Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Legion of Super-Heroes 50th Anniversary

Prolific Legion creators Paul Levitz, Keith Giffen, Mike Grell, Geoff Johns, Colleen
    Doran, and Tom and Mary Beirbaum met with fans at Comic-Con International to
    discuss the history of DC's teenagers from the future.

Full article here.

I think I'm the first post! :-) 1st time! :-)

Ok did anyone else catch the quote:

"What are you going to do about the loose ends left after the reboot, specifically with XS?"

Does that mean it's official and Legion will reboot?? If so then I can finally start from the beginning!! I've been wanting to collect Legion since Lightning Saga but when I went over to their monthly book it was VERY different and not really my taste. So, I've been patiently waiting for a new start with the characters from Lightning Saga.

Hopefully now I'll get it!

Quote Originally Posted by summers88 View Post
    I think I'm the first post! :-) 1st time! :-)

Ok did anyone else catch the quote:

"What are you going to do about the loose ends left after the reboot, specifically with XS?"

Does that mean it's official and Legion will reboot?? If so then I can finally start from the beginning!! I've been wanting to collect Legion since Lightning Saga but when I went over to their monthly book it was VERY different and not really my taste. So, I've been patiently waiting for a new start with the characters from Lightning Saga.

Hopefully now I'll get it!
    No, the question was in reference to a previous reboot.

It's anybody's guess as to what DC has in mind for the Legion over the next year or so, but I certainly hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to do another reboot. Although you may get your wish for a series about the new/old Legion.
    matthewe.com: updates on the superhero novel-in-progress Ded & Sac, the Superhero of the Day, and more.

This took two weeks to write up?

I feel so selfish. I want the classic Legion back, but with newer characters like XS, and Kid Quantum too. I like the current Star Boy's look, I prefer the bloodthirsty Atom Girl to Shrinking Violet, and I laugh whenever Colossal Boy corrects people and refers to himself as Micro Lad.

If the Legion contains the best of all versions after THREE WORLDS, I will be a very happy camper.

And if it doesn't, hell, I'll still buy it.

I like that attitude! I agree, I really do like XS. I'm not too familiar with the rest though and I wouldn't even know who XS was if it wasn't for the Flash books. But I like her!

Ideal situation: A 31st-century All-Star Squadron, using all the "classic" Legionnaires and bringing in the newer and castoff members too: Dragonmage, XS, Catspaw, Shikari, Gates, Kinetix, etc.

I was introduced to the Legion through Superboy. Superboy would occasionally show up on the Saturday morning adventures of Superman in the late 1960s.

I had no idea who or what a Legion was, but as luck would have it the first story I saw was the first Cockrum story. I loved his sci-fi settings, and Bate's stories from Cockrum's run were pretty good also -- probably aimed at an audience about my age.

Those issues will always be my favorite, and Superboy 202 (featuring two Cockrum stories, Legionnaire designs and a couple of good LSH reprints) is my second-favorite comic of all time. Uncanny X-Men 100 (also illustrated by Dave Cockrum) is my favorite.

I collected most of the Grell issues and a few issues after his run, but by then I had pretty much become a Marvel Zombie.

I may never have sampled Legion again if not for the Wolfman/Perez run on Titan. That drew me back to DC from it's first issue -- and a few months later I picked up the ending of the Great Darkness Saga -- and got sucked back into the madness.

The reboots have been most disappointing, though I think the creators did their best. I really would like to see the latter stuff discarded and just start telling stories again from way back when the first Crisis ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    I feel so selfish. I want the classic Legion back, but with newer characters like XS, and Kid Quantum too. I like the current Star Boy's look, I prefer the bloodthirsty Atom Girl to Shrinking Violet, and I laugh whenever Colossal Boy corrects people and refers to himself as Micro Lad.

If the Legion contains the best of all versions after THREE WORLDS, I will be a very happy camper.
    That's why after THREE WORLDS, I'd like to see the Legion de-aged to the point and time following Crisis -- and live those years over. That would also leave room for introductions of characters like XS and Kinetix.

I never thought the Legion had to remain static, but I also never thought the reboots were well-advised fixes.

What I'd like to see post-"3 Worlds" is pretty much the Legion as Johns has shown us so far, bringing in characters like XS, Kinetix, Gates, Kid Quantum II (along with the back history of her brother being a "lost" Legionnaire), and maybe Thena from the W/K Legion as well as some of the new characters that Shooter is bringing in. I've no interest in De-Aging the Legion. It hasn't worked in 2 re-boots, I don't see a reason to try it a third. The years lost can be time mined for future stories/flashbacks.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Default Great to hear from the Bierbaums again as well as the

rest of some of the best of Legion of Super Creators !

I always enjoyed the LSH but really got to love them with Levitz second run on the series and it really picked up steam with Giffen, although I really liked Pat Broderick's version just beforehand.

Ever since then I've loved the LSH even more with time. I couldn't believe the reboot but rode it out and liked it and was even more astonished with the ThreeBoot though the works on their own merit were still enjoyable. I don't think the Bierbaums , the reboot or the DnA versions get enough credit. Hopefully the next LSH will be a merging of the three different versions with the DCU correcting itself as an entire entity post-Final Crisis and we can kind of start anew.

I miss Dave Cockrum.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Classic Legion Fanatic Chemical King's Avatar

Wink

As long as they are returning the classic Legion along with their history and the rest of Legion Lore, they can always add new characters who joined during the long, long break since Crisis on Infinite Earth hit first...

That way, even my most-hated characters like XS and Kinetix would suddenly be totally welcome - think I mostly hated them because they symbolize the Reboot Legion which wiped away the classic continuity.