them? I went over the list about five times but couldn't see them.
    I am really looking forward to the X-Men Omnibus. Now I'd like Marvel to reprint the second FF Omnibus.

Jason

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Those secret solicitations are really beginning to annoy me.

Why is Silver Surfer fighting Skaar on Sakaar?