Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Archie Comics' Michael I. Silberkleit Passes Away

CBR News has learned that Archie Comic Publications chairman, Michael
    Silberkleit, has passed away at the age of 76 after a brief battle with cancer.

Full article here.

Dang, My consoldences to his family and friends.

Default Thanx for the fun

My condolences to his family and the town of Riverdale, thanx for the good times

My condolences to his family and friends.

And thank you for the fun you've given not only me and my brother and sister but now my neices and nephew as well.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

30 views and 3 responses?
    that's not right.

i used to read archie comics from the library when i was 8, and i'd buy tmnt adventures.
    good stuff (more the tmnt than actual jughead, etc. comics).
    r.i.p.

Default Never really read more than a couple of Archie's

but I respect the niche they've carved out for themselves. Successfully changing enough with the times to not be stagnant and to have prospered not only with the Archie characters in print, but the Sabrina the Teen-Age Witch sit-com, Josie and the Pussycats cartoon, etc.

It's not what I gear to, but I understand the niche they're marketing to as well as the older relatives that want clean non-violent wholesome entertainment for them.

One thing I've long admired about Archie is their successful continuation of the digest format. Too bad DC didn't continue with it. They were also smart mostly circumventing the direct market and getting most of their distribution through the newsstands.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Godspeed Mr Silberkleit

BANNED

I'm more a fan of Archie's action/adventure titles like TMNT and Sonic The Hedgehog than the largely "anchored" and none-progressive Archie and Sabrina titles, but it's a testiment to the perseverance of old-school mentality behind the wheel that keeps that company vibrant

You don't get a whole darn lot of people like Micheal these days, the industry is all the lonlier and a little more backwards for it. R.I.P.