Page 220 of 672 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Here is some preview art for UXF #25. I am liking this new artist. http://marvel.com/news/story/18486/u..._x-force_omega
    Attachment 91445Attachment 91446
    Cool quality Logurt time. I wonder what they'll be talking about ^_^
    Always had a thing for blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    Yeah, I've been wondering just what makes up that mark. On other folks, it would probably be a tattoo, but I'm not sure how well red would show up as a tattoo on blue skin, not to mention how it would also be visible thru his fur, even short as it is. However, if it's just dye, I wouldn't think he'd have the time to bother with doing that on a regular basis, nor the inclination.
    Seems that I read it was supposed to be a tattoo. Hmmm...if the fur is really short and fine, as described, and the tattoo was done with a heavy hand, maybe you could see it. Or maybe the fur around his eyes is even thinner than elsewhere? Seems like it would be somewhat darker than it is though.

Seems that I read it was supposed to be a tattoo. Hmmm...if the fur is really short and fine, as described, and the tattoo was done with a heavy hand, maybe you could see it. Or maybe the fur around his eyes is even thinner than elsewhere? Seems like it would be somewhat darker than it is though.
    It's something you should address in your writings ^_^

Here is some preview art for UXF #25. I am liking this new artist.
    Don't care for the cover art, but the illos of Kurt inside look quite good. Better than Tocchino. His looks -- Dunno how to describe it -- too sketchy? Much better than Rodriguez though.

Maybe the fur on his face is so short that it's almost nonexistent? After all, it never seems to look as if there's much fur on his face. Even so, I'd expect a more maroon look from a tattoo, instead of so bright red. His skin almost has to be blue beneath the fur, or we'd be able to see the other color.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    It's something you should address in your writings ^_^
    Heheh...yeah actually I was going to work in a significance for it, but maybe I should come up with a plausible reason on why it's visible. I've seen tattoos done with heavy enough ink that they were visible through standard cotton cloth (t-shirts, etc). Seems painful for the eyelid area though.

@Karl
    I always sort of figured, based on what Dave and Paty had said about the consistency of Kurt's fur (and yes, they said his skin was also blue), was that it would be almost like dense lanugo hair on his face and maybe hands and feet. Just my opinion though. They also said that they didn't envision him being able to grow facial hair (Dave had hated when they drew him with a goatee), but that he had normal growth male body hair, chest included.

A peach just came to mind as well
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 04-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Heheh...yeah actually I was going to work in a significance for it, but maybe I should come up with a plausible reason on why it's visible. I've seen tattoos done with heavy enough ink that they were visible through standard cotton cloth (t-shirts, etc). Seems painful for the eyelid area though.
    If you can think of a good reason for it, I'd like to know. Might be I could use it in my stories also, if it sounds right to me. (With your permission, of course.)

@Karl
    I always sort of figured, based on what Dave and Paty had said about the consistency of Kurt's fur (and yes, they said his skin was also blue), was that it would be almost like dense lanugo hair on his face and maybe hands and feet. Just my opinion though. They also said that they didn't envision him being able to grow facial hair (Dave had hated when they drew him with a goatee), but that he had normal growth male body hair, chest included.

A peach just came to mind as well
    From what I found about lanugo hair, it's fairly long, not short like velvet. If he had that, it would be apparent, even if not very thick.
    I don't see any apparent reason why facial hair like a beard wouldn't be possible, if other types of body hair could be, but If Dave said it, it must therefore be true, so I'll take his word for it. I didn't like him with a goatee either. Illos of Kurt with a bare chest don't show chest hair, that I can recall.
    It's possible to tattoo eyelids, but I guess you've got to be very careful. Women can have tattooed eyeliner, for instance.

Obviously the fur is finer then even his eyebrows in Davis' depictions. And Davis also rendered Kurt armpits with a full crop. I don't mind facial hair but I do take offense to the butchering of his locks. LOL

I always assumed he was just flocked. Which is why I never understand why some artists render him with strong highlights. At best he'd have a matte finish. LOL!

Eh, on the marketing to younger age groups. I mean I was in my teens when I read comics and I don't think this would appeal to me. In fact the 90's was something I rolled my eyes at as a teen. In my twenties t0o. Also many teens enjoy Harry Potter and LotRs. Not exactly Rambo is it?

I like the art in the previews, not to interrupt your eyebrow discussion but did you see Darkholme response in the last panel? and there was a picture on the wall with what looked like Kurt. Is that Blob or Guido roughing up that girl?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Eh, on the marketing to younger age groups. I mean I was in my teens when I read comics and I don't think this would appeal to me. In fact the 90's was something I rolled my eyes at as a teen. In my twenties t0o. Also many teens enjoy Harry Potter and LotRs. Not exactly Rambo is it?

I like the art in the previews, not to interrupt your eyebrow discussion but did you see Darkholme response in the last panel? and there was a picture on the wall with what looked like Kurt. Is that Blob or Guido roughing up that girl?
    Good eye on the picture, I hadn't even noticed it...I was too busy appreciating the non-Tocchini aspects. It looks like Guido to me. And the woman at least seems to resemble the one in the picture.

I started reading comics when I was 10, and no, the ones my cousin tried to get me into that were all flash and violence weren't appealing. However, the first time I ever saw Nightcrawler, I just loved him and that was what got me hooked. (It seems like the first one I ever saw was the Alpha Flight crossover where Snowbird transforms into a bear and startles Kurt so he jumps on Wolverine's shoulders).

If you like the reason I come up with for the tatt Karl, you are welcome to use it.

I agree, lanugo hair is usually longer on people. I know on baby animals it is short though. Eh, who knows. Here is a link in which they were discussing it: http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/...lit=fur#p12509

On researching the AoA tattoo, Ororo, (now Orordius) received hers from being a captive of Apocalypse, AoA Jean received hers from Sinister, Betsy's in 616 was Crimson Dawn related. Could they be anymore obtuse with the reasoning behind this red tattoo? Ugh.

For Blink, they referenced it as having been in Apocalypse's breeding pens.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 04-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Heh, thanks but now I think on it it seems like Blob to me, looks a lot like evo blob. Are they still in AU's Besides Guido is more muscular.

I cant see Guido having any reason to do that to a woman thats not how he is,much less someone Kurt knows and Blob has ties to Mystique unless again its alternate u, the Kurt in the pic doesnt seem to have a tatoo.

I have no idea if the woman in the pic is the same as the one being manhandled they have different hair at least. Is the woman in the pic Chritine Palmer? Looks like she has a clipboard.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 04-11-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Heh, thanks but now I think on it it seems like Blob to me, looks a lot like evo blob. Are they still in AU's Besides Guido is more muscular.

I cant see Guido having any reason to do that to a woman thats not how he is,much less someone Kurt knows and Blob has ties to Mystique unless again its alternate u, the Kurt in the pic doesnt seem to have a tatoo.

I have no idea if the woman in the pic is the same as the one being manhandled they have different hair at least. Is the woman in the pic Chritine Palmer? Looks like she has a clipboard.

As far as where they are, Remender had said that Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Deadpool were going to be exploring a place called White Skies, a "huge floating mall hidden in the clouds, where assassins can be bought and traded." It is located in the 616 universe as far as I know and it was said that there was a tie in with the new Brotherhood that has formed -- apparently they will be a major nemesis for X-Force in the Final Execution arc.

Its hard to tell who the people are without any background dialogue or colouring. You're right though, that Guido wouldn't have reason. The woman could be Christine. When I looked at the picture, I thought at first it was Kurt in a lab coat and a woman with a clipboard, but it doesn't make much sense and I can't tell without colours anyway.

It looks like he and Logan are in some kind of observation booth watching whatever it is.

From the looks of the suit Darkholme is wearing in that picture, it seems like he might have been married in the past. She looks blond but it hasn't been colored yet. AOA Night Nurse, perhaps? So who's that being roughed up by AOA Blob? It doesn't look like Kurt - normal looking feet and no visible tail - and it doesn't look like the woman. Their kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    From the looks of the suit Darkholme is wearing in that picture, it seems like he might have been married in the past. She looks blond but it hasn't been colored yet. AOA Night Nurse, perhaps? So who's that being roughed up by AOA Blob? It doesn't look like Kurt - normal looking feet and no visible tail - and it doesn't look like the woman. Their kid?
    Hmmm, as far as being this Darkholme in the picture, there is no tattoo. Maybe an alternate Kurt or, since it is probably 616 universe, the Christine that Kurt Wagner knew? I guess it could also be Amanda, but I don't see her getting slammed by the Blob without throwing a hex on his ass....the last I checked she was still dabbling as Magick II.

One thing I read today was that AoA Blob featured pretty high on Darkholme's hit list and that he was one of the ones being hunted in the 616 universe.

I'm also kind of waiting on a link in this upcoming arc to both Mystique and Sabertooth. If you've read this month's Wolverine, it might explain why.

I guess it is possibly a kid. It's female, whoever it is. I still lay bets that it might be intended to be the woman in the picture, and it just isn't clear because of the lack of colour.