Page 369 of 672 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 10072
  1. #5521
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tea table
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    I always thought Nightcrawler and Jean Grey would make a weird couple :S but it's strange they didn't spend much time with each other especially considering they kind of have similar personalities
    Really? I can't see much resemblance between them, apart from "love for life"... It's true there aren't many situations shared with two of them. Now I only remember Kurt's deep pain in Canada, while he recalled Jean's "death at the moon"; it's a moving and delicate scene, but I haven't found the scan, so I post this other (funnier) from UXM #139, too.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    As far as that cover, Azazel and the bamfs, it's hard to know what to make of it. It seems to be kind of a reverse image to the way things are, with Mystique in Logan's role. Maybe, going with that reversed theme, Azazel is meant to represent the dark side of what lies behind the bamfs? So, in the normal world, it would be Kurt standing in the shadows surrounded by bamfs. That's probably wishful thinking. I still think they could either be fragmented part's of Kurt's life essence, or have something to do with his past dealings with the occult (maybe both). The little arcane symbols they have all over their skin seem like they should be important.
    My theory (not Marvel's, that for sure), right from the start, is some kind of failed necromancy courtesy of Szardos family, and a wicked story similar to what surrounded Cypher's death. But no such luck :/ .

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    I like short Logan for all sorts of reasons, but even I can't picture him as 5'3", or however tall he is in the Marvel handbook. I'd give him at least 5'5"--that's how tall Roger Dalrey is, and he seemed to do okay for himself, back in the day ;) (Back when I was a teenager and often insecure about being too tall, I developed a mental encyclopedia of the heights of various male celebrities and rockstars.) Is it true, BTW, that you keep growing until you're 25? That is now my funfact (Flash Fact?) of the week! :P
    Logan fits perfect for me, since we are of equal height but he's much stronger than me .

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I can't resist posting those scenes from X-Men: The End with the whole tail thing going...
    Ey, I didn't know this! Kurt can raise anyone from the dead with a simple kiss ("implicit psychic orgasm", LOL)!

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    I adored that scene you posted Marg, those Paul Smith pages are some of my favorite in comics.
    Me too .

  2. #5522
    Member M.Hammerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fashion Week
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    I wonder if Logan would feel violent at the thought of Kurt kissing Jean like with Mariko. Though, that Logan was a long ass time ago.

    I adored that scene you posted Marg, those Paul Smith pages are some of my favorite in comics.

    Anyway, found this on DA.

    I found it to be a touching depiction of the Kurt/Logan relationship.

    Wait, is Kurt a cyborg in that pic...? If so, I kind of like the badassery of being a cyborg who insists on using swords... But, yeah, pretty sad moment (or commentary?) of Kurt and Logan's relationship :( And yes, Paul Smith X-Men is one of the Greatest Things. I love the shiny smoothness he gives the costumes--everyone looks like a beautiful object (in the best possible way). And as I know I've said before, I love love love his fashions. If I was a designer, I'd so totally do an entire homage collection to that aesthetic, though I guess anyone mining early 80s American sportswear has pretty much already done that.

    Here's that Kurt crying over Jean scene Hare mentioned (from Uncanny #139).

  3. #5523
    Member M.Hammerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fashion Week
    Posts
    657

    Default

    More Kurt and Jean from Ultimate X-Men #9.



  4. #5524
    Member M.Hammerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fashion Week
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Also this, mainly because Scott's "Holy Geez" made my laugh :P From Ultimate #8.

    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 11-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.

  5. #5525
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,811

    Default

    hit him with a frying pan

    man ult nightcrawler started out with such potential
    balls to teh wall action hero style


    all gone now :(
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  6. #5526
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tea table
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    And yes, Paul Smith X-Men is one of the Greatest Things. I love the shiny smoothness he gives the costumes--everyone looks like a beautiful object (in the best possible way). And as I know I've said before, I love love love his fashions. If I was a designer, I'd so totally do an entire homage collection to that aesthetic, though I guess anyone mining early 80s American sportswear has pretty much already done that.
    That's a great idea! I mean a tribute collection to all mutant history, specifically through its artists. "Here, ladies and gentlemen, a few uncanny high-heeled Cockrum shoes; now some examples of Romita hairstyle; last, but not least, bombastic siliconed Lee costumes" --and so on. Volunteers?

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Here's that Kurt crying over Jean scene Hare mentioned (from Uncanny #139).
    Thanks, Marg.

  7. #5527
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tea table
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    hit him with a frying pan

    man ult nightcrawler started out with such potential
    balls to teh wall action hero style


    all gone now :(
    I like very much Ultimate Crawler look, indigo rather than soft-blue, and slim body, and that flamed "bamf". It's true that his temperament was quite different than that of the original character, but this was the charm of that AU, wasn't it? Just a game of "Let's pretend", as my dear Alice would say.

  8. #5528
    Yawn... DevilishRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A higher plane.
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Hey, thanks for those Ultimate Jean/Kurt scans, Marg! Those are what I meant! Kurt is just adorable there, look at that little smile in the last panel. Jeans "Just slap me on the side of the head a couple of times if I start to drool or say anything embarrassing." Do you mean because you're in you're Psi-mode Jean or is that Kurt's effect on the ladies (and certain gentleman) in general? :-p

    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    hit him with a frying pan

    man ult nightcrawler started out with such potential
    balls to teh wall action hero style


    all gone now :(

    Yeah, in the early days of Ultimate, Kurt really was just a younger slightly edgier version of 616, pretty much in response to his surroundings and the baddies attempting to turn him into a weopon. Its shocking Millar didn't do anything more "dark." (That was a different writer). And it seemed enough for fans.

    Here are scans showing Ultimate Kurt with some 616 qualities.





    Of course Wraith tries to kill him for it and Ult Scott had to stop him. I really like Ult. Scott and Kurt together.

    Sorta OT: Why, Pietro. Why??? What is it about pine green that screams silver? I know its the original design, but srzly.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-21-2012 at 12:40 PM.

  9. #5529
    Yawn... DevilishRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A higher plane.
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Here's more of Kurt's thoughts on Jeans death. Actually, Kurt (and Ororo) thinks about Jean more than Logan does. The man who professed to love her.

    A nice treat, since Paul Smith is a very popular artist in this thread (and the X-Boards in general).







    OT: Rogue looks so cute here. I preferred her to “Southern Belle” Rogue.

  10. #5530
    The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    District 12
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Gosh, Raven does get stabbed a lot, doesn't she? How many times has Logan alone stabbed her? Though I suppose, to be fair, Logan stabs a lot of people a lot of times...

    On a less grisly note, I know it's been a few days, but hope you feel better! Here's cute sick Kurt to express my sympathy :) I love Amanda's robe in this scene--that is a serious statement piece, lol.
    Aw, thank you. I'm feeling much better now. And this is gonna sound awful, but sick!Kurt is simply adorable. Lord knows why.

    BTW, just got the entire collection of The Dark Phoenix Saga. Makes my whole situation that much better.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

  11. #5531
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    I like very much Ultimate Crawler look, indigo rather than soft-blue, and slim body, and that flamed "bamf". It's true that his temperament was quite different than that of the original character, but this was the charm of that AU, wasn't it? Just a game of "Let's pretend", as my dear Alice would say.
    yeah the alternative take on Ult crawler was pretty cool
    I swear I wore that TPB out and then DR posts...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Hey, thanks for those Ultimate Jean/Kurt scans, Marg! Those are what I meant! Kurt is just adorable there, look at that little smile in the last panel. Jeans "Just slap me on the side of the head a couple of times if I start to drool or say anything embarrassing." Do you mean because you're in you're Psi-mode Jean or is that Kurt's effect on the ladies (and certain gentleman) in general? :-p




    Yeah, in the early days of Ultimate, Kurt really was just a younger slightly edgier version of 616, pretty much in response to his surroundings and the baddies attempting to turn him into a weopon. Its shocking Millar didn't do anything more "dark." (That was a different writer). And it seemed enough for fans.

    Here are scans showing Ultimate Kurt with some 616 qualities.


    awesome part of his character arc in Ult x-men

    that and the scene in return of the king where he's on the run


    Of course Wraith tries to kill him for it and Ult Scott had to stop him. I really like Ult. Scott and Kurt together.

    Sorta OT: Why, Pietro. Why??? What is it about pine green that screams silver? I know its the original design, but srzly.
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  12. #5532
    Yawn... DevilishRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A higher plane.
    Posts
    7,794

    Default

    Glad you're feeling better now, Jinx! I missed that you were sick.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Aw, thank you. I'm feeling much better now. And this is gonna sound awful, but sick!Kurt is simply adorable. Lord knows why.
    Not strange really. Why do you think there is so much hurt/confort fic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    awesome part of his character arc in Ult x-men that and the scene in return of the king where he's on the run
    I agree. I was so excited during that time period. :-/



    OK. I just couldn't help but post this. One of my many interests is the paranormal and urban legends and I came along this. A couple of boys supposedly saw this creature in the late 60's according to old documents. Supposedly Dave first created Kurt in the 60's before he was brought to Marvel.

    "The Little Blue Man."

    http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegend...-blue-man.html

    I'm not implying there is a connection. But still, a funny coincidence.

    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-21-2012 at 08:07 PM.

  13. #5533
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tea table
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Jeans "Just slap me on the side of the head a couple of times if I start to drool or say anything embarrassing." Do you mean because you're in you're Psi-mode Jean or is that Kurt's effect on the ladies (and certain gentleman) in general? :-p
    LOL! I never thought that way, but yes, Kurt's laying head in your lap could cause such effects!

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Here's more of Kurt's thoughts on Jeans death. Actually, Kurt (and Ororo) thinks about Jean more than Logan does. The man who professed to love her.

    A nice treat, since Paul Smith is a very popular artist in this thread (and the X-Boards in general).







    OT: Rogue looks so cute here. I preferred her to “Southern Belle” Rogue.
    Thanks, D-R! I love Smith's narrative, I love sad doctor Kurt (and his resigned comment about Logan), I love corny gift from Jimaine (they were then a pair of lovebirds)...and I love original Rogue: insane, funny and rude. I will never never never forgive Jim Lee for turning her into a vacuous hot girl.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Not strange really. Why do you think there is so much hurt/confort fic?
    Because we are quite sadistic in our erotic fantasies 0:) ?


    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    OK. I just couldn't help but post this. One of my many interests is the paranormal and urban legends and I came along this. A couple of boys supposedly saw this creature in the late 60's according to old documents. Supposedly Dave first created Kurt in the 60's before he was brought to Marvel.

    "The Little Blue Man."

    http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegend...-blue-man.html

    I'm not implying there is a connection. But still, a funny coincidence.
    Curioser and curioser!
    Last edited by March Hare; 11-22-2012 at 03:00 AM.

  14. #5534
    BAMF Brigade Sundowhn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Great scans! I loved when Kurt was the resident medic. I always wished they'd shown him in that role more, like assisting Hank later on or something. He could come back and be the school nurse. :D

    I got a real kick out of his early Ultimate portrayal. It's a shame it went the way it did.

  15. #5535
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tea table
    Posts
    714

    Default

    I enjoyed very much his medical side, too: it fit well with his protective nature. I know I'm a real pest with the gypsy thing, but it's clear he got that knowledge from his circus time: nomad life demands first aid training.

    "School nurse"? Ach, you are wicked! As long as he may heal with a little kiss in sick people's nose...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •