Default The Star Wars radio Dramas should be adapted in comic book form

far as i know it has never been done...correct me if i am wrong...

I have listened to them and they are fantastic and ad a lot of background to the films...Dark horse should consider making them in comic book runs, that would be awesome!

Wouldn't sell.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Wouldn't sell.

Oh, I don't know...I wouldn't say that nessacarily but I'd agree that adapting the radio dramas does seem a little pointless.

I mean, if someone likes the radio dramas then just listen to them or else read the scripts, which have been published. Why would you need a comic adaptation of them? Just seems surplus to requirements to me.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    I mean, if someone likes the radio dramas then just listen to them or else read the scripts, which have been published. Why would you need a comic adaptation of them? Just seems surplus to requirements to me.
    A miniseries telling the story of STAR WARS featuring events and characters that weren't in the movie would probably sell. "The Last Days of Alderaan," perhaps - with Bail Organa & rebellion leaders on Alderaan and allies (who survived) like Mon Montha, Bel Iblis and Ackbar?

How many storylines or backstories are in the Radio Dramas that haven't been told yet?

If there are alot of untold scenes or tales, I would definitely go for a series like that. So far there've been the regular Marvel adaptations, the Manga adaptations, the Prequel movie adaptations drom dark horse....and one Special Edition "A New Hope" adaptation series for 1997's moive release.

I noticed the recent comic movie adaptations lately have cut up way too much dialogue and important scenes from movies (Indy 4 adaptation...).

You should post this topic over at the the Dark Horse/Star Wars boards to see what the edtiors would say about the idea of adapting the radio dramas....
    Last edited by Yodazone; 10-06-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    A miniseries telling the story of STAR WARS featuring events and characters that weren't in the movie would probably sell. "
    They're not based on the radio dramas, but Episode I Adventures and Darklighter are kind of like that.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

I don't know which came first but Dark Empire exists as a radio drama and a comic book. So does the early adventures of Kyle Katarn on Ruslan but I forgot the name of his early saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    I don't know which came first but Dark Empire exists as a radio drama and a comic book. So does the early adventures of Kyle Katarn on Ruslan but I forgot the name of his early saga.
    Oh, the STAR WARS (and ESB) radio dramas came out relatively soon after the movies. It took a while to get to ROTJ though (1997 or so?).

I always liked the DARK EMPIRE adaptations. It helps make an already great comic series more memorable for me.