Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hey, Guy Davis Fans...

...you might be interested in knowing that The Marquis, Guy's incredible creator-owned book, is coming to Dark Horse!

In September 2009, we'll be releasing The Marquis: Inferno, a new edition the material previously collected in Danse Macabre and Intermezzo, with revisions, recolored story pages by Dave Stewart, an expanded sketchbook section, a full-color cover gallery, and a new introduction by Mike Mignola.

But the most exciting part is due out the following March: the first in a series of new Marquis graphic novels, The Marquis and the Midwife

If you're not familiar with The Marquis, it's one of the most incredible, terrifying, gorgeous pieces of period horror ever to come to comics. You can see a couple story pages--as well as mock-ups of the covers of the first two Dark Horse volumes--at the link above; they're beautiful, but the work as a whole is breathtaking.

Can you tell I'm excited about this?

Thumbs up

This is great news!
    Help fight censorship!

It's funny cause it's true:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/04/...ibly-involved/

Guy's Marquis is wickedly cool..i just saw this news on the SDCC update portion of CBR..so awesome news!
    "Flight com, I can't hold it..she's breaking up, she's break...." - Colonel Steve Austin

So does this mean scientists have found a way to clone a human being? Guy is so busy doing BPRD books and character designs and commissions, now he's squeezing in the Marquis? Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of Guys since his days on The Realm and Baker Street and the Marquis is one of my favorites of his body of work, but holy cow he's going to be busy.

Mk
    Also, I can kill you with my brain.
    River Tamm

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

www.masztal.com
    www.dogboy443.blogspot.com

Great news to start my day with. Thanks.

Looking forward to it !

I have never gotten to read this !

Oh sweet! Marquis is one of my favourite ever comics, and i've been hoping Guy would be able to continue the story. I think Dark Horse is a perfect fit for the comic, and can't wait for the new stuff.

BTW i so called this.

This is great news. I have read the two graphic novels published by Oni Press and I think they are brilliant, dark and horrific. The subject matter does seem to be a perfect match for Dark Horse. It will be interesting to see the hell sequence re-coloured by Dave Stewart and I'm really looking forward to reading new Marquis material. 2010 will be here before we know it.

I really, really hope that Guy can stay on as the principle illustrator for BPRD for a good long time but occasional stints by other artists like Paul Azaceta on the 1946 arc will allow him to work on both projects.

yaay! The Marquis rocks! Go Guy!
    apathy is a sucking vortex of everything that makes life worthwile - beware!

I just can't handle it

The less something looks like anything, the more it looks like everything

79 ... 76 ... 70

This is great news!!!!

I've only been able to find the Danse Macabre trade and Iove it. Good to hear I'll be able to get my hands on the rest and read new stuff.

Default Yeah

Marquis is the book that made me a Guy Davis fan. All that zip a tone. Awesome! So I guess this is the best place to show my new Guy Davis original art acquisition!

enjoy:

you can see the rest of my Guy Davis collection here...
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=32724

hollow18, that is a lovely thing.

Hollow18: Yeah.

Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Wow, this is awesome news.

And, hollow18, damn, you lucky dog, you.

Thanks for posting, Rachel.

It's a class move for Dark Horse to re-publish The Marquis... It shows real respect to a prolific and talented artist.
    Strangebeard: It's not the size of the pirate in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pirate.