Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Luke Cage and Danny Rand lacking interaction in NA?

I know everything is going to change once Secret Invasion is over but I noticed that Luke Cage and Iron Fist in NA don't act the way the should in regards to each other. They're the frickin heroes for hire! These guys are warriors, brothers, and best friends. I see it in reading recent issues of Iron First and some DD issues but in reading my back issues of NA Danny should be Luke's right hand or at least second command in leading the New Avengers. Granted you had guys with experiance like Wolverine and a powerhouse like Strange but when you're cage leading a team and you have your best friend working with you to lay some hate on guys like the Hand and the hood I think there should be more interaction between the two. These two guys are like Riggs and Murtaugh, Kareem and Magic, Rocky and Apollo Creed, Jordan and Pippen, Otter and Boon, Seth and Evan etc

Luke got married! Hos before bros, y'know?

Man, if Cage and Fist started interacting more in NA, they'd OWN the book. I'd love for a good humor writer to write an adventure with these tow, it'd make a nice, action-packed, fun diversion to the major bummerfest the NA book has been over the last few years.
    Leader of the Sally Floyd Hatewagon, KILL THAT DRUNK BITCH!

To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Iron Fist is in New Avengers. I mean, you could replace him with Yogi the Bear and noone would notice the difference. He has no personality in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Iron Fist is in New Avengers. I mean, you could replace him with Yogi the Bear and noone would notice the difference. He has no personality in NA.
    He has had his moments. His confrontation with the MA in his office was a fantastic scene. and Luke did name his baby after Danny.

You mean there's stuff happening in an Avengers title that isn't a Skrull flashback?

I must have missed that page....

Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyft
    He has had his moments. His confrontation with the MA in his office was a fantastic scene. and Luke did name his baby after Danny.
    Even in that scene Jeryn ended up looking like the bad ass. He out smarted Tony Stark, and came up with the ultimate get out of jail free card for any non registered heroes civilian id(not that it helps Luke).

Danny has been VERY flat in New Avengers, it's a real waste. He plays the role Stark did. The money, and the planes. Danny is far better than that and Bendis really doesn't have a voice for him at all. Brubaker Fraction and Duane Sw{mumble}ski, on the other hand hit Danny's voice perfectly. Luke and Danny have a very strong and clear bond in TIIF. I would like to see the New Avengers team continue to have Rand on it, he makes perfect sense as the financial backer with his currant liquidation of rand corp to become the biggest charity organization in the world, why not fund the New Avengers? The group could operate out of the new Rand building in Times square, or possibly in the old Randall Train Station (for a Ninja Turtles vibe), focus on more street level stuff but still show up to help the Mighty team when Ultron shows up. As seen in Iron Fist and this weeks issue of Daredevl, Danny also does a lot of charity work, and it would be great to see the Avengers handing out blankets and food on quiet nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremnar View Post
    or possibly in the old Randall Train Station (for a Ninja Turtles vibe), .
    Love that idea.

Fist cannot be 2nd in command he is the new guy on the team (except for Echo), besides they are formally enough organized to have a command structure.

The current Avengers line-up isn't even a fraction as good as the current Iron fist line up.

Luke Cage, Spider-Man,Wolverine, Iron Fist,Ronin and Echo

Iron fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, and the Immortal weapons

Gosh, NA has been rubbish recently.
    It needs to stop trying to be Awesome superhero team up and start being a book.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Quote Originally Posted by Josef F. View Post
    The current Avengers line-up isn't even a fraction as good as the current Iron fist line up.

Luke Cage, Spider-Man,Wolverine, Iron Fist,Ronin and Echo

Iron fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, and the Immortal weapons

Gosh, NA has been rubbish recently.
    It needs to stop trying to be Awesome superhero team up and start being a book.
    it hasnt been a team book for 3-4 months anyway. So we shall see what sort of form it takes once SI is over i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyft View Post
    it hasnt been a team book for 3-4 months anyway. So we shall see what sort of form it takes once SI is over i guess.
    I don't count these SI issues as anything anyway.
    Even before the dullness hit, I found it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef F. View Post
    I don't count these SI issues as anything anyway.
    Even before the dullness hit, I found it boring.
    Yeah, I contemplated dropping it before SI started, but I just couldn't do it. Damn that completionist inside me. I'm giving it until the end of the Dark Reign storyarc, and if it doesn't begin to start interesting me, I'm dropping it like it's carrying the viral plague.

Yeah, Danny's been real flat in NA. That's why I pick up Immortal to get my Iron Fist fix and Luke+Danny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    Yeah, I contemplated dropping it before SI started, but I just couldn't do it. Damn that completionist inside me. I'm giving it until the end of the Dark Reign storyarc, and if it doesn't begin to start interesting me, I'm dropping it like it's carrying the viral plague.
    We all know that affter SI, Mighty'll be where it's at.