Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Default I just got into Moon Knight

and uhh......wow.it's so graphic but I can't look away

my friend got me hooked with issue 14 and ever since then, i've read up to the end of the Black Spectre storyline. Should I go back and read issues 1-13? Did I miss much since htey seemed to ohave covered the Bushman thing (so creepy him wearing his FACE!) and the Khonshu angle is still a mystery to me, is it to everyone else?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Glad you liked Moon Knight, but if you really want to fully appreciate the character and the "mystery" of Khonshou, you must get issues 1-13 and the two Essential volumes that cover the character from his first appearance up 'til now. Some characters picking up back issues may not be entirely necessary, but I feel Moon Knight is a character you need to read his past in order fully appreciate the essence of the character.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Buy Moon Knight #1-38 (1980) series to appreciate the character. Also, Marvel released a Moon Kngiht limited series in 1985...

I think that the current and the previous team make it necessary to know Moon Knight's continuity. You should check #1 - 13, cause they are great issues. It's not that you lost things that may be a mystery to you know, but it's a must read I think.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Glad you liked Moon Knight, but if you really want to fully appreciate the character and the "mystery" of Khonshou, you must get issues 1-13 and the two Essential volumes that cover the character from his first appearance up 'til now. Some characters picking up back issues may not be entirely necessary, but I feel Moon Knight is a character you need to read his past in order fully appreciate the essence of the character.
    they got an essential moon knight volume 1 at a store near me, so I think i'll get that in addition to issues one thorugh thirteen

that and Iron Fist are two comics I read

so i'm starting to feel more awesome by the day
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

As much as I love the current volume, I can't say the first two arcs were very new reader friendly. Your best bet before reading those is the original 38 issues. They're not all that expensive (I got the first issue in great condition for $5) and they're some of the best superhero comics from the early 80s.

Not entirely essential, but the following would help to get a thorough grip:
    Moon Knight/Fist of Khonshu #1-6
    Moon Knight Special Edition #1-3
    Moon Knight vol. 3 #1-5, #8-10, #26-30, #35-38
    Amazing Spider-Man #353-358

The current Moon Knight is great!

But I have some questions:

Who is that disfigured shadowy character that MK keeps talking to that only he seems to be able to see?

Is MK a multiple personality type? In the last issue, is that Marc Spector walking away from Black Spectre?

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman2001 View Post

But I have some questions:

Who is that disfigured shadowy character that MK keeps talking to that only he seems to be able to see?

Is MK a multiple personality type? In the last issue, is that Marc Spector walking away from Black Spectre?
    That's Raoul Bushman, former mercenary compatriot of Spector and Frenchie, then turned foe. MK "killed" him, then ripped his face off. Nice imagery.

His current role is a bit unknown. Is he a figment of Spector's imagination? Is he a manifestation of Khonshu himself? Or is it just Bushman's ghost screwing with him?

Avatar of Khonshu ultimatespyder20's Avatar

YES!

Go back and read 1-13. Huston set the character in a big way in his run. If you wish to read this current series, then it is a MUST to go back and grab 1-13. I'm sure you can find the HCs or the Trades.

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman2001 View Post
    yeah...kudos to Mike Benson and Mark Texeira
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    ...what he said.

Moon Knight is how Marvel would do Batman if they had him. He would be a kick ass type, not a pussy!