Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Venoms babies?

  1. #1
    Junior Member siberia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default Venoms babies?

    I missed the explanation for this back in the day, but where did Carnage and the other symbiotes come from? Is Venom asexual? Did he have children as such?


    On a side note, where did all the symbiotes go ??

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Venom just kinda... spawned Carnage, the same way Carnage just spawned Toxin.

    There's a whole planet of symbiotes. Everything here.

  3. #3
    Doom Commands You Tobias Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Venom is a very irresponsible father. Someone needs to call Child Services.

  4. #4
    Junior Member siberia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnShil View Post

    There's a whole planet of symbiotes. Everything here.
    Right there is a prime example of everything thats wrong about comics. Eek. Sorry I asked.

  5. #5
    Junior Member TheBoTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    186

    Default

    During the first issue of annihilation: Conquest when the black phalanx wave was making the spire the first thought i had was that it was the symbiote planet taking over. Which i thought was a cool idea since they really havent been touched upon. It more or less would have been the same idea. Them taking over cultures and technologies.

  6. #6
    The Human Rocket Asian_Invasion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Deep Recesses of Space
    Posts
    518

    Default

    They need to show more of Toxin. I liked his miniseries.

  7. #7
    Doom Commands You Tobias Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asian_Invasion View Post
    They need to show more of Toxin. I liked his miniseries.
    They need to show less of Toxin. He's a Mary Sue.

  8. #8
    Capt'n Tightpants rwe1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Posts
    2,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Drake View Post
    They need to show less of Toxin.
    I don't think that's possible.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwe1138 View Post
    I don't think that's possible.
    They could have NOT showed him on the Initiative poster. I know they didn't mention him at all in the issue anywhere, but atleast he was on the cover...

    On a related note, I like Toxin, but I wish Hybrid was still around as the good symbiote, then we wouldn't need Toxin in the first place.

  10. #10
    Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lower Belabartòkovitch
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Drake View Post
    They need to show less of Toxin. He's a Mary Sue.
    I don't like Toxin either, but what's "Mary Sue" about him, exactly?


    SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

  11. #11
    Doom Commands You Tobias Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    I don't like Toxin either, but what's "Mary Sue" about him, exactly?


    SEAN
    He was born in a moment of horrendous out of character behaviour (the only reason he lived more than ten seconds is because Carnage decided he was too tired to kill a man when he had his tendrils wrapped around him). Then he grew up very quickly to simultaneously defeat Venom and Carnage and earn Spider-man's respect and adoration in his very first arc, all while Venom ranted about how awesome and super-cool he was going to become.

    I read his first mini, in which he was first born. I never read his next mini because I was thoroughly disgusted with the concept of the character. I've been wanting a protagonistic symbiote for a long time, but not like this.

    He has

    a) an unnecessary and completely out-of-the-blue familial connection to a pre-established character (the son of Carnage, who at no point demonstrated any signs of a spawning coming up until Toxin's arc)
    b) spontaneously and for no real reason obtains the adoration and respect of pre-established protagonist figures almost immediately after coming into the picture (Spider-Man, by the end of his first arc)
    c) demonstrates completely unprecedented combat skills that allow him to easily thwart antagonist figures that give other protagonists a great deal of trouble (simultaneously defeats Venom and Carnage, easily)

    These are all major characteristics of a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by Tobias Drake; 08-06-2008 at 08:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Drake View Post
    a) an unnecessary and completely out-of-the-blue familial connection to a pre-established character (the son of Carnage, who at no point demonstrated any signs of a spawning coming up until Toxin's arc)
    b) spontaneously and for no real reason obtains the adoration and respect of pre-established protagonist figures almost immediately after coming into the picture (Spider-Man, by the end of his first arc)
    c) demonstrates completely unprecedented combat skills that allow him to easily thwart antagonist figures that give other protagonists a great deal of trouble (simultaneously defeats Venom and Carnage, easily)

    These are all major characteristics of a Mary Sue.

    Wow.... that sounds..... a LOT like Carnages origin.....
    I wouldn't call it Blackmail. I prefer Extortion! The "X" makes it sound Exciting!

    I'm drowning and Monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils! - Dilbert

  13. #13
    Senior Member Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Drake View Post
    Venom is a very irresponsible father. Someone needs to call Child Services.
    I'll call Child Line.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

  14. #14
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Drake View Post
    He was born in a moment of horrendous out of character behaviour (the only reason he lived more than ten seconds is because Carnage decided he was too tired to kill a man when he had his tendrils wrapped around him). Then he grew up very quickly to simultaneously defeat Venom and Carnage and earn Spider-man's respect and adoration in his very first arc, all while Venom ranted about how awesome and super-cool he was going to become.

    I read his first mini, in which he was first born. I never read his next mini because I was thoroughly disgusted with the concept of the character. I've been wanting a protagonistic symbiote for a long time, but not like this.

    He has

    a) an unnecessary and completely out-of-the-blue familial connection to a pre-established character (the son of Carnage, who at no point demonstrated any signs of a spawning coming up until Toxin's arc)
    b) spontaneously and for no real reason obtains the adoration and respect of pre-established protagonist figures almost immediately after coming into the picture (Spider-Man, by the end of his first arc)
    c) demonstrates completely unprecedented combat skills that allow him to easily thwart antagonist figures that give other protagonists a great deal of trouble (simultaneously defeats Venom and Carnage, easily)

    These are all major characteristics of a Mary Sue.

    not that i disagree.... but doesnt Carnage fit that?

    A) Son of Venom
    B) Not respect but fear
    C) See Maximum Carnage


    also likewise did Venom ever show signs of reproducing?

  15. #15
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siberia77 View Post
    I missed the explanation for this back in the day, but where did Carnage and the other symbiotes come from? Is Venom asexual? Did he have children as such?


    On a side note, where did all the symbiotes go ??
    Venom lethal protector showed that venom would have 6 more "children" eggs taken from him....

    Scream, the female symbiot killed all but herself. But reading that link she only killed one of the symbiotes... ill have to go back and check

    Carnage would spawn Toxin.... Then Sentry later kills Carnage before he can spawn more.

    Toxin has disappeared after his mini. No clue if he's still around. Basically the symbiot wants to kill and Toxin is a cop so he doesnt want to..... They were constantly battling each others nature. Lame character.... but the first arc that saw him being born was well drawn.
    Last edited by ShaggyB; 08-10-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •