Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16
    Junkyard Willie's Son Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    One inch off the gutter
    Posts
    17,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genma:TheDestroyer View Post
    Of course, he's ignoring the fact that the Uchiha were about to go insane and slaughter everyone in Konoha when given the chance...but someone with Sasuke's narrow view-points probably finds it easy to ignore that little fact.

    Yeah, that would throw a major kink into his revenge plan if he knew that fact...though, knowing Suaske, he would probably find a way to use it a motivation in some strange way.
    Have beer, will drink!

  2. #17
    Try again StreetFighterRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    4,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genma:TheDestroyer View Post
    His view as I understand it is that he doesn't like that the Uchiha as a whole had to die for the peace everyone enjoys. Which is what Sarutobi, Danzo, Itachi and the other two decided.

    Of course, he's ignoring the fact that the Uchiha were about to go insane and slaughter everyone in Konoha when given the chance...but someone with Sasuke's narrow view-points probably finds it easy to ignore that little fact.
    My point of view is that he's just hungry for power.
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

    Fear me.
    And my serpent.


    The Seven Sins of Star Wars

    1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

  3. #18
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genma:TheDestroyer View Post
    His view as I understand it is that he doesn't like that the Uchiha as a whole had to die for the peace everyone enjoys. Which is what Sarutobi, Danzo, Itachi and the other two decided.

    Of course, he's ignoring the fact that the Uchiha were about to go insane and slaughter everyone in Konoha when given the chance...but someone with Sasuke's narrow view-points probably finds it easy to ignore that little fact.
    And? Really, Sasuke's been insanse since he got Tsukyomi'd again.

    Kakakshi: Dude, fuck Itachi, let's go kick it. It's not a good idea.

    Sasuke: I'll kill your fucking special people!

    Kakashi: Ten years off there, sport.
    ___

    3 days later:

    Naruto: Dude, Orochimaru wants to get inside you! Not physically, well, maybe physically, but you know what I mean.

    Sasuke: It's cool, as long as I kill Itachi.

    Naruto: Techincally, it'll be Oro, in your body, which inst the same--

    Sasuke: I AM AN AVENGER!

    Naruto: Dude, I'm you're friend!

    Sasuke: FUCK FRIENDS!!!

    ___

    Three years later:

    Sasuke: Hey, this friendship thing isnt that bad, aside from all my friends being assholes.

    ___

    Three weeks earlier:

    Madara: Me and Itachi killed your clan, cause they were gonna kill Konoha. Well, I was pissed, but Itachi did it cause him and The Boss went to High School together.

    Sasuke: Konoha and it's elders must burn!

    Madara: I....was there too, you know. Infact, I did it for the lulz.

    Sasuke: But they ordered it for no good reason!

    Madara: Again, Coup.

    Sasuke: Not a good reason!

    Madara: Sarutobi wasn't for it, and Itachi had hoped--

    Sasuke: Fuck Sarabtobi! And Konoha! And fuck Itachi's dreams!

    Madara: You know, like 99% of the population didnt know the higher ups ordered it, or even that the Uchiha were planning a coup?

    Sasuke: Ignorance is no excuse!

    Madara: I'm pretty sure it is in this case...So, what about me, since I actually, you know, killed them?

    Sasuke: So, I'll get your 8-Tailed, and we call it squarsies?

    Madara: ...Damn. Okay, sure. I kinda expected a fight of some kind, but sure.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  4. #19
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    And? Really, Sasuke's been insanse since he got Tsukyomi'd again.

    Kakakshi: Dude, fuck Itachi, let's go kick it. It's not a good idea.

    Sasuke: I'll kill your fucking special people!

    Kakashi: Ten years off there, sport.
    ___

    3 days later:

    Naruto: Dude, Orochimaru wants to get inside you! Not physically, well, maybe physically, but you know what I mean.

    Sasuke: It's cool, as long as I kill Itachi.

    Naruto: Techincally, it'll be Oro, in your body, which inst the same--

    Sasuke: I AM AN AVENGER!

    Naruto: Dude, I'm you're friend!

    Sasuke: FUCK FRIENDS!!!(Chidoris Naruto in the lung and breaks his neck by bodyslamming him off a cliff)

    ___

    Three years later:

    Sasuke: Hey, this friendship thing isnt that bad, aside from all my friends being assholes.

    ___

    Three weeks earlier:

    Madara: Me and Itachi killed your clan, cause they were gonna kill Konoha. Well, I was pissed, but Itachi did it cause him and The Boss went to High School together.

    Sasuke: Konoha and it's elders must burn!

    Madara: I....was there too, you know. Infact, I did it for the lulz.

    Sasuke: But they ordered it for no good reason!

    Madara: Again, Coup.

    Sasuke: Not a good reason!

    Madara: Sarutobi wasn't for it, and Itachi had hoped--

    Sasuke: Fuck Sarabtobi! And Konoha! And fuck Itachi's dreams!

    Madara: You know, like 99% of the population didnt know the higher ups ordered it, or even that the Uchiha were planning a coup?

    Sasuke: Ignorance is no excuse!

    Madara: I'm pretty sure it is in this case...So, what about me, since I actually, you know, killed them?

    Sasuke: So, I'll get your 8-Tailed, and we call it squarsies?

    Madara: ...Damn. Okay, sure. I kinda expected a fight of some kind, but sure.
    Damn you, Miburo. You win the thread.

  5. #20
    Try again StreetFighterRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    4,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Damn you, Miburo. You win the thread.
    He always wins. >__>
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

    Fear me.
    And my serpent.


    The Seven Sins of Star Wars

    1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

  6. #21
    The Skylord FalconX2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22,427

    Default

    Inspired man.

  7. #22
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,766

    Default

    I agree with the majority that Nico Robin had it worse.

    I'm also giving her props for being having a rather healthy mind after 20 years of horrible shit thrown at her.

    Sasuke... well he's emotionally disturbed to say the least.

  8. #23
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Not really a fight, but who had the worse childhood?
    My gut instinct was to say Robin, but thinking about it, it's really kinda of hard to compare. I mean, I don't think one even can compare suffering on this level. It's pretty individual, you know?

    Both had relatively happy childhoods up until they both lost pretty much everything they ever cared about.

    Now, on one hand, most of Robin's life following this sucked incredible amounts of ass whereas Sasuke was still accepted within Konoha and at least had the option of making friends.

    On the other hand, while Sasuke didn't go through the same sheer amount of crap as Robin did, at least Robin didn't get tortured/mindraped and manipulated into revenge-obsessed super ninja.

    It depends, really. Robin probably suffered more, but Sasuke's trauma was more sudden and seems to have scared him deeper.

    Part 2: They sit and talk.
    Depends on how much they decide to open up to one another, really.

    Though, somehow I see Robin kinda-sorta getting through to him. She may not approve of his decisions but she ought to be able to sympathize with his experiences.

    I don't see them being the best of buddies, but they'll be able to understand one another.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  9. #24
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighterRyu View Post
    He always wins. >__>
    One day, I will know the secret to his power... oO
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  10. #25
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Both had relatively happy childhoods up until they both lost pretty much everything they ever cared about.
    I disagree on Robin ever being that happy in her childhood.

    Well maybe for the first like... two years before her mum left her with relatives who pretty much hated her and in a village that hated and feared her because of her Devil Fruit powers.

    The only happiness she had was doing archeology and even then she was forbidden from doing anything major because of the World Government being all totalitarian about it.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  11. #26
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,593

    Default

    Clearing phantom posts maybe?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  12. #27
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I disagree on Robin ever being that happy in her childhood.

    Well maybe for the first like... two years before her mum left her with relatives who pretty much hated her and in a village that hated and feared her because of her Devil Fruit powers.

    The only happiness she had was doing archeology and even then she was forbidden from doing anything major because of the World Government being all totalitarian about it.
    Well, I said relatively. She did have some people who cared about her, at least.

    Hm. Thinking about it, she actually had the same problem as Naruto and then got the Sasuke treatment on top of that. I gotta admit she handled it pretty well.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  13. #28
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, I said relatively. She did have some people who cared about her, at least.

    Hm. Thinking about it, she actually had the same problem as Naruto and then got the Sasuke treatment on top of that. I gotta admit she handled it pretty well.
    Yeah, apart from being a bit suicidal she was pretty normal.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  14. #29
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Who can be considered the 'Gaara' of One Piece?

  15. #30
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Who can be considered the 'Gaara' of One Piece?
    Sir Crocodile I guess.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •