Thread: Cci: 24

Default Cci: 24

After 14 months, "24" is coming back with a vengeance, and so is Tony Almeida (again)! Stars Kiefer Sutherland and Carlos Bernard joined the show's writers and producers to meet with fans at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17570
    Last edited by Justin D.; 08-04-2008 at 12:02 PM.

That's that first I"ve heard of Brannon Braga joining the writing staff. That makes me worry, he and Rick Berman were the guys who all but ruined the Star Trek franchise.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That's that first I"ve heard of Brannon Braga joining the writing staff. That makes me worry, he and Rick Berman were the guys who all but ruined the Star Trek franchise.
    On the flip side, after Manny Coto made the vastly-improved fourth season of Enterprise (the season that, really, should have been the show from the start) Manny Coto helped make one of the best seasons of 24 as well.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    They also wrote some of the best Star Trek ever.

The claim was never that they were not quality writers. It was that they burned out on Star Trek but kept going even after that burn-out impacted their writing for Star Trek.

I am not at all concerned by Braga writing for 24. He's a very good writer, working on something entirely new for him. I think we can look forward to years of solidly good stories from him, before any worry of him burning out on 24 would be valid.

Besides, he's not writing solo. It's a pretty good team they have assembled there, for a show that apparently has a very demanding schedule. Having another veteran writer like Braga seems like a good idea to me.

Green Lanter Sector 0616 Raker616's Avatar

I'm so glad that Tony is coming back, after a horrible 6'th season this is the only thing that could bring me back as a fan to 24.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".