Page 397 of 672 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Not very nice Bendis.
    Yeah, I read that today. :( That isn't the first snide comment Bendis has made about Nightcrawler or even Nightcrawler fans.

Who the hell is Poink, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Yeah, I read that today. :( That isn't the first snide comment Bendis has made about Nightcrawler or even Nightcrawler fans.

Who the hell is Poink, anyway?
    Maybe it's the sound Illyana makes when she teleports?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Sundowhn, DnA is Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning who wrote Kurt in the Magik mini. They also wrote a lot of Marvels more recent Cosmic stuff. Nothing against remender its just his style doesnt seem to gel with the type of Kurt I want to read.

I honestly didnt find Bendis all that offensive. He is dead. Most people think he's gonna return next year anyway. I doubt they'd spoil it if there were plans.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Sundowhn, DnA is Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning who wrote Kurt in the Magik mini. They also wrote a lot of Marvels more recent Cosmic stuff.
    Ah, okay, then I agree. I liked the mini.

I honestly didnt find Bendis all that offensive. He is dead. Most people think he's gonna return next year anyway. I doubt they'd spoil it if there were plans.
    Yeah, Bendis just shares the general attitude there. They liked saying stuff like that about Jean Grey as well. Whether Kurt returns or remains the single poster child for dead is dead remains to be seen.

@KurtW95 Could be

Culturally Silver. FuzzyBlueElf's Avatar

Poink sounds like a Ludo counter falling to a wooden floor...

It doesn't have the Splitting through reality sound of "Bamf!" just my thoughts on it haha!

All kidding aside is the first issue of X-termination worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    All kidding aside is the first issue of X-termination worth picking up?
    It won't start until the end of this month with Astonishing XM #59.

Thats why I dont get why people keep asking when they know this is what they'll get. You just set yourself up. I doubt Bendis would have anything to do with Kurt anyways. People should stop giving them so much power. To be frank I sometimes wonder why they have an "T and A" since they obviously don't like answering questions.

Some Alan Davis love.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 02-10-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Thats why I dont get why people keep asking when they know this is what they'll get. You just set yourself up.
    Alan Davis is always good. :)

I expect people keep asking in part because they care about the character but also in part to keep reminding Marvel that fans of Nightcrawler are still around. We haven't all just gone away. For the past decade or so, they've been trying to make the character irrelevant and probably hoping fans will forget all about him and shift their interest to the "wonderful" Wolverine, Cyclops or Storm. If no one speaks up, they might believe they've succeeded. If we're silent, especially in public settings, apparently continuing to focus on editorial favourites is acceptable and what we want to see. /shrug

Regarding speaking with monetary support or no -- unless you specifically state loudly and often that the lack of Nightcrawler is why you don't buy anything, how will they know? They might assume it's because Wolverine isn't in enough titles yet. In short, why listen when they tell us to sit down and shut up?
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 02-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post

Regarding speaking with monetary support or no -- unless you specifically state loudly and often that the lack of Nightcrawler is why you don't buy anything, how will they know? They might assume it's because Wolverine isn't in enough titles yet. In short, why listen when they tell us to sit down and shut up?
    Exactly what I think. Unless people are vocal about why they won't buy things, then the protest is, frankly, pointless. These people aren't mind-readers. I think that those of us who do boycott should maybe be more assertive (unless you are, in which case, good on ya!).
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

[QUOTE=Sundowhn;16605889]Alan Davis is always good. :)

Regarding speaking with monetary support or no -- unless you specifically state loudly and often that the lack of Nightcrawler is why you don't buy anything, how will they know? They might assume it's because Wolverine isn't in enough titles yet. In short, why listen when they tell us to sit down and shut up?[/QUOTE

I honestly don't think they care and it's going to take someone with pull and a strong desire to use Kurt to bring him back, which there doesn't seem to be. We've heard of a few people that wanted to use Kurt but none that seem to want to use him as a lead character which is why we get his doppelgangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
    I honestly don't think they care and it's going to take someone with pull and a strong desire to use Kurt to bring him back, which there doesn't seem to be. We've heard of a few people that wanted to use Kurt but none that seem to want to use him as a lead character which is why we get his doppelgangers.
    PAD and Asmus wanted to use him as a major character but yeah, the Wolverine fans/writers want to keep him in a support roll. And only seem interested in him as far as Wolverine goes. Or Cyclops goes or Storm goes ect. ect. ect. If those characters egos get bigger there with be no room left for other characters lol.

I sort of see what you're saying Sundowhn but I think you guys are under the assumption that they care what we want. I still don't think its just about sales with them its who they feel personally should shine and no amount of nagging will change it. They must know how sick of Wolverine everyone is. They must know how much people love NC. They even allude to the former every once in a while in the comics. But anyway, people should do what they feel is best I suppose. But I certainly don't want someone to decide to use NC simply to shut people up but because they really want to do something with him. I personally think its easier to come back from death than limbo in the MU. Ive seen so many characters come back from death only to be mishandled or wall paper again.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 02-10-2013 at 02:39 PM.

@Andyb

Like DRogue said, PAD and Asmus wanted him, and if rumour can be believed, so did Remender. The editorial direction right now is to push Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and a couple of other characters of choice. The coming of the Cyclops/Hope obsession was what landed Nightcrawler back into priestly wallpaper, after Austen (yeah, yeah, I know) the solo and Claremont had tried to pull him out of it.

I sort of see what you're saying Sundowhn but I think you guys are under the assumption that they care what we want. I still don't think its just about sales with them its who they feel personally should shine and no amount of nagging will change it. They must know how sick of Wolverine everyone is. They must know how much people love NC. They even allude to the former every once in a while in the comics. But anyway, people should do what they feel is best I suppose. But I certainly don't want someone to decide to use NC simply to shut people up but because they really want to do something with him.
    Actually, no, I'm not assuming they care what fans think. They're a company, and first and foremost see the bottom line. I think that's what is behind Wolverine and (to a lesser degree) Storm's over-saturation in the books. I do agree that it's also very much editorial preference that determines direction, though. Cyclops was a favourite of Quesada and Lowe and that was a deliberate choice to push. They liked the character and wanted him in the spotlight, so we got 10 years of a remake and story arcs that revolved around him with most everyone else as supporting until he became popular by default. Emma was more malleable than Jean, so she got pushed alongside Cyclops. They tried to make people like Hope and failed, so decided to bring back Jean at the same age as Hope -- but they still got what they wanted, a teen-aged girl.

I think the only writers that have real input and say are the big names, like Bendis -- not to mention he wrote the preferred Avengers for quite some time. Depending on the success of current projects, Remender and Aaron might gain some say in things, but we'll see.

As far as bringing him back to shut people up....it works for me. It at least opens up possibilities, whereas now, there are none. It all depends on how determined Marvel is to keep him as a priest, and if they can be convinced that this intellectual property has some other value. The priest mess was the death knell for the character and what firmly landed him in the wallpaper, only pulled out to support more popular personalities. Marvel knows this. If they bring him back then allow some of the less well-known writers to express an interest or maybe pick the character up, we might get something of quality. I have a hard time imagining Asmus or Liu strapping the collar back on him with the associated lack of personality. The biggest hurdle is getting him back to a state where he can be used. The age range of current writers is still such where several of them have mentioned Nightcrawler in conjunction with swashbuckling and fun. Leave it a few more years, and a new crop of writers may only remember the angsty, overly religious guy as shown in the film. :(

Right now, Beast is their token freak, everyone else is pin-up material. There was a lot more to Nightcrawler than just the fact that he was a mutant who looked different, and it would be nice for Marvel to remember it.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 02-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Well, I'll argue that Logan has dropped in popularity and doesnt sell nearly as well as he used to. But they keep pushing him. Storm isnt as popular as she used to be either. I think you may be right on the Beast/Nighty thing.

Ok Kurt scan spam!

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 02-11-2013 at 01:49 PM.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Well, I'll argue that Logan has dropped in popularity and doesnt sell nearly as well as he used to. But they keep pushing him. Storm isnt as popular as she used to be either. I think you may be right on the Beast/Nighty thing.

Ok Kurt scan spam!

God, I loved the way his power was utilized in "Divided We Stand." It felt almost like the good ol' days. I also liked that he was portrayed as rational and diplomatic without necessarily being submissive or wimpy in that arc. Or maybe I just have a particular fondness for it, since it was the first real X-Men story I read.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

Ok Kurt scan spam!

Great scans! I love how his eyes are done in that first one. Divided we Stand was a good arc and I agree with Jinx, it was almost like old times for them.

I think Wolverine and Storm have fallen out of favour for old readers, but are probably still popular with more casual ones, maybe a little like Spiderman? :/