Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman: The Brave and the Bold

One of my friends online told me about this so i thought i would share it.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    Announced in early 2008, an animated series based on the comic book series will be made as the next DC Animated cartoon. [2] As the title suggests, the series will feature Batman teaming-up with various characters of the DC Universe, much like the first volume of the ongoing series. Known characters to have been revealed so far are Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, and Aquaman. The series was set to start airing in Fall 2008, but was pushed back to March 2009 instead. [3]

UPDATE: The Batman-Season Five was released on DVD July 8, 2008. This season contains the Brave and the Bold storyline.

Cool trailer. Who was the woman in Green? Was that Fire? I hope DC/Cartoon Network doesn't shy away from using female heroes as guests. There is a large pool to draw from and it really sends the wrong message for them not to use them.

MZ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    Cool trailer. Who was the woman in Green? Was that Fire? I hope DC/Cartoon Network doesn't shy away from using female heroes as guests. There is a large pool to draw from and it really sends the wrong message for them not to use them.

MZ
    Where did you see the trailer? and i agree it would be nice to see some female super heros but the way Batman has traditionally acted/portrayed i wouldn't hold out on anything too extreme.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CCI: "Batman: The Brave and The Bold" Trailer

Warner Bros. Animation has released a brand new trailer for their upcoming "Batman: The Brave and The Bold" cartoon. Check back with CBR later today for our complete report from the B:TB&TB panel!

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17403

That looked very intriguing. This series could end up being a lot of fun...

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

Was that Kevin Conroy voicing Batman again?

Also, kind of weird seeing Green Arrow back in his Silver Age outfit but with modern era Blue Beetle. Still, if nothing else... PLASTIC MAN! Hope they do Plas justice. As far as villains go... Kite Man?! Are they SERIOUS?! But Gentleman Ghost? How cool is that?
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Elder Member

Looks like fun. I dig the Silver Age animation style and character designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    Was that Kevin Conroy voicing Batman again?
    I've read somewhere that it's actually Diedrich Bader. Although it doesn't seem to appear on imdb. Sounds like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama
    Looks like fun. I dig the Silver Age animation style and character designs.
    Same here.

Deranged Voice of Reason Stretch Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxofSteel View Post
    I've read somewhere that it's actually Diedrich Bader. Although it doesn't seem to appear on imdb. Sounds like him though.
    Yeah, it's Bader. I've seen a few casting announcements on Comics Continuum, including Tom Kenny as Plastic Man and John DiMaggio as Aquaman.

Booster and Skeets are gonna have the same VAs they had in JLU, which makes me happy inside.
    The normal make a living. The deranged make history.

Fear my tubular awesomeness.

"If I had a reason for everything I did, I'd be crazy." - Fighter

Officially Badass; Inkblot of the Omega Rumblers; Mad Lunar Knight of SoapOperus; Wielder of Stuff; Deviant Artist

Won the Internet 3/26/06, 4/5/06

BANNED

Yeah i'm not sure about this whole mix and match thing going on.
    Animation doesn't look bad at all tho.

I just really don't wanna see campy Batman when the most serious movie is in theatres (tho it looks like this show wont be on till next year?)

Deranged Voice of Reason Stretch Dude's Avatar

Speaking of the Continuum, here's their breakdown of the show's Comic Con panel.

* Voice talent will include James Arnold Taylor as Green Arrow and Tom Kenny as Plastic Man.

* Will Friedle, the voice of Batman in Batman Beyond, provides the voice of Blue Beelte. "He's brilliant," Romano said.

* Fire will be in the show, and Tucker indicated there will be other females.

* Tucker said he is a big Justice Sociey fan and "they exist in this world."

* Black Canary will be appearing in the show, but Tucker wouldn't elaborate on what her relationship with Green Arrow will be.
    The normal make a living. The deranged make history.

Fear my tubular awesomeness.

"If I had a reason for everything I did, I'd be crazy." - Fighter

Officially Badass; Inkblot of the Omega Rumblers; Mad Lunar Knight of SoapOperus; Wielder of Stuff; Deviant Artist

Won the Internet 3/26/06, 4/5/06

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    I just really don't wanna see campy Batman when the most serious movie is in theatres
    It's a good Batman show for the kids because Dark Knight certainly isn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    It's a good Batman show for the kids because Dark Knight certainly isn't.
    This is true but we did have a good Batman cartoon show for kids that wasn't campy and they cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    This is true but we did have a good Batman cartoon show for kids that wasn't campy and they cancelled it.
    Wait... "The Batman" wasn't campy???

BANNED

I loved that preview....the love letters to so many great Silver Age talents in there, and it's in that tounge-in-cheek/serious homage style. It could be "The Tick" with a straight-man protaganist, but it'll be the vintage and modern DC humour shining through very strongly

Nobody else can voice teen clutz hero the way Fredle does....I think Blue Beetle may even be played up as the most recurring partner Bruce has on the series since he's the most recent Beetle and the new kid on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Wait... "The Batman" wasn't campy???
    The Batman had several dark moments, mainly all in the fourth season (thanks to the DCAU team working on it), but even prior to that season, some good stuff managed to creep in.
    Last edited by ZT4; 07-25-2008 at 01:57 PM.