Page 215 of 670 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 10039

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    I didn't know about the X-Treme X-Men until I ran across mention of it here and tracked it down. Looks as if it could be interesting. Of course, anything with any version of Kurt would look interesting to me. I just hope they do a good job with it. I guess we'll find out in July.
    I would have loved to see Kurt in Claremont and Larocca's X-Treme book. This new one? 'Mixed feelings' doesn't quite begin to cover it.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    I would have loved to see Kurt in Claremont and Larocca's X-Treme book. This new one? 'Mixed feelings' doesn't quite begin to cover it.
    I know of only one issue in which Kurt appears in that book. He's beautifully drawn. In fact, I think I've got links I can post to scans of those two pages. Yes, here they are.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...herThings1.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...herThings2.jpg

I know of only one issue in which Kurt appears in that book. He's beautifully drawn. In fact, I think I've got links I can post to scans of those two pages. Yes, here they are.

Is that where all the double peen rumors came from? lol
    Last edited by Drelion; 03-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    For anyone interested, I've put up the first part of a story about Kurt Darkhölme on FanFiction.net. It can also be read as a one-shot featuring he and Logan. The link is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7953459/1/Kaliedoscope

Anyone who decides to read it, tell me what you think.
    Terrific beginning! Can't wait to read more!
    I'm working on a Logan/Darkholme story myself, but I never post anything until it's finished. My take on them is very different from yours, but I like what you've made of them so far.
    I've read a lot of fanfic, and your writing is way above average.
    Of course, I love the use of German words and phrases, plus I'm glad you decided to write him with an accent. I hear him like that too, and have also settled on just the W to V change to suggest an accent, even though there'd be a lot more to it than just that. Any particular reason why you chose to give him an umlaut over the O in his name? (I recall it being in one of the AoA comics, but not in most of them, so either way could be justified.)

Write more! Post more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    If that where all the double peen rumors came from? lol
    Yep. I really don't think he meant it that way, but even the illo could be taken to suggest such a thing, if you look closely.

Yep. I really don't think he meant it that way, but even the illo could be taken to suggest such a thing, if you look closely.
    Yeah He's definitely talking about his other features...although he does look he's smuggling and extra X-Jet in the front of his suit... X_X

Nightcrawler beat up the Joker, and it's Batman's turn next.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...egion-round-4/

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
    Nightcrawler beat up the Joker, and it's Batman's turn next.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...egion-round-4/
    Yay! Cool!
    Always had a thing for blue.

Terrific beginning! Can't wait to read more!
    I'm working on a Logan/Darkholme story myself, but I never post anything until it's finished. My take on them is very different from yours, but I like what you've made of them so far.
    I've read a lot of fanfic, and your writing is way above average.
    Of course, I love the use of German words and phrases, plus I'm glad you decided to write him with an accent. I hear him like that too, and have also settled on just the W to V change to suggest an accent, even though there'd be a lot more to it than just that. Any particular reason why you chose to give him an umlaut over the O in his name? (I recall it being in one of the AoA comics, but not in most of them, so either way could be justified.)

Write more! Post more soon!
    Thank you! It is actually the first fanfic I've written that I've made public. I generally just write for my own enjoyment.

I know some people enjoy reading the accent, and some don't. I decided if Logan can be written with phonetic spelling, then so could Kurt, I just didn't want to go overboard with it. I tried to mimic sentence structure and use of German words based on the speech patterns of the native German speakers I know. The major differences my English ears hear as far as accent goes are with "w" to "v", with "v" to "f", "s" to "z" and "th" as a kind of "ts" sound. All that is way to complicated to write in a story, though -- it would be nigh on unreadable, but that is what I hear in my mind at least when I read dialogue from Nightcrawler.

The umlaut o --- I'm not sure. I guess I just didn't want to anglicize the name. I saw it in X-Calibre and it stuck in my mind with that pronunciation, so I used it. Raven in earth 616 might use the English speaking version of the name Darkholme, but maybe the Raven from AoA uses the German spelling. :D Just preference.

Oh geez, I always wondered how that rumour got started.
    Years ago, back when Dave(Cockrum) was still alive and occasionally posting on Nightscrawlers, there was a thread there where Dave had answered a few questions about Kurt's "delicate bits". There was no double-trouble indicated. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Thank you! It is actually the first fanfic I've written that I've made public. I generally just write for my own enjoyment.

I know some people enjoy reading the accent, and some don't. I decided if Logan can be written with phonetic spelling, then so could Kurt, I just didn't want to go overboard with it. I tried to mimic sentence structure and use of German words based on the speech patterns of the native German speakers I know. The major differences my English ears hear as far as accent goes are with "w" to "v", with "v" to "f", "s" to "z" and "th" as a kind of "ts" sound. All that is way to complicated to write in a story, though -- it would be nigh on unreadable, but that is what I hear in my mind at least when I read dialogue from Nightcrawler.

The umlaut o --- I'm not sure. I guess I just didn't want to anglicize the name. I saw it in X-Calibre and it stuck in my mind with that pronunciation, so I used it. Raven in earth 616 might use the English speaking version of the name Darkholme, but maybe the Raven from AoA uses the German spelling. :D Just preference.
    If that's your first story, it's darn good.

I've heard the "th" as either "ts" or "dh". From what I can find out, it depends on the regional dialect. Since I prefer the dh, I hear it like that. Using the sounds you mentioned above, I can speak with a sort of German accent, but I don't know how accurate it is. Only one series actually tried to write Kurt with an accent and that was Ultimate X-Men, where he's a teen-ager who starts out not even understanding English.

As for the umlaut, I seem to recall it was in only one of the four X-Calibre issues, so it could go either way. Luckily, I learned to pronounce the letters with umlauts way back in German class in high school. It's amazing how much comes back to me, even though that was 50 years ago.

LOVING it. I remember I had that issue. :) Invasion was one of my favorite arcs.

I think I forgot about Nightcrawler at that point because I was still in mourning for Psylocke from X-TREME #2...her death hit me pretty hard back then, thanks to the now-ludicrous "dead stay dead" policy.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Only one series actually tried to write Kurt with an accent and that was Ultimate X-Men, where he's a teen-ager who starts out not even understanding English.

t's amazing how much comes back to me, even though that was 50 years ago.
    I've been looking through some of the back issues of Ultimate X-Men lately. I do like how they did his accent.

I guess I have it easy as far as pronunciation -- I just have to ask my husband. His main advice to me on pronouncing German correctly is to try and speak from the back of the throat. He said that his own challenge with English was learning to use a different part of his mouth to speak.

Count me as not liking the accent sounded out. He went through decades without out it. They just brought that out of nowhere in Ultimate, so I'm glad they didn't bring it to 616. I find sounded out accents a bit of a turnoff actually.I can get past a few words but when it's overdone... Eh, maybe I,m in the minority.

I found this funny pic on DA.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 03-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Count me as not liking the accent sounded out. He went through decades without out it. They just brought that out of nowhere in Ultimate, so I'm glad they didn't bring it to 616. I find sounded out accents a bit of a turnoff actually.I can get past a few words but when it's overdone... Eh, maybe I,m in the minority.
    No, you're probably not. Listening to an accent is one thing; trying to read it is another. I don't think I'd like it much if it weren't German, in which case I can fairly easily read it because I have some idea of how it sounds. If it were French, for instance, and it had a lot of funny spellings of words, it would annoy me. That's why I only try to suggest an accent by changing W to V, rather than making more extensive changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn
    I guess I have it easy as far as pronunciation -- I just have to ask my husband. His main advice to me on pronouncing German correctly is to try and speak from the back of the throat. He said that his own challenge with English was learning to use a different part of his mouth to speak.
    I'm not quite sure how one would speak from the back of the throat, but I do know that there's a sort of different "feel" to my mouth when I'm trying to speak German.