Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dynamo 5 Welcomes New Readers with Zero Issue

Jay Faerber is launching a new storyline that will entice new readers and shock
    longtime fans of the acclaimed superhero series. Faerber spoke with us about the
    change that is coming in "Dynamo 5" #0.

Full article here.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

There's such a thing as not wanting to have your readers get to comfortable with the status quo, but I swear Jay Faerber has made a pact with the devil to drive us absolutely freaking bonkers!
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Scrap's the oldest? I never would've guessed.

Can't wait! This book is up there with the best from Marvel & DC as my favorite monthly superhero title.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Scrap's the oldest? I never would've guessed.
    Yeah, she is. From what I remember, she finished college while the others are still in school. Well, except for Mariad.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar

Love this book so much. I hope the team makes a stop off in the midwest at Wizard World Chicago next year. Love to get some more signed books from Jay. He is creating such a great little universe.

I'll definitely be checking this out. I've been waiting for a good time to jump onto this title.

Nick Marino, AudioShocker djshalope's Avatar

love this book! i i had the pleasure of interviewing jay not too long ago http://www.audioshocker.com/2008/08/...st-episode-042 but he didn't let me in on anything about Dynamo 5 #0 so this is great news to me. seriously, i really do love this book. so much so that i almost pissed myself when i saw that jay has Dynamo 5 t-shirts now (something else he didn't talk about on the podcast!!!). mostly i'm just pumped that dynamo 5 will have a $0.99 issue because that means i get another issue of this book and i get it for cheap!

I hope this tempts people to try the series.

It's pure Faerberness at its best.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

i think i am the only person on earth who doesn't like this book. i read the first 4 or 5 issues and it just did nothing for me.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgiff View Post
    i think i am the only person on earth who doesn't like this book. i read the first 4 or 5 issues and it just did nothing for me.
    To be honest, I'm pretty lukewarm on it myself & have said as much a couple of places. I keep buying it, though, because I expect the light to go on for me or something -- I know very well, from being a fan of Noble Causes, that Jay is an extremely good writer, so I figure the problem is with me, not the comic. One of these days ...

(I actually like the current patchwork lineup better than the original one, though I attribute that largely to my fondness for the Firebirds, who remind me very favorably of Trina Robbins & Anne Timmons' great GoGirl.)
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 10-08-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

I read this comic for the first time recently. The different take on superhero is impressive.

I like the characters,their powers and how they are used by Maddie.

The art is cool too, it has vibes of Scott Macdaniel which i like.

How is this series trade wise ?