Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mike carey new mutants??!!

how would y'all feel about carey writing a new title starring the original new mutants? cannonball,dani,da costa, magma,rahne etc... possibly with ryan sook on art. i think it would be the shit. it could a home for magik to return to. maybe denis calero on art.....

Quote Originally Posted by pgonzo98 View Post
    how would y'all feel about carey writing a new title starring the original new mutants? cannonball,dani,da costa, magma,rahne etc... possibly with ryan sook on art. i think it would be the shit. it could a home for magik to return to. maybe denis calero on art.....
    Thank you for starting a new thread to post your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pgonzo98 View Post
    I've never really been that interested in 'The New Mutants' as a team, only individual members of that team. I would like Carey back on a team book, though. What would be nice would, perhaps, be a collection of 'next generation' mutant characters, i.e. a team made up of a mix of New Mutants, Generation X and New X-Men, with maybe a newbie or two thrown in for good measure. That'd be a good x-book.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

You need to not post things that will make me have an orgasm before work. Especially if it's something that's not actually going to happen.

You know I just bought these pants, right?

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    You need to not post things that will make me have an orgasm before work. Especially if it's something that's not actually going to happen.

You know I just bought these pants, right?

-D
    Time for a new pair

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Uatu View Post
    I've never really been that interested in 'The New Mutants' as a team, only individual members of that team. I would like Carey back on a team book, though. What would be nice would, perhaps, be a collection of 'next generation' mutant characters, i.e. a team made up of a mix of New Mutants, Generation X and New X-Men, with maybe a newbie or two thrown in for good measure. That'd be a good x-book.
    I think Young X-Men is the book you're talking about? (minus the Gen X)..
    But yeah.. I kinda like the idea of a book that have a mix of characters from the 3 generations..

Quote Originally Posted by metalgorgomon View Post
    I think Young X-Men is the book you're talking about? (minus the Gen X)..
    But yeah.. I kinda like the idea of a book that have a mix of characters from the 3 generations..
    Yes. I don't understand why Gen X is so overlooked. They were a great team, an interesting group of kids. Well, actually I do understand - it's because the writers currently at Marvel are riding an 80s nostalgia kick, so we get New Mutants at every turn. But half the team weren't mutants or were from alternate realities. Gen X, prior to the M mess, there wasn't one character who was difficult to understand or work out from the get go. I'd love to see Jubilee or Husk join up with the Young X-Men.

doppelpost, sorry
    Last edited by Zombie Uatu; 09-05-2008 at 06:21 AM.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

You know, after the first year of X-Men Legacy that could still be the kind of direction they could take the book down. Xavier as a focal point, still, but leading a team of New Mutants characters, and a few others. It might broaden the title's appeal a little, and turning the second core X-Title into a book which might cater to fans of the ORIGINAL second X-Title might be a nice idea.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

it's because the writers currently at Marvel are riding an 80s nostalgia kick, so we get New Mutants at every turn.
    I wouldn't be quite so quick to complain, since it's that same factor that's going to bring you your Generation X comeback in another 5-10 years. Comics are a serialized, long-running format, and as such, yesterday's readers are today's writers. It's not a coincidence that when Brian Michael Bendis becomes a popular writer, characters he grew up with in the '70s -- Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist -- suddenly come back to prominence. Well, quite a few of today's comic writers grew up in the '80s, so naturally they're going to gravitate toward the teams and characters who were popular in their childhood, like the Teen Titans or the New Mutants. And when that happens, you get stuff like Warlock returning from limbo and Magik and Cypher (probably) resurrected. But hey, that's a cyclical process... a decade from now, if we're not seeing stories teasing the return of Synch or Skin or Mondo, I'll eat my hat.

Now, the New Mutants have the advantage of being the best young mutant team in the X-universe; and I say that having grown up in the '90s with Generation X, but looking at it objectively, the New Mutants was the better book. So they do have that advantage. But that doesn't mean Gen X was bad, and actually I'd argue that they've seen nearly as much of a nostalgic resurgence recently as the Muties, between X-Factor and the New Warriors. We may or may not LIKE the teams that they're on now, but they are on them.

But half the team weren't mutants or were from alternate realities.
    Are you talking about the New Mutants or Generation X? The Muties had zero members from alternate realities and one member who wasn't a mutant. (I guess three if you count Bird-Brain and Gossamyr, but nobody does.) Generation X had one member who was from another dimension/not a mutant. And one who was a plant creation, but there might have been a real guy that he was based on. Possibly. Oh, and a pooka. And, as you mentioned, the M fiasco.

I gotta say, you're not exactly selling the "wasn't one character who was difficult to understand or work out from the get go" angle.

-D
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 09-05-2008 at 06:29 AM.
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Would love to see this book happen, but instead of Ryan Sook i'd prefer Chris Bachalo on art.

BANNED

Yeah I was confused about when you said their were fake mutants/ different realities people on the NM team, but this book sounds good they really need to written by someone who can really tell a good story, The NM actions was great but the storytelling between all the characters was awesome, I would llove for the same guy who did the legion story to come back....or maybe written by grant morrison

Mike Carey should have been the writer of Young X-Men instead of Guggs. Maybe then we'd have a couple extra New X-Men/New Mutants in the book instead of Ink and Greymalkin...

No, I'd rather get Carey & Copiel on Uncanny for the next reset in 2 years.

I'd rather he write other characters. Maybe another New Mutant to join Cannonball, but not the whole team.

As a whole, they were a bit bland imo.