Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Go take a chill pill ProfeZZor X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    its very him

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...enCandyBar.jpg
    btw thats drawn by the eic himself
    EIC? ...enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
    If you enjoy images like that, I STRONGLY encourage you to check out the link in my sig below... It's pretty much a thousand times better than what this thread is attempting to be right now. Nothing but Iceman's greatest feats since the very beginning.
    Interesting things at the link, you should post some here
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

Thumbs up

EIC? ...enlighten me.
    editor in chief
    joe quesada
    from early 90s
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Default Emma and Bobby

I was wondering what exactly happened to Bobby when Emma took over his mind. What did Emma do to him, and what was the bad and good results of it? Also, can we see some scans of this time? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FieryCajunforPolaris View Post
    I was wondering what exactly happened to Bobby when Emma took over his mind. What did Emma do to him, and what was the bad and good results of it? Also, can we see some scans of this time? Thanks!
    Technically, Iceman was doing the stuff Emma did with his powers a year or two prior. Check out Uncanny X-Men #302. The "Emma incident" didn't happen until Uncanny #314 or #316. There was nothing "good" or "bad" about it - it's just an event that happened during a time when Iceman was growing unpopular and needed a boost. So the perception is that Emma tapped unto that untapped potential he has, but in reality all she did was use one ability that he hasn't used in the 616 universe before. And it seems that it's the only memorable thing people refer to when it comes to his and her interaction.

Technically, Iceman was doing the stuff Emma did with his powers a year or two prior. Check out Uncanny X-Men #302. The "Emma incident" didn't happen until Uncanny #314 or #316. There was nothing "good" or "bad" about it - it's just an event that happened during a time when Iceman was growing unpopular and needed a boost. So the perception is that Emma tapped unto that untapped potential he has, but in reality all she did was use one ability that he hasn't used in the 616 universe before. And it seems that it's the only memorable thing people refer to when it comes to his and her interaction.
    There was also the situation where Bobby lost his powers, or believed he lost his powers like many mutants in the Decimation arc. Emma was able to trigger his powers back into use, if that is the correct way to say it?

もう二度と・・・

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    There was also the situation where Bobby lost his powers, or believed he lost his powers like many mutants in the Decimation arc. Emma was able to trigger his powers back into use, if that is the correct way to say it?
    I wouldn't consider that as her using his powers though... What she did was basically go into his mind and manipulate it to remove a blockage... Which is no different than Xavier constructing a blockage for Franklin Richards powers. Doesn't necessarily mean that Xavier is using Franklin's powers just because he's in his head.

I wouldn't consider that as her using his powers though... What she did was basically go into his mind and manipulate it to remove a blockage... Which is no different than Xavier constructing a blockage for Franklin Richards powers. Doesn't necessarily mean that Xavier is using Franklin's powers just because he's in his head.
    ok... call it indirect assistance to powers then?

もう二度と・・・

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    ok... call it indirect assistance to powers then?
    No, because she wasn't using his Bobby's powers when she turned them back on. That's like saying Tessa was using Beast's powers when she upped his mutation into Cat-Beast... Or when Magneto assisted Maggot when his mutation first manifested... Now Vulcan and Darwin's situation (during Deadly Genesis) is a different story.
    Last edited by ProfeZZor X; 01-01-2009 at 06:58 PM.

I actually like the Mike Carey’s Iceman Kill or Cure story. Mr.Carey has done more character development for Iceman in these 5 issues & in his X-men run of 188-204 than any other writer/writers has done for him in the past 5 years maybe even 10 years. All we here/seen for years is that Ice man is the X-men resident joker and under achiever. Also as the only Omega level mutant in marvel who’s to lazy or dumb, or afraid to learn how to completely use & control his power. Basically that all we’ve gotten till recently that is. Iceman would use his powers or need to use his powers but always said/shown something about him being unconfident in his self & etc. I don’t know bout you’ll but I was get tried of hearing the say old stuff (that he an Omega level mutant that doesn’t know how to use all his powers & doesn’t know just how powerful he is & can be) Even in the new Wolverine and the X-Men show they have Iceman acting as if he’s a weak, immature idiot when in all actuality if he’s 18 (more likely should be 19) he only 2-3 younger than Scott, Angel & Beast.

They even have Kitty acting more mature than him she at least a good 3-5 years young than him in both the comics & in that cartoon or should be. So when a writer actually being some character development to Robert & has him sounding like an man in his mid to late 20s instead of 16 or 17 teenager, I would think other X-men/Iceman fans should/would be happy because this writer actually wasn’t being lazy like he could have been just like so many before him & wrote Iceman like an teenage instead of the man that he actually is.

I know some people are mad that their wasn’t actually winner/finish but honesty what more could we aspect from marvel it not like marvel is really going to kill Raven anytime in the near future or Iceman & its not like Robert can really die or be kill by raven or that fact any 1 else because he can always keep building his self back up from next to nothing when he does have those close calls at death. I give the story an 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex View Post
    What's not to love? He has the best butt of the O5.

This image must appear on every page of this thread. Iceman is the sexiest male of the 05.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    I actually like the Mike Carey’s Iceman Kill or Cure story. Mr.Carey has done more character development for Iceman in these 5 issues & in his X-men run of 188-204 than any other writer/writers has done for him in the past 5 years maybe even 10 years. All we here/seen for years is that Ice man is the X-men resident joker and under achiever. Also as the only Omega level mutant in marvel who’s to lazy or dumb, or afraid to learn how to completely use & control his power. Basically that all we’ve gotten till recently that is. Iceman would use his powers or need to use his powers but always said/shown something about him being unconfident in his self & etc. I don’t know bout you’ll but I was get tried of hearing the say old stuff (that he an Omega level mutant that doesn’t know how to use all his powers & doesn’t know just how powerful he is & can be) Even in the new Wolverine and the X-Men show they have Iceman acting as if he’s a weak, immature idiot when in all actuality if he’s 18 (more likely should be 19) he only 2-3 younger than Scott, Angel & Beast.

They even have Kitty acting more mature than him she at least a good 3-5 years young than him in both the comics & in that cartoon or should be. So when a writer actually being some character development to Robert & has him sounding like an man in his mid to late 20s instead of 16 or 17 teenager, I would think other X-men/Iceman fans should/would be happy because this writer actually wasn’t being lazy like he could have been just like so many before him & wrote Iceman like an teenage instead of the man that he actually is.

I know some people are mad that their wasn’t actually winner/finish but honesty what more could we aspect from marvel it not like marvel is really going to kill Raven anytime in the near future or Iceman & its not like Robert can really die or be kill by raven or that fact any 1 else because he can always keep building his self back up from next to nothing when he does have those close calls at death. I give the story an 8.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo! View Post
    This image must appear on every page of this thread. Iceman is the sexiest male of the 05.
    Agreed on all these points above

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post

Now that Carey has established the seriousness and darker side of him including a new awareness of his powers, let's see how Carey or whoever will write him now... Let's just hope he's not regressed again.

Iceman rocks!

I think it is time to up the ante with Iceman. He needs a team. Maybe a rescue mission. Something that works along the lines of XForce but with the goal of saving mutants.

Its funny how powerful Iceman really is. With his training, no mutant could stand against him. I realize that it is a matter of timing, but he just needs a second or two to freeze your brain. Wait....I know what you are thinking.....

1. telepaths can shut him down....Didn't Xavier train all his students with mental shields? In the time it takes to break through, your blood is just so much slushie.
    2. wolverine can heal.....Wolverine stuck in an iceblock can heal but can't move to cut his way out.
    3. cyclops is such a tactical leader and.....What is that? His power works only if his eyes open? His eyelids are frozen shut. But then he can still fight. Ever hit an ice block with your hand?
    4. magneto or lorna....Remember when she said that their is traces of iron even in water? So. Hard to use those think about using traces with iceblocks where most of your extremities were. That is permanent damage by the way.

Sorry but I am hard pressed to find hero with the power to stop him. The pics with Juggy were junk too. Juggernaut is only unstoppable if he has friction. Oops! Slipped a little big guy.

Bobby is the average guy with trouble with girls and afraid to use his power. I think a true writer, like seen in the Kill or cures, can show us what he is really made of.