Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There trying to get an American version made. Yeah, I know it is going to suck.
    Have beer, will drink!

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

You just know in an American version all the kids would have to be in college. No way the uptight brigade would let Hollywood make a movie where teens are killing each other like in the original, and that kinda deaftes the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You just know in an American version all the kids would have to be in college. No way the uptight brigade would let Hollywood make a movie where teens are killing each other like in the original, and that kinda deaftes the whole point.
    The work around for that has always been to cast people in their 20s and 30s as high school kids. Just look at all the movies like Scream. One of the things that made Battle Royale shocking was that the cast actual teens for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    The work around for that has always been to cast people in their 20s and 30s as high school kids. Just look at all the movies like Scream. One of the things that made Battle Royale shocking was that the cast actual teens for this.
    Its not the age of the actors, it's the idea that an american movie would be made that features kids murdering each other on an island.
    Then again, i suppose crappy horror movies have been doing that for ages.

Because High School kids wouldn't kill each other...

Seriously, I picked up the first volume of the manga at my LL and I was blown away, I've known about it for a while but this is the first time I ever looked into it. Disgusting in that "Did he just do that!?" kind of way, but I'm hooked.

I started this after hearing about it on Avengers Arena threads. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    There trying to get an American version made. Yeah, I know it is going to suck.
    I thought that was the "Hunger Games."

I rather keep reading the original manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    I thought that was the "Hunger Games."

I rather keep reading the original manga.
    At the time he posted this there were rumors of an american version.
    Like, an actual american version, i fully beleive from various anecdotal stories about the author and having read her books and battle royal that she probably wasn't aware of it.
    Um...the book and movie, not the manga.

As much as I hate saying this, but my favorite part of the novel was the introduction of the last student who had gone mad and had begun thinking that she was a magical girl. It was completely out of left field considering the climax happens right after it.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri