Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Quantum Leap: DnA Talk "Nova"

In this week's "Nova" #17, the Human Rocket Darkhawk join forces against the
    Skrull invaders, and concludes with the surprise return of another of Nova’s old
    allies. Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning give us the goods on all things Nova.

Full article here.

Hmmm... that's interesting.

I wonder if Wendel is now going to be like Monica/Photon if he's an energy being.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmmm... that's interesting.

I wonder if Wendel is now going to be like Monica/Photon if he's an energy being.
    Yeah, that was actually the first thought I had, esp. after seeing the preview art for #18 (granted, it's not colored, but it really looks like he's "glowing" in an energy form). Anyway, I think his new energy form could mean 1 of 2 things: he either doesn't need the Quantum Bands anymore b/c he's self-powered now; or he needs the Quantum Bands now b/c he needs them to regulate his energy form or some other survivalist reason.

Surely the best interview I have never read, be careful there are lot of spoiler, it sound very great for the futur, Wendell fans have a great chance, I really would like that Dna work with Mar-vell, it's fun when they say that they have decided to kill Wendell for to have more time to work about the future of the character, you see Wendell fans, two years is not very long and during this time the authors think for the character for great future stories .

SPOILER

I can't wait for to see the reaction of Phyla with Wendell, I know it's just a potential story, but I feel they already work for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeckBoy View Post
    Yeah, that was actually the first thought I had, esp. after seeing the preview art for #18 (granted, it's not colored, but it really looks like he's "glowing" in an energy form). Anyway, his new energy form could mean 1 of 2 things: he either doesn't need the Quantum Bands anymore b/c he's self-powered now; or he needs the Quantum Bands now b/c he needs them to regulate his energy form or some other survivalist reason.
    If they plan on keeping Phyla around, then I'll assume the former is true and he won't need them. Though I hope Wendel at least gets the Quasar name back, even if he doesn't get the bands.

But if they ever want Quasar to have a human body again, I'll wager him getting the bands back will "magically" give him a body again.

It was also cool they thought of him as the Captain America of the cosmic scene. That was neat.

It would be interesting to see Wendell go toe to toe with the Living Laser again now.

A cool interview; I actually don't dislike Wendell at all (but oh god are his fans fun to mess with) and am looking forward to seeing what happens with him. Since he is an energy being now, I'm thinking he'll take back the Quasar name while Phyla keeps the Bands. And Grrr, more War of Kings teases! I cannotcannotcannotcannotcannotCANNOT wait to read that series!
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

What I want to know is exactly when Darkhawk became Nova's "brother", as the article states, in any sense of the word. And yes, I know this is nitpicking that veers off from the point of the article....but honestly, if you're being paid to write about comics, you should at least know what you're talking about

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyforth View Post
    What I want to know is exactly when Darkhawk became Nova's "brother", as the article states, in any sense of the word. And yes, I know this is nitpicking that veers off from the point of the article....but honestly, if you're being paid to write about comics, you should at least know what you're talking about
    Umm... Nova WAS "reunited with his brother [Robbie Ryder] and former New Warriors comrade, Darkhawk [Chris Powell], with whom he tries to repel the Skrull attack"

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Umm... Nova WAS "reunited with his brother [Robbie Ryder] and former New Warriors comrade, Darkhawk [Chris Powell], with whom he tries to repel the Skrull attack"
    Might the brother be a Nova recruit? He longs for Spandex and action

Default DnA talks Nova and Guardians *Spoilers*

DnA talks about Wendell's return, what it means to Richard that someone he looks up to is alive, and how Richard felt guilty about his death. DnA mentions that Wendell is now and energy and the impact his return will have on the cosmic fabric. His death and the fact that he is now an energy being affects his mental state. They mention that Guardian's of the Galaxy is where his impact will be felt the most, especially by Phyla. They talk about the dilemma of not being able to have two Protectors of the Universe and who will wear the Q-bands.

For Wendell fans - you will like this article because they mention that they have planned this return for the last two years, because Wendell is like a Cosmic Captain America. Lastly, there are two new pages for the next issue of Nova.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18215

Jimmy
    Last edited by 40yearoldnovafan; 09-25-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Lightbulb Recycling dead posts...

Who decides who gets to be the Protector of the Universe? All these questions will be explored in the upcoming 'Guardians' issues.
    Well, Epoch already implicitly rejected Phyla by going after Gravity to be WV's successor as PotU in F4 (even if he eventually said no).
    Last edited by Somebody; 09-25-2008 at 06:28 PM.

This really makes me annoyed because I always felt that Quasar could make the perfect Captain Marvel but now they are turning Marvel Boy into that. I really think its a little too soon to have him back like that. If anything I would say have Wendell hang out and take the place of the World Mind for a year or two since it seems out of commission. I';m a little surprised though how Nova who has been superheroing longer than Quasar should be in awe of the guy though. I hope its more out of guilt that he couldnt save him than anything.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by HeckBoy View Post
    Yeah, that was actually the first thought I had, esp. after seeing the preview art for #18 (granted, it's not colored, but it really looks like he's "glowing" in an energy form). Anyway, I think his new energy form could mean 1 of 2 things: he either doesn't need the Quantum Bands anymore b/c he's self-powered now; or he needs the Quantum Bands now b/c he needs them to regulate his energy form or some other survivalist reason.
    Well, if he's got his old powers (or a close approximation thereof), there ARE three loose pairs of Infinity Gauntlet-created Q-bands which should be "lying around" in the Quantum Zone if having Q-bands ever became a necessity of survival for him...

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerr3 View Post
    Might the brother be a Nova recruit? He longs for Spandex and action
    Within the realms of possibility I suppose, although I wouldn't put money on it.

Well so much for diversity.