Page 308 of 672 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    I think Kurt in that poster is looking above for where the Bamf word-effect usually is but instead its at the bottom. Someone needs pepto again.
    LOL! Kurt does love his own proprietary sound effect--no matter the stomach-turning consequences :)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Y'know I bet, in Logans files, there is another pic of Kurt with a white heart around it too.
    In case he forgets? :P

Okay, here's my latest attempt. It's an early years story of Kurt Wagner, before he joined the X-Men. Jimaine (Amanda) features prominently. Tell me what you think.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8340716/1/Calliope
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-21-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Okay, here's my latest attempt. It's an early years story of Kurt Wagner, before he joined the X-Men. Jimaine (Amanda) features prominently. Tell me what you think.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8340234/1/Calliope
    Just a head's up--I don't think that link works. Maybe a problem with ff.net? BUT having had a preview of this story I can tell everyone it is AMAZING, touching but also extremely heartbreaking. Anyone and everyone here needs to definitely check it out (once Sundowhn fixes the link!).

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Just a head's up--I don't think that link works. Maybe a problem with ff.net? BUT having had a preview of this story I can tell everyone it is AMAZING, touching but also extremely heartbreaking. Anyone and everyone here needs to definitely check it out (once Sundowhn fixes the link!).
    Link still not working. I just tried.
    I just read it. (But not on FF) It's an excellent attempt to combine most of Kurt's origin stories into a coherent story.

BTW, I still can't get decent images from enlarging the thumbnails. Very frustrating!

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Admittedly, I can see how Kurt would be better at soccer. But basketball is cooler. And has cooler outfits (historically speaking). And while we're on the subject of outfits... Strategically torn chinos with button-down shirt tucked in with a belt? Oh Kurt... Innate hotness only goes so far. It's sad that I have to give this scene's "most fashionable" trophy to Peter in a Humbug candy turtleneck. LOL
    I about died laughing. Petey looks adorable in that turtleneck.

But on the subject of Kurt's questionable fashion choices, I have to wonder about those shoes. I mean, regular tennis shoes are uncomfortable on my Native appendages (thank you, Nike N7s), so they must be torture on Kurt's feet. Just a thought.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

I truly have no idea. It got 16 hits, then the link went away. I took it down and republished, but it still isn't working. I emailed support, so we'll see what they say.

And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    BTW, I still can't get decent images from enlarging the thumbnails. Very frustrating!
    Sorry... I think CBR re-sizes the images when you do them as multiple attachments. D-Rogue's are big because she uploads them elsewhere and then posts URLs (I think). I'll consider doing that, but it depends how time-consuming it ends up being... If it takes the same amount of time, I'll change it up. In the meantime, if there's a particular page or image you want, let me know and I can re-post it singly (or even just send it to you).

EDIT: Yeah, I just made a photobucket account and it took 2 seconds. I really should have done that forever ago. No more thumbnails for me! Take that, CBR! :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    But on the subject of Kurt's questionable fashion choices, I have to wonder about those shoes. I mean, regular tennis shoes are uncomfortable on my Native appendages (thank you, Nike N7s), so they must be torture on Kurt's feet. Just a thought.
    Agreed. But the way I look at it is, having Kurt's feet would be awesome because I'd have a really good excuse not to wear shoes at all. Finally, I could arrive at the club with no shoes (rather than my usual routine of leaving that way with five blisters). I'll just keep my tetanus up to date and I'll be golden. Though I'm not sure how I'd navigate the winter...
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 07-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Okay, I decided to post it here: http://deeabla.livejournal.com/ (Calliope)

I've never used this site, but hopefully it's readable.

On Kurt's feet: I loved that line in the solo series where he says one of the questions he gets asked most is where he buys three-toed shoes. :P

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Agreed. But the way I look at it is, having Kurt's feet would be awesome because I'd have a really good excuse not to wear shoes at all. Finally, I could arrive at the club with no shoes (rather than my usual routine of leaving that way with five blisters). I'll just keep my tetanus up to date and I'll be golden. Though I'm not sure how I'd navigate the winter...
    True story. I do not like wearing shoes, either. That's why I tend to stick with moccassins whenever I can. It's like wearing shoes without wearing shoes. And I, too, loved the line about Kurt's special shoes, although I prefer him barefoot when he's in civvies.

On barefoot in the winter...um, fur? Though it didn't seem to help much in AoA, and Kurt does love his sweaters.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

Waggoner??? They are going with Waggoner??? /roll eyes
    Always had a thing for blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    True story. I do not like wearing shoes, either. That's why I tend to stick with moccassins whenever I can. It's like wearing shoes without wearing shoes. And I, too, loved the line about Kurt's special shoes, although I prefer him barefoot when he's in civvies.

On barefoot in the winter...um, fur? Though it didn't seem to help much in AoA, and Kurt does love his sweaters.
    Seems to me with that backwards-facing toe of his, most normal shoes would be almost impossible to wear. I remember Darrick Robertson saying that he always thought with his bucks that Xavier should be able to shell out the money to get Kurt custom-made shoes, and did draw them on his feet. Regular shoes would also hinder his ability to grip and perch if he needed to.

I always liked Kurt in sweaters, as long as they weren't in outlandish color patterns lol.
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    Waggoner??? They are going with Waggoner??? /roll eyes
    Yeah, that's got to be up there on the master list of embarrassing alt universe character names, lol. I'm imaging a new fan 10 years from now shaking their head and wondering what people were thinking back in 2012. (You know, assuming the world doesn't end this year and that there are still Nightcrawler fans in 10 years--but I choose to be optimistic on both scores.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Okay, I decided to post it here: http://deeabla.livejournal.com/ (Calliope)

I've never used this site, but hopefully it's readable.
    Just checked it and it appears to be fine. I've read a lot of good stories on LiveJournal. I just don't like the way they have so much other stuff on each page.

As for Kurt's feet, maybe he could wear something similar to those leather toe-shoes in winter, where there's a place for each toe? Would have to be specially made for him, of course, but would be soft, supple and comfortable. He could slip them off if he had to use his feet to climb.

Waggoner really isn't terribly far-fetched as an English surname for someone whose family may have originally been Wagner. Lots of foreign surnames were altered to a greater or lesser degree during the process of immigration, so that could be what happened.

Just checked it and it appears to be fine. I've read a lot of good stories on LiveJournal. I just don't like the way they have so much other stuff on each page.

As for Kurt's feet, maybe he could wear something similar to those leather toe-shoes in winter, where there's a place for each toe? Would have to be specially made for him, of course, but would be soft, supple and comfortable. He could slip them off if he had to use his feet to climb.

Waggoner really isn't terribly far-fetched as an English surname for someone whose family may have originally been Wagner. Lots of foreign surnames were altered to a greater or lesser degree during the prociss of immigration, so that could be what happened.
    All to familiar with that. My maiden name is Portuguese and spelled nothing like its original. But still Waggoner is goofy. I know plenty of Americans with the Wagner surname. They should have left well enough alone. 8/
    Always had a thing for blue.

I always pictured him as kind of having tough, old hobbit feet, and preferring to go barefoot when possible. It shows him doing the perch thing so much, where he's on a bar or the back of a chair or something -- it seems that would be extremely difficult to do with shoes on, even soft-soled ones. They'd have to basically be no more than single layer cloth bottoms for it to work. Not to mention, that the "toe thumb" would be rendered useless with anything other than thin cloth.

On a side note, seems you'd have to be a contortionist to trim those back toenails. Good thing he is.