Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile SDCC '08 - Marvel's Ultimate Universe Panel

Here are a few links from various websites with regards to Marvel's Ultimate Universe panel;

http://comics.ign.com/articles/894/894030p1.html

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...6/ultimate.htm

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17446

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0807...-ultimate.html

Highlights

1) Mark Millar is comig back to the Ultimate Universe

2) Joe Pokaski will be writing the "last few issues" of "Ultimate Fantastic Four"

3) Frank Cho would be working with Loeb on some version of the Ultimates in the future

4) Ultimate Ghost Rider is in the works?

5) Damon Lindelof (Lost) turned in the final script of Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk

6) Coleite's run will on Ultimate X-men will last up to issue #100

7) Ultimatum will start in November

Comments
    - I thought this panel was rather interesting compared to other marvel panels (X-men and Secret Invasion barely had anything interesting).
    - I believe we can finally confirm that Ultimate fantastic four is the series that will be cancelled.
    - Mark Millar returning to the Ultimate Universe is nothing short of brilliant. i hope he gets to stay this time
    - Loeb should leave imo after he's done with ultimatum
    - The most FAQ in comic book conventions (When will Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk be released) is finally answered...lol
    - Wonder who takes over Ultimate X-men when Coleite is done?

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CCI: The Ultimate Universe Must DIe!

Marvel's "The Ultimate Universe Must DIe" panel was moderated by EiC Joe
    Quesada and featured a trailer for "The Stand" (not an Ultimate title), gave away
    Stark Tech, teased an Ultimate She-Hulk and more.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17446

This was rather enjoyable, shed a lot of light, and considering the title gives us a lot of future for the UU.

oh no, Frank Cho's incredible artwork will be wasted on another terrible Loeb Ultimates series

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

Question

...with it being said that Pokaski will be writing the "last few issues" of UFF...is it safe to assume UFF gets the axe and.... does this mean that Ult X-men will be around after Ultimatum?

My hope for the Ultimate line is this:

Ultimate Spider-Man - Bendis
    Ultimate X-Men (or start fresh with Ultimate New Mutants) - Millar
    Ultimates (or start fresh with Ultimate Defenders) - Someone other than Loeb

I haven't been reading any other Ultimate books aside from USM for awhile now, but bringing Millar to X-Men would definitely reinvigorate the interest I had in that book, which was thoroughly killed off mid-way through Kirkman's run. I gave Loeb's Ultimates a few issues but was far from impressed, so I'd like to see somebody else on that series too.
    Last edited by Armless Penguin; 07-27-2008 at 02:25 AM.
    Praise be to Nero's Neptune,
    The Titanic sails at dawn,
    And everybody's shouting,
    "Which Side Are You On?"

And Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot,
    Fighting in the captain's tower,
    While calypso singers laugh at them,
    And fishermen hold flowers.
    Between the windows of the sea,
    Where lovely mermaids flow,
    And nobody has to think too much,
    About Desolation Row.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - I wonder how that will end? I'm sure Bendis said Johnny will be in USM more, so they can't lose their powers... I don't want Reed or Sue to die as I'd love to see Franklin and Valeria one day. Maybe Ben dies, or Doctor Storm due to a Fantastic Four related incident so they break the group?
    Ultimate X-Men - I want it to stay X-Men, I don't want the title to be changed, but with so many mutants now (and two schools) maybe split it into two books, one main line (Ultimate X-Men) which would be ongoing, then another (Ultimate Mutants) which be be series based like the ultimates that would deal with the rest of the mutants floating around? Or an X-force type group (shadow X-men) instead of Ultimate Mutants which would also be series based, and dealing with the bigger threats, Mark Millar would be great on that.
    Ultimate Spider-Man - Don't change anything please =)
    Ultimates - I haven't read 3 yet so I can't comment much, but as long as they go back to 1 and 2 I will be happen.

I think there is a possibility of new titles, Ultimate Captain America, Ultimate Mutants (or Ultimate New Mutants but I think that doesn't sound too great), Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Defenders....

oh no, Frank Cho's incredible artwork will be wasted on another terrible Loeb Ultimates series
    Yup, just like McGuinness, Cooke & Sale. Don't these guys realize they can work with a better writer?

Well, this is all pretty good news and suggests a sweet, healthy future for my still-favorite universe after all this Ultimatum business. Only downsides are the death of UFF and Loeb continuing with the Ultimates in some capacity.

In my opinion they should have someone totally new take over UXM after issue 100 and totally shake things up. I just want a streamlined team of maybe six X Men and a real focus on character development and great storytelling.
    Give Millar an Ultimate Cap ongoing or something, or let him go completely mental with something totally new.

Good news about Wolverine vs Hulk too.

Things are on the up and up!

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

Thumbs up

Ramirez IV I concur completely... I too would like a small, effective group of X-men as well. I've never liked it when the roster was going over 8 members; it just got to be too much. 6 to 8 is a nice even number. They should stick with that.

The insane Loeb hate needs to stop. For the most part, he writes entertaining stuff.

First two issues of U3 was very fun. I agree that the next couple ones were weak.

But Hulk is fun and Fallen Son was great.

"1) Mark Millar is comig back to the Ultimate Universe - YAY! Bring him back on X-Men.

2) Joe Pokaski will be writing the "last few issues" of "Ultimate Fantastic Four" - Don't care.

3) Frank Cho would be working with Loeb on some version of the Ultimates in the future - NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

4) Ultimate Ghost Rider is in the works? - Uhhh... I don't know about this one. I think GR is too "magical" for Ultimate Universe, but I'm willing to give it a shot if Loeb is not in charge of his introduction.

5) Damon Lindelof (Lost) turned in the final script of Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk - Didn't care. Don't care. Will not care.

6) Coleite's run will on Ultimate X-men will last up to issue #100 - I'm fine with this. His current run is full of continuity errors, but I think he has a pretty good handle on most of the X-Men members.

7) Ultimatum will start in November - Whatever.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comics.43...imate_Universe

here an article i found at marvel.com about millers return to the ultimate universe

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    The insane Loeb hate needs to stop. For the most part, he writes entertaining stuff.

First two issues of U3 was very fun. I agree that the next couple ones were weak.

But Hulk is fun and Fallen Son was great.
    We dont hate him ! we un-like him very very much.