Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Superman to Return Again, But Eviler

In conversation with the Wall Street Journal, Warner Bros. Pictures Group
    President Jeff Robinov confirmed plans to reintroduce Superman, but with a
    darker tone that future DC-based movies will also pursue.

Full article here.

This nincompoop doesn't even understand Superman or Batman apparently. He wants the next Superman movie to have a "grim" tone like The Dark Knight? Batman is a grim character. Superman is not. He is optimistic. You can't shoehorn Superman into a movie that he doesn't fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Warner Bros. Pictures Group
    President Jeff Robinov .[/I]
    Jeff is a freaking douche bag who lies to the fans as well as the talent. He can kiss my ball sack.

As long as they don't go overboard with darkness, this might not be a bad idea. "For the Man Who Has Everything" is dark in places, and it's probably my favorite Superman story.

Dark and evil as in more dark and evil villains who trouble the world in contrast to Superman. That's fine.

Dark and evil as in Superman himself, um...

I hope the former is what Robinov meant. There is no way they are dumb enough to make the boyscout a brooding vigilante.

Honestly, the headline, "Superman to Return Again, But Eviler," is not only awkward but inaccurate. There is nothing in the story to suggest Superman will be "eviler."

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    As long as they don't go overboard with darkness, this might not be a bad idea. "For the Man Who Has Everything" is dark in places, and it's probably my favorite Superman story.
    See: Superman III

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Dark View Post
    I hope the former is what Robinov meant. There is no way they are dumb enough to make the boyscout a brooding vigilante.
    This IS Warner Bros. we're talking about, here. The upper level suits are barely aware they even own a comics company so of course they're going to go 'Yay, whatever worked for Dark Knight will work for any superhero'. More and more I'm thniking that the Batman reboot is a happy accident that we should be appreciative of while we have it, because there seems to be no active guiding hand to the DC properties like Marvel has.

Though we've heard there is supposed to be one, as Time/Warner finally realized that Marvel's movie success has been through good management and not 'throw something against the wall and see what sticks, then do more and more of what sticks until it doesn't make money any more'. I wonder what the opinion of Those People - whoever they are suppossed to be -- is of this news.

Quote Originally Posted by suttercain View Post
    Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by suttercain View Post
    I'd rather not again.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I'd rather not again.
    I believe I would rather forget that movie ever existed. Well the fight between Superman and Clark was the only decent highlight of that film.

That and the scenes whare Superman visits Smallville.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I hope that when they said "dark" they meant Brainiac/Doomsday/Mongul and Superman beating the cookies out of eachother.

They should also get a tougher looking Superman.

They're probably going to go back to Lex Luthor as the main bad guy again because we obviously haven't seen him more than once as the bad guy.

I hope they don't copy TDK's Joker. I want Doomsday/Brainiac/Mongul. There!

Three bad guys who aren't bald and boring. Put one in each movies and you already have a trilogy.

I still have high hopes for this and hopefully it will have alot more action than Returns did.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

Pretty much what most have posted in this thread said, as long as they dont make Superman OOC and make the villains seem a little more vicious then maybe this Superman movie could actually be pretty good.

I dont think the public actually needs an origin movie type story since Im sure even those who dont read Superman comics know just whare Superman came from.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

A Superman film needs to be closer to Iron Man than The Dark Knight- bright, shiny and fun.

Maybe they're going back to the social crusader Superman of the late '30s who beats up slumlords and stuff.