Page 6 of 672 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    I actually kinda like the idea of a Kurt/Rachel pairing. They've been through a lot together, and you'd have to class Rachel as one of Kurt's closest female friends.

Just as long as she's NOT a frickin' dinosaur!
    Sword, please read the first post i put in this thread. Rachel and Kurt as a couple is forbidden from this thread. It is not a good idea. She sucks!

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Sword, please read the first post i put in this thread. Rachel and Kurt as a couple is forbidden from this thread. It is not a good idea. She sucks!
    And I can't understand how anybody who was a fan of Kurt could completely write that off. I get really pissy (And I'm not pointing a finger at you in particular, mate) with some X-Fans who just seem to figure that because a character doesn't appear in a core X-Book that any development that may have happened outside of that is irrelevant.

Kurt had 10 years away from the X-Men. During that time he was closer to Kitty, Rachel, Meggan, even Brian than he was to the rest of the X-Men. He shared a lot with those characters - hell he even played a part in saving the entire Marvel multiverse with those characters. While there wasn't a huge amount of obvious sexual tension between Kurt and Rachel is it impossible to think of the two as a possibility.

Not everybody hates Rachel Summers (Not Grey). Many Nightcrawler fans are also Excalibur fans, and they might see the logic of that pairing not to be so ridiculous at all.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Nightcrawler is one of my favorites

BANNED

And I can't understand how anybody who was a fan of Kurt could completely write that off. I get really pissy (And I'm not pointing a finger at you in particular, mate) with some X-Fans who just seem to figure that because a character doesn't appear in a core X-Book that any development that may have happened outside of that is irrelevant.

Kurt had 10 years away from the X-Men. During that time he was closer to Kitty, Rachel, Meggan, even Brian than he was to the rest of the X-Men. He shared a lot with those characters - hell he even played a part in saving the entire Marvel multiverse with those characters. While there wasn't a huge amount of obvious sexual tension between Kurt and Rachel is it impossible to think of the two as a possibility.

Not everybody hates Rachel Summers (Not Grey). Many Nightcrawler fans are also Excalibur fans, and they might see the logic of that pairing not to be so ridiculous at all.
    I agree that non-core relationships never get mentioned. And I liked Rachel in Excalibur and in Cable, but that's it. Otherwise she's been a total wreck and she currently resides at the top of my most hated character list. Not to mention, she grew up with an uncle kurt in her time. How can she rationalize calling Cyclop and Jean mom and dad and then make out with her "uncle". She's dino-dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I agree that non-core relationships never get mentioned. And I liked Rachel in Excalibur and in Cable, but that's it. Otherwise she's been a total wreck and she currently resides at the top of my most hated character list. Not to mention, she grew up with an uncle kurt in her time. How can she rationalize calling Cyclop and Jean mom and dad and then make out with her "uncle". She's dino-dumb.
    Maybe because he's not a real Uncle, and more of a family friend. And she's been through hell and back with him, too. It's not uncommon for a girl to end up having a rare love affair with a close non-related family friend now, is it?

But yes. She is now Dino-dumb. The character really needs an overhaul. Probably AWAY from the X-Books again, in all honesty.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

It's was obvs a skrull. The real Rachel Summers is now TA-ing summer session at some lucky school. <3 <3

I hate the Kurt/Rachel pairing though, just seems wrong. If she wants to bang an uncle figure, she should pick someone that would really make "daddy" nervous... like Warren, Logan (hey he wanted to) or Hank. Or she could be Bobby's new beard.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I hate the Kurt/Rachel pairing though, just seems wrong. If she wants to bang an uncle figure, she should pick someone that would really make "daddy" nervous... like Warren, Logan (hey he wanted to) or Hank. Or she could be Bobby's new beard.
    Bobby's new beard...

I think Warren would be the best move. They're both big on 'bird' symbolism...:rolleyes:

Anybody else actually like the Kurt/Cerise pairing? Or am I alone?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Anybody else actually like the Kurt/Cerise pairing? Or am I alone?
    I actually really liked Cerise. I loved that she was a giant amazon and totally wanted to jump Kurt's bones all the time. I was pissed she sent away, but the cover with the two of them kissing is awesome. I need to re-read her appearance in Uncanny when he brushed her off. I don't really remember much of it. But now that he's not a priest there is no reason the two can't hook up. He needs to send a space message to her to let her know he's ready to bang again.

Warren also gets bonus points because he wanted to bang her mom. Everytime Scott sees them doing the deed six feet above the Blackbird windshield he'll think of Warren plowing his wife and his daughter.

I liked Kurt & Cerise, though I'm against any new Shi'ar/Earthling couplings. It's unnatural. Still, it's always hott seeing a guy with a girl who's six inches taller with bigger biceps.

If I had to make a suggestion for romancing Kurt, I'd say Caledonia. He's been attracted to her analogs before, and our Alysande definitely had the simmering urge to wear nothing but blue. <3 <3
    Last edited by jarrod; 07-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.

He doesn't, no. But I do think it sucks that he did a good job of being a leader for quite some time, and yet people like Havok can belittle him for it. Havok was far from a great leader himself, now...
    Havok should not talk. He is one of the worst leaders the X-Men have ever had, but of course this is not a Havok thread, so onto more important things. Kurt is awesome! I think he really needs a new love interest (not Dazzler though since she's taken by Warren).

Kurt and Alex were both awesome leaders outside the X-Men. I think they should date.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Kurt and Alex were both awesome leaders outside the X-Men. I think they should date.
    You've gone wrong.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Kurt wouldn't date Alex. I just don't see it happening. I could see Kurt pawning for someone like Iceman. Someone who is fun and light hearted like he is. Or maybe he'd be a crazy muscle worshipper and go for Juggernaut! If Kurt were gay though, who do you think he would date?

In all honesty, I want Kurt to steal Hepzibah from Warpath. Or maybe just a threesome.

I found it kind of stupid that Ultimate Kurt was a homophobe and then resolved all his issues in like two seconds.

The more I think about it, I support Nightcrawler and Dazzler. They could go on Dancing with the Stars and blow the competition off the floor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    The more I think about it, I support Nightcrawler and Dazzler. They could go on Dancing with the Stars and blow the competition off the floor.
    Yes, excellent idea Frog! I think Nightcrawler and Dazzler would rock DWTS. He could do some excellent dance moves utilizing his tail. I wonder just how strong his tail is? Could he pick up Dazzler with it? I mean, he holds a sword in it and hangs from things with it.