Default The Welcome Thread! So, Welcome!

Welcome to my sweet WHEN WORDS COLLIDE forum!

If you want to talk about my column, tell me how wrong I am about my reviews, or discuss the latest happenings in the world of comics and/or literature, this is the place to do it.

And let's kick things off with some good old intros.

I'm Tim Callahan and I write stuff. Who the heck are you???
    Timothy Callahan
    CBR Staff Writer

Reviews -- My CBR Reviews/Articles
    GeniusboyFiremelon -- My Blog

I'm DaeJi and I am the reason the word "epic" was created.
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

of the CBR Illuminati! Sabrinaset's Avatar

My name is Bree, and because I'm the only one in my group who can string letters together into somewhat legible words and sentences, all the other members of the blonde tribe I belong to have labeled me "gifted"

I never liked English teachers... but since you like comics you're forgiven. :)

Best of luck with the forum.

I don't like English teachers either, which I why I became one. I infiltrated the enemy encampment.
    Timothy Callahan
    CBR Staff Writer

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Welcome, Tim.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

I'm Chris Jones, and I hope to get a comic of my own published one day very soon.

There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Screen name: beetlebum. It comes from a Blur song - and yes, I am a huuuuuge fan of the likely lads from Colchester.

Damon Albarn * loving sigh*

My real first name is Stephanie. As for my last name; only a handful of people online know what it is, and it will remain that way for quite some time.

Occupation: Student; majoring in international studies. I thought I was going to go for a dual major, but I decided to just major in one area, that way I'll have more free time on my hands, and I'll be able to take classes in areas that interest me (examples: philosophy, linguistics.) In at least 15 years time, I hope to work for either an NGO, or the State Department (and hopefully make a comfortable living doing so.)

And saying student is so much nicer than saying unemployed waster (which is what I technically am.....)

I use off board smilies because the on board ones bore me.

Favourite musical acts: Tiziano Ferro, Laura Pausini, Wang Lee Hom (so cute!), Rihanna, Editors, The Libertines, four songs by Babyshambles, a few songs by Lao, Thai, Albanian, and Cambodian hip hop artists, The Jam (and Mod revivalists in general), rock bands that emerged during the mid - Sixties (The Sonics, The Who, etc.) Radiohead, M.I.A, Fabrizio Moro, Ximena Sarinana, Black Kids, Damien Rice, several R'n'B acts, Brit Pop, Dizzy Gillespie, one song by Lil Wayne, and Baby Bash, any song featuring T-Pain (which means every damn song on the radio....:p), Missy Elliot, Timbaland, The Neptunes.

Currently reading: Any title that has the The Huntress - I'm mad fer Helena Bertinelli. Several Batman trades ( re-reading The Long Halloween at the moment.) Also reading; Trinity, Buffy: Season Eight, Angel: After The Fall. I'm trying to get into Ms. Marvel, thought I haven't gotten past issue five of her series.

I'm also reading the works of existential 'continental' philosophers, (mainly Sartre). I plan on re-reading Dostoevsky, and finishing reading both The Penance of Portia James and Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko.

Other things to know about me: I live in Northern California. I type using UK English because I'm an Ango Phile. I try to be as sanguine as possible, though the optimism engages with a dialectic struggle with tendency to be phlegmatic (experiencing pain does tend to make one cynical). I like using big words; I have no patience for emo whiners and the self entitled.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Btw, here's a song to celebrate this occasion:

Are you ready?

I know I am. ;)
    Last edited by beetlebum; 09-03-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

I'm Gene, but CBR registration didn't like my name and made me assume the cognomen Gothos.

Since you say this is the place to tell you you're wrong, I do have a disagreement with a point you made in your opening essay, and blogged on the point. But should we discuss it, I feel it ought to be a separate thread. What do you think?

Gene, start a new thread and let the discussion begin!
    Timothy Callahan
    CBR Staff Writer

Writer

Hi! I'm Matt, and I also write stuff (forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=246520). Currently I reside in the lovely little town of Denver, and enjoy movies, reading, and Chinese food.

I'm still finding my way around here (this place is HUGE), but I hope to read a bunch of your columns soon and put in my two cents.