Page 3 of 672 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

I like Nightcrawler's fun-loving personality. His swashbuckler code of honor is something I would like to strive to. I think Kurt enjoys life, and doesn't let his appearance bring him down. He makes it a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    You are officially beyond the best in my book now! I envy you that shrine to Nightcrawler!

I would pick.....

1) Wolverine
    2) Storm
    3) Colossus
    4) Rogue (they do share a mom)
    5) Professor X

He did have a cute relationship with Psylocke when she first returned from the dead via Jamie, but the didn't last long and wasn't developed much (though a relationship there could be cute). I think he and Kitty are good friends, but it's never discussed. She was too young an bitchy for him I think. He hates Rachel deep down. I'm sure of it. I'd say he probably also enjoys the company of Beast and Iceman as they are both jovial in their own way.
    Forgot about Rachel. Didnt they flirt for a little bit in Uncanny (440s/450s, somewhere in those issues), plus they spent countless years together in Excalibur.

What I love about Nightcrawler is that he's such a wonderful mesh of contradictions. Despite being abandoned by his mother and persecuted most of his life, he's incredibly well-adjusted. Despite looking like a demon he's actually a devout Catholic who was also a priest at one point. Plus, despite being pious, he's a hopeless romantic who tries to model himself after Errol Flynn and is a shameless flirt. Also, despite the fact he values life, his best friend happens to be Wolverine. Plus his powers are really cool. No wonder he's a favorite among X-Men fans.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Perhaps this is the problem. Every flaw he ha the opportunity ot have character moments for are auto corrected by his pure awesomeness. We need Kurt to do something out of character...out of rage,....so that we can see he isn't totally perfect. (god, I'm calling my favorite character perfect...I sound like a Jean fan).

If everyone had a Bamf doll the world would be a better place.

I love you Joss. Yes homo We R. Venom's Avatar

Sometimes I wish he would use his sword/s again. Or maybe a gun, like his mother. He would be ruthless! X-Force. Ok, no, but still.
    Biru-no tanima-no kurayami-ni, Supaida-man!
    Havok was right.

A glimpse of the Excalibur days:

X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

I am huge Nightcrawler fan. Mostly through Excalibur, admittedly. But I also feel that anybody who hasn't read that period of Kurt's life honestly has probably missed his peak. Excalibur was Kurt at his best, and in his own right. Not as a background X-Character - in a front-running, central role.

I miss that Nightcrawler - because in all honesty I don't think we've seen him at his best ever since he left Excalibur.

I really resent the way that certain writers have played down, and even outright criticised, his leadership capabilities, with Excalibur. He stopped a demon uprising from consuming London, and broke Black Air's hold on the country. He may not have done it alone, but Kurt realised that Excalibur had to play dirty to do this, and adapted well.

A well characterised Kurt should be a swashbuckling, hard-fighting, womanising guy - who displays charm backed up by a strong moral code.

A lazy written Kurt focuses purely on him being a man of God, and his whole life centered in Christianity. and yet so many writers seem to cling to this. Usually because they haven't done their research on the character. Kurt should never preach, or fire off scripture in a wise-cracking manner. Both would be crass, and out of character.

It really guts me that even though he is still WITH the X-Men Kurt barely DOES anything with them anymore. I hope this changes. But since returning to earth Nightcrawler has returned once more to mostly standing in the background. Even touring round Europe with Poitr and Logan I didn't real feel he played any significant role in the story.

I almost wish he'd just get on a plane and re-join Brian and Wisdom in England, again. I would argue that in terms of friends Kurt is just as close to Brian as he is to Wolverine these days. And God knows he's have more to DO with MI:13.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

I definitely don't think Kurt is closer to Brian then he is Wolverine. Brian is Kurt's friend, but the two of them had and will always have a bit of conflict between the two of them. It's just there.

Kurt doesn't need to be the leader in order to be his usual self. I think a great role for Kurt would be to spend time with a younger character, like Wolverine always gets to do. Kurt helping Pixie learn more about teleportation and more about magic (he does have the Soulsword inside him) would be an interesting role for him to play in the books. The problem is they always give this role to Wolverine automatically. He's also the brawler, the bad boy who women love, the honorable samurai, etc. etc. Wolverine can suck it.

And OMG if I had a BAMF doll I would love it with all my heart! Someone make me one! Please!

A scan of Kurt and Meggan...It aint easy being blue but it does have its moments.
    Psylocke

BANNED

Now that's some serious loving there. Those two could have been an swesome power couple, but stupid old Captain Britain had to use Meggan as his confidence booster and re-shape her into his dream girl. She doesn't even like Brian. He isn't even looking for her while she's lost in the void. I bet Nightcrawler would be searching for her if he knew she was missing.

BANNED

I definitely don't think Kurt is closer to Brian then he is Wolverine. Brian is Kurt's friend, but the two of them had and will always have a bit of conflict between the two of them. It's just there.
    That's just sexual tension. It can be resolved in minutes, if necessary.

BANNED

What does everyone think about Nightcrawler being paired with Dazzler when they go to San Fran? To me it sounds like a great pairing!

What does everyone think about Nightcrawler being paired with Dazzler when they go to San Fran? To me it sounds like a great pairing!
    Well, we already know she likes blue and furry so it's plausible.