Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87
  1. #16
    NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londinium, Britannia
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedhawke View Post
    well tried again . answering machine was on. hoping for resolution soon

    Well, keep us posted on any further developements and in the meantime, be sure to spread the word far and wide about what bad service you've had from them.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

  2. #17
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hadrathus View Post
    I just wanted to share my experience with you...

    To make a very long story short, on October 15, 2008, I placed an order for $171.53 (supplies) with Comic Supply. Some of my stuff was on backorder, and I knew I had to wait a few weeks before the order was shipped. On November 24, I sent them an email to inquire as to the status of my order. No reply. On Dec 06, second email. This time I get an answer; it's gonna be real soon. Cool. It better be, because after 60 days, when you have paid via Paypal, Paypal won't reimburse you in case of problem. But problem there was, because on January 14, 2009, I had to write again, as my order was still pending. No reply. January 30. I am really p*ssed off. And on Feb 02, I inform them that I am going to make my story public.
    Magic! I get an email in less than 12 hours! Apologies, because it's just one item that's missing from my order. Would I be willing to wait just one more week for it to arrive? I give it a try. One week later, the item had been shipped to them, so I was told they would get it in a few days and then they would ship to me... In the meantime, very friendly back-znd-forth emails (will send me an extra-large Mylar I needed, what's this thing when you ship UPS, etc...) but:
    Another period of silence, then another reply from Russ (the owner, I think). My order is ready!!!!
    Oh, joy and ecstasy.... or almost:
    They have a problem with their printer! They can't print my order, and so they can't send it to me before a few days... One of the lamest excuses I have ever seen. This was late March. Since then, I sent them several emails, but never got any reply.

    It's been six months since I placed my order, and I have lost $171.53. There's nothing I can do about it (I live overseas) except alert people to the shady business ethics of Comic Supply. The only thing I can do is warn you: if you were thinking ordering from them, think again. Do not hesitate to share the story with your friends.
    I think the easiest thing would be to call Rusty and just be an asshole now. Its been nearly a year since you ordered books from him. No more bullshit excuses. Tell him your gonna contact the local authorities in the state over him.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  3. #18
    NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londinium, Britannia
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think the easiest thing would be to call Rusty and just be an asshole now. Its been nearly a year since you ordered books from him. No more bullshit excuses. Tell him your gonna contact the local authorities in the state over him.

    This isn't actually bad advice. At the very least it may put the shits up him and push him to resolve the matter...hopefully with a full refund.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

  4. #19
    New Member neanderthalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default In the same boat.

    I know exactly what you are going through. I live in Hawaii and moved from urban Honolulu to rural Maui. I needed an online comic shop and started with TFAW and thinking it maybe cheaper switched to Comicsupply.com. I ordered my stuff in Sept, I expected to get my first order in December. First excuse I got was that the shipping person had pneumonia, then instead of catching up, they went on vacation for the holidays. Did not hear from them till after New Years. I got more excuses. When they finally shipped my order is was over 6 weeks late. It was sent media mail that takes over a month to Hawaii. I had two successive orders that have not shipped since. My October order still has not shipped (Now May). I have all sort of excuses like that because I stopped ordering they were going to combine my two orders and ship them out in early March (still months late). I have asked them several times to refund my money and they promise me shipments but they told me my comics were on back order. Interesting because when I moved back to Honolulu, I went to the local comic shop and got all my comics on order and received them in 10 days! They have ignored me for weeks at a time to reply. I tried the Paypal route too, but of course their system of pre-order makes claim refunds invalid. Their latest claim is that they policy is no refunds and that my comics will be shipping in a few days (heard that several times). Now if they ever ship it, I will have doubles of everything.

  5. #20
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthalis View Post
    I know exactly what you are going through. I live in Hawaii and moved from urban Honolulu to rural Maui. I needed an online comic shop and started with TFAW and thinking it maybe cheaper switched to Comicsupply.com. I ordered my stuff in Sept, I expected to get my first order in December. First excuse I got was that the shipping person had pneumonia, then instead of catching up, they went on vacation for the holidays. Did not hear from them till after New Years. I got more excuses. When they finally shipped my order is was over 6 weeks late. It was sent media mail that takes over a month to Hawaii. I had two successive orders that have not shipped since. My October order still has not shipped (Now May). I have all sort of excuses like that because I stopped ordering they were going to combine my two orders and ship them out in early March (still months late). I have asked them several times to refund my money and they promise me shipments but they told me my comics were on back order. Interesting because when I moved back to Honolulu, I went to the local comic shop and got all my comics on order and received them in 10 days! They have ignored me for weeks at a time to reply. I tried the Paypal route too, but of course their system of pre-order makes claim refunds invalid. Their latest claim is that they policy is no refunds and that my comics will be shipping in a few days (heard that several times). Now if they ever ship it, I will have doubles of everything.
    My solution for you....and everyone who has had dealings with Comic Supply is to send Rich Johnston your stories. The best possible solution is for Johnston to bring to light the horrible business dealings of Comic Supply in his column. The exposure of it could put pressure on the owner. Because...well bad press is ...bad press.

    (You can start a thread on Lying in the Gutters Forum too...so Rich notices it)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  6. #21
    iFo 4 LIFE! THEDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NOT in the Olney-verse
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    If you used a credit card to make payment try contacting your card company as you do have rights. Though that first complaint was over a year old as long as you were trying to work with merchant you can still try to dispute it, now as it is Paypal, I'm don't remember how that is handled but would still write your credit card company. You might want top talk to Paypal and tell them the situation, I am sure they don't want questionable dealer being linked to them.
    DOC Boucher
    www.inter-fan.org
    http://www.inter-fan.org/InterFanJam...fanJam2009.htm

    Can you smell what Barack is cookin'?

    "In MY universe...EVERYONE wins!"

    "History holds tightly to her truths."

    PAY TIM HIS MONEY, RICK!
    My favorite asinine quote by RO
    "I put words on paper and in places where the reader can feel comfortable on the plus or negative side."

  7. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default I've also been taken by Comic Supply.....

    I'm glad I found this forum. I did a Google search on Russell Altomare and it led me here.

    I've been trying to get comics/refund since February. This was my first order with the company. All of my emails and messages left for Russell were cordial and non-threatening.

    After getting the runaround and no response to emails and calls, I filed a complaint with the Eastern Michigan Better Business Bureau on June 17.

    Here's what I wrote to them:

    Hello:

    I ordered five comics from this company on 2/23/09. With shipping, the cost was $73.33. It was Order #*****. I paid for them with PayPal. On 3/23, I was told that some of the issues weren't available. The contact was Russell Altomare. I said that I'd just purchase what was available. When I never got the comics, I wrote to them on 5/11 saying that I was tired of waiting for the comics & I'd just take a full refund. No response. I called them a few days later & spoke to Russell & asked for a refund. He said no problem & they'll have a check mailed to me. On 6/4, I wrote to them again asking where my refund was. I still haven't heard back from them. I've tried calling, but only get an answering machine. I've left messages, but still no response. I tried one more attempt at emailing them this morning, with no success in a response. Since the 45 day limit has passed to get a PayPal refund, going to the BBB seems to be my only choice to get my money back.

    Thanks for your help on this matter!!!


    I got a response from the BBB this morning saying that Comic Supply never responded to the complaint and the complaint is now closed....although they will now have a "black mark" against them.

    I don't know really know what to do next, short of filing a complaint with the Michigan Attoney General's office. But for only $73.33 and me being out of state, will they really care?

    I guess that I could do a search for Russell's home phone number on www.Zabasearch.com , but it sounds like that might just piss him off and I'd lose any chance of getting my money back!

    Oh yeah, on my account at Commic Supply, it still shows "still pending" for this order.
    Last edited by musicguy64; 07-03-2009 at 08:54 AM.

  8. #23
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy64 View Post
    I'm glad I found this forum. I did a Google search on Russell Altomare and it led me here.

    I've been trying to get comics/refund since February. This was my first order with the company. All of my emails and messages left for Russell were cordial and non-threatening.

    After getting the runaround and no response to emails and calls, I filed a complaint with the Eastern Michigan Better Business Bureau on June 17.

    Here's what I wrote to them:

    Hello:

    I ordered five comics from this company on 2/23/09. With shipping, the cost was $73.33. It was Order #*****. I paid for them with PayPal. On 3/23, I was told that some of the issues weren't available. The contact was Russell Altomare. I said that I'd just purchase what was available. When I never got the comics, I wrote to them on 5/11 saying that I was tired of waiting for the comics & I'd just take a full refund. No response. I called them a few days later & spoke to Russell & asked for a refund. He said no problem & they'll have a check mailed to me. On 6/4, I wrote to them again asking where my refund was. I still haven't heard back from them. I've tried calling, but only get an answering machine. I've left messages, but still no response. I tried one more attempt at emailing them this morning, with no success in a response. Since the 45 day limit has passed to get a PayPal refund, going to the BBB seems to be my only choice to get my money back.

    Thanks for your help on this matter!!!


    I got a response from the BBB this morning saying that Comic Supply never responded to the complaint and the complaint is now closed....although they will now have a "black mark" against them.

    I don't know really know what to do next, short of filing a complaint with the Michigan Attoney General's office. But for only $73.33 and me being out of state, will they really care?

    I guess that I could do a search for Russell's home phone number on www.Zabasearch.com , but it sounds like that might just piss him off and I'd lose any chance of getting my money back!

    Oh yeah, on my account at Commic Supply, it still shows "still pending" for this order.
    My words of advice.... contact Rich Johnston at Bleedingcool.com since he loves exposing shady businesses involving comics. You may have to start getting very vocal and if a lot contact Rich for what Comicsupply is doing , odds are it can help. Because ya wanna stop these people from stealing anymore than they already have.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  9. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    ComicSupply has recently been posting on the cgc boards, trying to restart selling there:

    http://boards.collectors-society.com...3&#Post3417343

    Anyone that's been ripped off by him can try posting there to see if that produces results.

  10. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does anyone have contact information for CoimcSupply beyond a phone number? Like an address or something?

  11. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I wish I had found this thread 4 months ago. $140 worth of mylites and backers, $5 in comics, it took several emails and 3 months for the first response which was the assurance that they would be sent out that week. One month later, absolutely nothing has been sent, no further responses. Not looking so good.

    Does anyone have contact information for CoimcSupply beyond a phone number? Like an address or something?
    Looking up the paypal company I paid to, I got the following info:

    Aso Enterprises LLC
    26395 Northline Commerce Drive
    Taylor, MI 48180-7947
    (734) 947-9486 or (734)947-9485 (different sites list different ph #'s ?)

    you can also find the whois info here:

    http://whois.domaintools.com/comicsupply.com

    best of luck, if i don't have any luck soon i might be taking a short trip over to Taylor, MI.

  12. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Aaaand, just couple of resources for those who have not been able to get anything from Russell:

    Better Business Bureau:
    http://detroit.bbb.org/

    Internet Crime Complaint Center:
    http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

    FTC Complaint:
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

  13. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm pretty much on the warpath now, in case you couldn't tell.

  14. #29
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaFon View Post
    I'm pretty much on the warpath now, in case you couldn't tell.
    I don't blame you. He's just a lousy business man it seems and the complaints for 2 years in this thread seem to show it. Good luck getting him to deliver or refund the money.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  15. #30
    NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londinium, Britannia
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaFon View Post
    I'm pretty much on the warpath now, in case you couldn't tell.

    Good for you! There's absolutely no reason why this guy should get away with having such a crappy business model.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •