Page 118 of 672 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 10072

Not blue=Not Kurt=Not interested.
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    So what do you think of Claremont's promise that we'll see more of Forever-Kurt in the not-to-distant future?
    I think it's nice to know that there is still a Kurt out there playing an important role in some universe. I am curious about where the whole Kurt/Moira thing is going. But whatever happened to Banshee? I've not been able to get most of the issues as I would have liked.

Kurt's thoughts on James Proudstar.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 07-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.

So what do you think of Claremont's promise that we'll see more of Forever-Kurt in the not-to-distant future?
    At this point I'm waiting for Kurt to get a white stripe in his hair. Rogue's taken over his curls if you check the latest preview.

@ Devilish: I love that first panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    Not blue=Not Kurt=Not interested.
    I feel the same way
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order

Aw, those scans with Thunderbird...where are they from? Pleeeeeeease!!!!

It's common knowledge that Kurt feels better in dark then on light (save spotlight, maybe), but I didn't know he dislikes heat, too. And since I hate summer with passion for that exact reason, I can't help but like him even more.
    "We're both survivors."

Quote Originally Posted by kaktusic View Post
    Aw, those scans with Thunderbird...where are they from? Pleeeeeeease!!!!

It's common knowledge that Kurt feels better in dark then on light (save spotlight, maybe), but I didn't know he dislikes heat, too. And since I hate summer with passion for that exact reason, I can't help but like him even more.
    Those are from the back-up story in Classic X-Men # 3, kaktusic! ;-)

Well here is some Blue!Kurt.

It seems Astra was another dropped plot from the first scan she was just sent to spy on Kurt and nothing more. I wonder if that was always the intent. By the bottom scan there always seemed more to it.

My thoughts on non-blue Kurt is that I think it's an interesting change plus I'm pretty sure he won't stay that way forever anyway. I'm of the opinion that Kurt's personality makes the character not his appearance. Though I adore his blue self. Ahem! He'll be blue again before you know it.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 07-09-2010 at 11:18 AM.

I would like to see a bit more of how the power switch has affected Kurt. So far, it's been pretty much Rogue, Rogue, Rogue. While it doesn't surprise me that Kurt would take the power switch in pretty good stride, I'd like to see how he copes with and uses the new power set while he still has it.

I also don't believe the switch will be or should be permanent, but to tell the truth, it wouldn't matter terribly much to me even if it were. I'm a Nightcrawler fan much more because of his personality than because of his appearance or power set.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    My thoughts on non-blue Kurt is that I think it's an interesting change plus I'm pretty sure he won't stay that way forever anyway. I'm of the opinion that Kurt's personality makes the character not his appearance. Though I adore his blue self. Ahem! He'll be blue again before you know it.
    It'll depend on how long the series keeps running and how long Claremont will indulge in his Roguecrawler love, I think.

I would like to see a bit more of how the power switch has affected Kurt. So far, it's been pretty much Rogue, Rogue, Rogue. While it doesn't surprise me that Kurt would take the power switch in pretty good stride, I'd like to see how he copes with and uses the new power set while he still has it.
    Yep, this. Also, we've seen he still kind of has his agility. I want to see how he combines his old talents with the new.

Talking

Some Kurt and Marrow interaction. I found their squabbling amusing and it sorta reminded me of early Logurt.

Kurt... you could grab me anytime for a port. Even with the crazy after effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Koni View Post
    It'll depend on how long the series keeps running and how long Claremont will indulge in his Roguecrawler love, I think.

Yep, this. Also, we've seen he still kind of has his agility. I want to see how he combines his old talents with the new.
    Yeah, I suppose. I forgot about the whole seasons of a tv show aspect and that Forever might not be "Forever." Is Kurt doomed to be some boring white dude that can't dance? BTW did Kurt absorb Rogues super strength or was that one of the things that wasn't explored yet?
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 07-10-2010 at 08:43 AM.

I agree with Valerie, I am a Kurt fan for his personality, more so than his appearance. Although......I wonder why he keeps losing his curls? It seems every time he has a major shock, his hair goes straight. Is it one of his mutant powers, or does he just forget to put in the curlers at night when he is distressed?

Not interested in his white washed version of Kurt.
    Brevoort about Jean : "Popularity and conversation on internet message boards doesn't equate to sales." Really ? X-Men Origins Sales : Cyclops - 19,049. Emma Frost - 20,093. Jean Grey - 28,596

Quote Originally Posted by neling4
    I agree with Valerie, I am a Kurt fan for his personality, more so than his appearance. Although......I wonder why he keeps losing his curls? It seems every time he has a major shock, his hair goes straight. Is it one of his mutant powers, or does he just forget to put in the curlers at night when he is distressed?
    I'm also in it for his personality, but I do think there's a certain amount of that personality that is drawn from his looks. So I don't have a problem with him being fur-less in Forever, or at least I wouldn't if we saw more of him dealing with the disappearance of that area of his personality. Part of his identity has been swapped out, that should shake him up a bit. I'd say Claremont will get around to it eventually, but Rogue's post-transformation story hasn't impressed me so I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I love the curls and want them to stay! Except that I'm really particular over how they're drawn. Sometimes they draw it like clown hair. (OTOH, the mental image of Kurt too distraught to put in his curlers at night makes me wibble~ lol)

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Not interested in his white washed version of Kurt.
    "White wash" isn't a term I'd use for Kurt. Under the fur, he's a white guy. He's always been portrayed as typical white guy with typical white guy sensibilities (especially European), from dress to speech to hobbies and interests. He just happens to be covered in blue fur, which makes him part of a fictional minority but doesn't change his race, any more than Kitty's being intangible prevents her from being Jewish.

The strange part lies in the whole "I grew up with gypsies" thing. We hardly ever see him retain an ounce of Roma culture, and he usually claims ties to Germans first. Weird world is weird.

edit to add: And I realize you're being facetious with the "white wash" comment. I just jumped on it to mention something I've been thinking about regarding Kurt lately.
    Last edited by Syrinx; 07-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
    "White wash" isn't a term I'd use for Kurt. Under the fur, he's a white guy. He's always been portrayed as typical white guy with typical white guy sensibilities (especially European), from dress to speech to hobbies and interests. He just happens to be covered in blue fur, which makes him part of a fictional minority but doesn't change his race, any more than Kitty's being intangible prevents her from being Jewish.

The strange part lies in the whole "I grew up with gypsies" thing. We hardly ever see him retain an ounce of Roma culture, and he usually claims ties to Germans first. Weird world is weird.

edit to add: And I realize you're being facetious with the "white wash" comment. I just jumped on it to mention something I've been thinking about regarding Kurt lately.
    Lol. Yes I was facetious. But you've got a real point about Kurt's gypsies history being ignored most of the time.
    Brevoort about Jean : "Popularity and conversation on internet message boards doesn't equate to sales." Really ? X-Men Origins Sales : Cyclops - 19,049. Emma Frost - 20,093. Jean Grey - 28,596

Quote Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
    Maybe he uses straightening irons to work off stress.

Quote Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
    I know his human counterpart in the "Cross Time Caper" had less curly hair. I'm seriously wondering if it's part of his mutation now too. I'm starting to wonder also if less curly hair equals more brooding. Hmm... this must be explored further.

Speaking of more Gypsies...

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 07-10-2010 at 06:25 PM.