Page 106 of 672 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 10072

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Koni View Post
    Kurt is so rape-y in so many different universes :/ Even in Ultimate. And that whole "loyal servant" thingy becomes a serious mindfuck if you take the "Belasco is actually Nightcrawler" plot from Universe/Earth/Whatever X into mind.
    I agree. What I thought was interesting about Earth X is that other X-Men seemed to have an opinion besides Logan.

Some more Cecilia/Kurt goodness.

[img=http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc260/th_23928_X_Men101a_122_260lo.jpg]

[img=http://img260.imagevenue.com/loc471/th_24011_X_Men101b_122_471lo.jpg]

[img=http://img180.imagevenue.com/loc1146/th_24296_X_Men101c_122_1146lo.jpg]
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 06-18-2010 at 11:12 AM.

LOL Devilish, you are hitting all my Nightcrawler triggers. Rant:

WHO ever in their right mind thought making Kurt a priest was:

A: A good idea.
    B: A logical progression of the character
    C: A GOOD IDEA?!

I love that Kurt has faith, more power to him. But there is a HUGE leap between having faith and becoming a man of the cloth. Seriously, how did that happen?? I really want to see the brainstorm that led to this wreck.
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

Six month gap! We don't have to explain anything!

Six month gap! We don't have to explain anything!
    LAME. So it was basically "How can we progress these characters? What will happen to them during this six month gap?" and priest was what they came up with for Nightcrawler? STD would have made more sense. His story for the first issue could have been finally being able to throw out that tiny comb.
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

I'm guessing they felt the "nice guy/looks kind of creepy" paradox was wearing thin, so they went with "priest/kind of looks like a demon".

At least he got a pretty cool costume out of it.

Love that costume under the right artist.

Nightcrawler's series kind of prove that Marvel has no idea where to go with the character. Poor guy went from space pirate to human rights activist to paranormal investigator.

I don't dislike the concept itself, because I can kinda imagine how Crawler might have wanted to become a priest. The transition from Excalibur to X-men was hard on him, and he was confronted pretty quickly with a mad Prof X, whom he trusted. He may have then decided to leave the X-men for a while in order to become stronger in something he personally believes will never let him down, his faith.

Beyond that, Kurt's always either hiding his face or forcing the world to see him - he sticks to extremes and rarely picks a middle ground. He could have thought, "It's possible I might have become a priest if I weren't a mutant," and then followed that up with, "Why shouldn't I?" And Kurt being Kurt, he would have liked the idea of a personal challenge tied in with his faith.

So to me it's not a totally bad idea, but I still dislike it because it was very poorly executed. All we got from that "character progression" were a series of bad and cliche stories that most everyone would prefer never happened. And it resulted in Kurt pretty much being define *only* by his Catholicism and that sucks.

Plus, and this is just a personal thing for me, but I'd rather if comic books didn't deal with any religion at all. It's too controversial.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    LOL Devilish, you are hitting all my Nightcrawler triggers. Rant:

WHO ever in their right mind thought making Kurt a priest was:

A: A good idea.
    B: A logical progression of the character
    C: A GOOD IDEA?!

I love that Kurt has faith, more power to him. But there is a HUGE leap between having faith and becoming a man of the cloth. Seriously, how did that happen?? I really want to see the brainstorm that led to this wreck.
    Yes... but Kurt was hot and had occasional kick ass moments. I always felt that Kurt wasn't going to stay a priest anyways. He was questioning it a lot already since he first was studying. I had a feeling helping Cecilia come off kick would have a lot to do with it. And in my older internet days even when there was ranting about that particular era people were still pretty interested in "Kurts Morlocks" which I was always curious about. I have my issues with Christianity but it became his character. He was still playful. Lets be honest. People were just pissed because they felt they he could no longer be the ladies man. Its another label right there. It's like trying to define him as a priest. What ever... I have to admit that too much scripture is a bit annoying but I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Just look at those scans alone. I would have liked to have seen him ditch the priest duds and return to the X-Men. It seemed it was pointing that way anyway...

AGAIN. Kurt looks hot in these scans... and Cecilia doesn't look bad herself.

@ Syrinx. Many things are controversial. War, sex and social issues to name a few. I do agree though... his best days were Excalibur.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 06-18-2010 at 12:20 PM.

I think, personally, the hardest bit to believe is that Kurt decided to be celibate. He was running after women for most of his career as an Xman and then suddenly he agrees to a profession that requires celibacy? Fer rulz?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
    Plus, and this is just a personal thing for me, but I'd rather if comic books didn't deal with any religion at all. It's too controversial.
    I feel like, y'know, it's comics. Let them be fun and outer-worldly. There's better places to deal with those topics.

And no, the internet isn't one of them.

Still, however the priest thing was/should've/could've been handled character-wise, I don't support it story-wise since it means he's off the team :/ .

I think, personally, the hardest bit to believe is that Kurt decided to be celibate. He was running after women for most of his career as an Xman and then suddenly he agrees to a profession that requires celibacy? Fer rulz?
    Inner peace! Godly love > worldly love.
    Hey, who knows, his first act as a pope could've been revising that rule.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    Well. I don't know. I'm sure some men who became Priests might have been hounds in the past. Again... I'm glad it's over. I'm just defending the whole 'Nightcrawler became mopey' part that they keep putting on CC. He wasn't really mopey until later on. He was more playful under CC.

AGAIN Kurt is hot in those scans.

Well... at least this is bringing up discussion. Intention or not...

I just put the priest down to it was something he tried out for awhile, but then realised it wasn't for him (though he should've known this before what with all the womanising, but hey, what do I know?). Like, everyone has to experiment at some point. Sure, most people do it when they're teenagers, but Kurt didn't have a normal upbringing.

At least he got a pretty cool costume out of it.
    Lol, I hate that costume. Worst one of the bunch for me
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order

Quote Originally Posted by Koni
    I feel like, y'know, it's comics. Let them be fun and outer-worldly. There's better places to deal with those topics.
    That's what I meant to say. Thanks for phrasing it better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought X-men comics don't deal with real life politics a whole lot - and we really don't need people picking sides based on whether a certain character ascribes to a certain political party. Having or not having a religion is just as a personal journey, so I'd like to see religion treated the same way, particularly in comic books, which aren't renowned for their sensitivity.

I do prefer happy or serene Crawler to mopey Crawler. And I always wish they'd build more on Kurt during stories that involve Morlock-like characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mimschkin View Post
    Lol, I hate that costume. Worst one of the bunch for me
    *gasp*

*defriends*

Seriously though, I really like it. Maybe because it breaks with tradition. I also like the yellow colour scheme from Ultimate. I think it only turned up in 616 in that Agents of Atlas crossover.

Kind of ambiguous towards the crotch-arrow though. But at least it's not the diaper he sported for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought X-men comics don't deal with real life politics a whole lot - and we really don't need people picking sides based on whether a certain character ascribes to a certain political party. Having or not having a religion is just as a personal journey, so I'd like to see religion treated the same way, particularly in comic books, which aren't renowned for their sensitivity.
    I totally agree. I mean, I don't mind characters having a religious affiliation, but let's leave it at that. I don't characters to just become their religion and be faced with nothing but stories based on that, like Nightcrawler has.

He wants to pray here and there? Cool. Become a priest? No. Quote scripture constantly? Ergh please no.

*gasp*

*defriends*

Seriously though, I really like it. Maybe because it breaks with tradition. I also like the yellow colour scheme from Ultimate. I think it only turned up in 616 in that Agents of Atlas crossover.
    It's alright I guess, I just hate that massive collar.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9162/xmenvsagentsofatlas0100.jpg

Kind of ambiguous towards the crotch-arrow though. But at least it's not the diaper he sported for a while.
    This one I like. It's a bit like his last outfit, which I think I like the best.

But at least it's not the diaper he sported for a while.
    Banana hammock?
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order