Default Avrid Nelson talks "Rex Mundi"

“Rex Mundi,” writer Arvid Nelson tells CBR why he hates it when people compare his Dark Horse series to "The DaVinci Code," the book's final chapter, the Johnny Depp film as well as future projects.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17297

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    “Rex Mundi,” writer Arvid Nelson tells CBR why he hates it when people compare his Dark Horse series to "The DaVinci Code,"
    I thought that was strange since it seems like the two have been compared in some of the marketing for the book. But then you read the article and see that what he actually hates is when people say he ripped off The DaVince Code, which is very different.

It was interesting what he was saying about the history getting in the way of the story. I definitely felt that fairly early on and faded away from the series around the time it switched to Dark Horse. It's a little disconcerting to hear he only now learned that lesson, but hearing that the series is nearly complete, it does make me interested in getting the rest of the trades and seeing how it all ends up.

Was that web-comic mentioned in the article ever collected in a trade? I remember reading that online and in some ways liking it more than the print stories.

Any news about Zero Killer? Only 3 issues were published and I havent heard anything else.

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Interesting. I do ahve to wonder about the DaVinci code influence. Personally, I like to say this book is like a good version of that all so damn popular novel. I think it's much more creative. It takes Holy Blood Holy Grail and does something a bunch less conventional.

Now even if they both came out in the same year, Rex Mundi is serial. There can be influences from the book. At the same time, the setting is quite different and they both have a same source.

Anyway, can't wait to finish this up. Plus that movie deal sounds gold. Though I do have to wonder about what happened with Zero Killer.
    Xenos

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
    Was that web-comic mentioned in the article ever collected in a trade? I remember reading that online and in some ways liking it more than the print stories.

Brother Matthew was in one of the Dark Horse trades. I don't remember which one.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Thief and Archer

One of the best titles out there. Sorry to hear it's wrapping up, but I'm sure the conclusion will be terrific.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is not just another show for us. Tonight is arena football at its finest. Thank you" - David Letterman

Hey fellas!

Zero Killer is alive! I swear! We're working on Issue 5 right now; Issue 4 has been officially canned.

I have no idea when #4 will come out--we might even wait until #6 is done, because we don't want any more delays. But hopefully sometime this year. Believe me, it sucks for me more than anyone, but there's nothing I can do about it!

The first Brother Matthew story is in the Dark Horse edition of Book 1. :)

Thank you, Arvid!