Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: MYSPACING COMICS: Comics More Popular than John McCain?

Fan favorite indie comics artist Siya and best selling novelist Brad Meltzer stop by
    CBR News to say hello while we check out the presidential candidates' MySpace
    profiles, too, and how they rate against comic books.

Full article here.

But Myspace is hardly a good gauge of that. I'm sure most of McCain's supporters won't be on Myspace all day typing to their friends.

Well, who has heard of Siya before this?...certainly not I.

Anyhow, myspace friends are easy to get. All one has to do is but ask. I mean, every day...somebody I never heard of wants to be my myspace friend. I generally turn 'em down.

Who are these people?

I don't really know how effective Myspace is for Promotion really either. I don't think anyone is paying attention to it and everyone is bored to shit by it these days. They will have to become somewhat of a content provider but their content to date isn't that interesting. Then it's just a bunch of people trying to promote things but it's a terrible venue to do that and not that great. It's like a pigeon pushing a million buttons for a seed. The big companies pay people or have programs to help them add folks so they can do it all day.

To some degree it is popularity but on another it's just hiring people and having resources but I think most folks are braindead from Myspace stuff these days and not many are paying attention to it.

Brad Meltzer writes books. Bought his new one - THE BOOK OF LIES today at the Borders. They even put his display right at the front doors. So I'd say he's legit.

I'm guessing Siya is one of those Tila Tequila or Kim Kardashabigbutt people. You know, they're famous for being.....uh....famous. Somehow. So in this case Siya is a fan favorite for being a fan favorite. Duh.

.....I know I have nothing to add about the idea of Myspace & politics. Sorry. But I'm just really proud of some of the alleged humor that you see above in this post.

Man, I hope Myspace is giving CBR a bucketload of money to run these completely worthless articles.