Page 4 of 672 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Well, we already know she likes blue and furry so it's plausible.
    Frog, I am over joyed that you admit Kurt is furry now. He's such a charming devil, how could you deny his velvety goodness for too long?

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Frog, I am over joyed that you admit Kurt is furry now. He's such a charming devil, how could you deny his velvety goodness for too long?
    Someone has started picking on him in Flaneur's thread. I had to rally to his defense, supporters of the blue and misunderstood must stick together.

I personally think Kurt should find Meggan in the void and get with her. She is kinda elf too, right? So Swash does that mean you are not a fan of his relationhiop with Amanda?
    Psylocke

His he reffered to as Fuzzy Elf often by Wolvie, I have always taken that to mean he was indeed fizzy. But despite being blue and fuzzy, Nightcrawler has always done fairly well with women, but names escape me right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    I personally think Kurt should find Meggan in the void and get with her. She is kinda elf too, right? So Swash does that mean you are not a fan of his relationhiop with Amanda?
    I am not a fan of that relationship. I don't really like Sefton, because I think in the long run she'll be coruupted and evil like her mother. Plus, I just was never able to get over the foster-sibling thing. They grew up together!! I mean, it's not like he met her when he was older. It just bothers me. And she's not that exciting. She should go be a flight attendant again.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

I definitely don't think Kurt is closer to Brian then he is Wolverine. Brian is Kurt's friend, but the two of them had and will always have a bit of conflict between the two of them. It's just there.
    As do all good friends. Hell, everybody on the X-Men had conflict with Logan for a good many years. Brian would certainly count Kurt among his truer friends. In the same kind of bracket as Dane Whitman (The Black Knight).

Kurt doesn't need to be the leader in order to be his usual self.
    He doesn't, no. But I do think it sucks that he did a good job of being a leader for quite some time, and yet people like Havok can belittle him for it. Havok was far from a great leader himself, now...

I think a great role for Kurt would be to spend time with a younger character, like Wolverine always gets to do. Kurt helping Pixie learn more about teleportation and more about magic (he does have the Soulsword inside him) would be an interesting role for him to play in the books. The problem is they always give this role to Wolverine automatically. He's also the brawler, the bad boy who women love, the honorable samurai, etc. etc. Wolverine can suck it.
    That would actually be a pretty cool idea. And with Wolverine being paired off with Armor and X-23 in different titles Kurt helping Pixie would be very logical. She's also a UK citizen, and he kind of lived in the UK for 10 years. There's plenty in common.

Now that's some serious loving there. Those two could have been an swesome power couple, but stupid old Captain Britain had to use Meggan as his confidence booster and re-shape her into his dream girl.
    Well, to be fair, that's exactly what she's doing for Kurt there, too. That's how her power works. Her powers are empathic. She's genetically predisposed to become every guy's wet dream. It's a power she eventually got better control over, but Kurt was far from the only guy it happened with.

I also don't think that Brian used her that way. The guy doesn't need a confidence booster - he's got the collective consciousness of an entire Country being constantly fed into his body.

She doesn't even like Brian.
    Yeah... because you know what girls do when they don't like you? Yeah they marry you!

He isn't even looking for her while she's lost in the void. I bet Nightcrawler would be searching for her if he knew she was missing.
    Well, you can blame Claremont for that. Cornell on the other hand has Meggan on a to do list for CB&MI:13. We will see her again, eventually, I have no doubt.

What does everyone think about Nightcrawler being paired with Dazzler when they go to San Fran? To me it sounds like a great pairing!
    That to me actually sounds like a nightmare.

I was always a fan of Kurt and Cerise. Lobdell broke that pairing up in such a contrived manner. A real waste. You know I didn't mind him with Amanda, either. But it's always going to seem a little bit wrong...
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Kurt and Betsy. We all know it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    It really guts me that even though he is still WITH the X-Men Kurt barely DOES anything with them anymore. I hope this changes. But since returning to earth Nightcrawler has returned once more to mostly standing in the background. Even touring round Europe with Poitr and Logan I didn't real feel he played any significant role in the story.
    I think he played as significant a role as any of the guys, if not the most significant. He was the one who got them out of captivity and defeated Omega Red. He was also the one to smooth the rocky communication between Logan and Piotr and bring out Logan's softer side. Plus, he was simply the coolest of them all. It just wasn't a significant story.
    Overall, though, I agree with you. Few writers these days "get" Kurt. He's more an interesting curiosity to them than an actual character with an inner life.

I would argue that in terms of friends Kurt is just as close to Brian as he is to Wolverine these days.
    I very much doubt that. Logan and Kurt just gel in a way he and Brian never did.

Kurt doesn't need to be the leader in order to be his usual self.
    No, he doesn't, but I think he's better off away from the X-men, because there, he keeps being forced into a one-dimensional role. In Excalibur, we saw him at his full potential and there's no room for that in the X-men. If Excalibur Kurt came back, it would be all-too-apparent just how uncharismatic Cyclops is and that's something the writers these days are not going to stand for.

I think a great role for Kurt would be to spend time with a younger character, like Wolverine always gets to do.
    Yes! Pixie and Kurt could be far more interesting together than any Logan/girl sidekick pairing. It must happen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    He doesn't, no. But I do think it sucks that he did a good job of being a leader for quite some time, and yet people like Havok can belittle him for it. Havok was far from a great leader himself, now...
    I think it's well-established that Austen did not know what he was talking about. Let's ignore.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Kurt and Betsy. We all know it's perfect.
    It would certainly be interesting. But until Claremont surrenders Betsy it's a no go.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

HoM Nightcrawler. I love the ponytail.
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    HoM Nightcrawler. I love the ponytail.
    I'm not feeling it. What's up with his face?

Kurt is cute.....my appreciation.
    ...the girl who lives behind the aura, behind the curtain, behind the burqa.

For a little surreality... here's NightCREEPER, from the Amalgam Universe's JLX!

It Came From Darkmoor...

ok, Kurt has always been one of my favorite x-men, so to address/agree with some people.....
    • yes definatley furry [there is a scene in AOA x-calibre when damask is talking about stipping his velvet pelt].
    • Meggan changed her form because how brian made her feel, hence when he wasn't around or being a dick she changed her form.
    • Kurt and pixie would be great although second time he's develops a friendly relationship with someone called meggan [even if its spelt different]
    • Kurt and amanda i never liked its always been a bit incestuous [spelling is useless] she was virtually his sister growing up.