Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Brave and the Bold #17 - Who's your Daddy? *Spoilers*

I wasn't going to pick this up. It's Supergirl. It's Raven. Who cares?

Oh man. They didn't say it on the cover; there's no hint.

RETURN OF A CHARACTER LONG FORGOTTEN.

A totally unexpected new Legacy Hero/Villain from a Long Forgotten Hero/Villain.

Man, spoilers if you say who. It was a good read.

For those of us who didnt' look through this issue, would someone mind spoiling who the returning character is?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    For those of us who didnt' look through this issue, would someone mind spoiling who the returning character is?
    Let's just say it's a TRIUMPHant return.

And by that, I mean to say it's TRIUMPH, or at least his SON that he probably never knew he had because he appears to have conceived him BEFORE the original magnetic disturbance sent him through time.

And the son appears to be suffering from retcon poisoning. Seriously. It's a pretty fucking sweet concept, right out of Astro City.
    Last edited by Squashua; 09-17-2008 at 03:38 PM.

We're done professionally Bruce Wayne Jr.'s Avatar

I gotta hand it to Wolfman; this was pretty compelling. Let's hope it wraps up well next issue.

I thought the art was ugly and apparently no one told him that the evil Zor-El had been retconned away and in fact, the good Zor-El appears this week in Action Comics. This will be the first issue of the new B&B I'm not picking up.

The vibe i got was Resurection Man.

maybe it was just the artwork.
    My Multiverse had a Crisis, and all i got was a lousy Reboot!

"When the f*ck did we get Ice Cream?"
    Wendell, The Ringer

"After a while, I was able to use the squirrel to break down the door..."
    Granny Puckett, Hoodwinked

=====================

"DONT TALK $H!T ABOUT TOTAL!!!!"
    TOURETTES GUY

Incorrectly Political RabidWolfe's Avatar

Very interesting that this issue (with Raven going on and on about how she's overcome Trigon) comes out on the same day that over in Titans she gives in to her Dark side yet once again.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstThingUS View Post
    I thought the art was ugly and apparently no one told him that the evil Zor-El had been retconned away and in fact, the good Zor-El appears this week in Action Comics. This will be the first issue of the new B&B I'm not picking up.
    It's not like any of the DC books match up in continuity at all these days anyway.

Just look @ Countdown and Final Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstThingUS View Post
    I'm a fan of Wolfman's and I like the art, but I think it's funny that none of the Supergirl or Raven stuff matches what's currently going on with their regular books (Are all the DC editors all on strike or something ? Why does this stuff keep happening ?).

I suspect that the "evil Zor-El" thing was necessary for this story to work (I think the premise is about "bad fathers", as that seems to be what connects the 3 characters in the story and I further suspect that the "solution" to the story involves the 3 characters realizing that they are their own people and don't have to be defined by their parents actions or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    It's not like any of the DC books match up in continuity at all these days anyway.

Just look @ Countdown and Final Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    I'm a fan of Wolfman's and I like the art, but I think it's funny that none of the Supergirl or Raven stuff matches what's currently going on with their regular books (Are all the DC editors all on strike or something ? Why does this stuff keep happening ?).

I suspect that the "evil Zor-El" thing was necessary for this story to work (I think the premise is about "bad fathers", as that seems to be what connects the 3 characters in the story and I further suspect that the "solution" to the story involves the 3 characters realizing that they are their own people and don't have to be defined by their parents actions or some such.
    Honestly, it's mostly the art that drove me away. And mentioning Nightwing with no appearance? Marv, of all people...

Like nearly every issue of B&B since Perez left, #17 had disappointing artwork. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. It's also disappointing that Raven is apparently stuck with the single most boring costume in comics today, because her original look was pretty interesting. The story might have been good, but I put this one back on the rack without reading it.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    Didn't someone at DC (Didio or Waid, perhaps?) describe BATB as taking place in a universe "next to" continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by DeTroyes View Post
    Didn't someone at DC (Didio or Waid, perhaps?) describe BATB as taking place in a universe "next to" continuity?
    That would be appropriate, since the original series took place on "Earth-B."
    Now on Dollar Bin Blues: Black History Month? Valentine's Day? Why choose only one?
    Previously: Not My Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    That would be appropriate, since the original series took place on "Earth-B."
    Well, just the more "unlikely" stories that Bob Haney wrote that involved stuff like Sgt. Rock, the Earth 1 Spectre, Batman fighting "hippies" or Thomas Wayne jr- Batman's crazy brother.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTroyes View Post
    hmm. If that's true, that's a really bad call; for a lot of people, continuity is a big selling point.

Personally, I'm ok with that, but I know it'll hurt sales on the book.