Page 391 of 672 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by smiling4ever View Post
    I really wanted him to have a normal girl but not one that was boring, was that too much to ask for?
    Well, Kitty is as close to a normal woman who isn't boring IMHO. She's practically the geek girl next door and doesn't have as an fantastical background as most X-Men. I know that coupling isn't everyone's cup of tea, though.

So.

I really do love simple pencil art. It captures some things that get lost in color IMHO.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 01-23-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Well, Kitty is as close to a normal woman who isn't boring IMHO. She's practically the geek girl next door and doesn't have as an fantastical background as most X-Men. I know that coupling isn't everyone's cup of tea, though.
    Yeah, it was adorable when she found out she was short-sighted, poor little thing ^ ^ !

I rather not think of Kurtty as a pairing, but only 'cause I like them soooooo much as friends, and there are so few boy-and-girl BFF...

I really do love simple pencil art. It captures some things that get lost in color IMHO.

I totally agree, I always draw that way and I often spoil my pictures when I colour and/or ink them. I hope I'll be able to do a pair now I've finished a work that was killing me.

Those pics, BTW, are honestly wonderful.
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-23-2013 at 02:50 AM.

I envy so much other artist's ease with color, as magnificent Larbesta... His works are overwhelming.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You_know_the_tune_by_Larbesta.jpg  
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-23-2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Edit: I don't know how to eliminate the attached image, sorry.

Those are gorgeous! I agree pencils often bring out something special. I really love that bottom one with its casual stance.

@March I'm not sure I've ever seen anything by Larbesta that I didn't like. :)

Gosh, I know! Although it's kinda implausible seeing Kurt playing almost any instrument, unfortunately, because of his fingers. I bet it upset him much more than his incompatibillity with keyboards . At least, he can take revenge with drums !

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    Gosh, I know! Although it's kinda implausible seeing Kurt playing almost any instrument, unfortunately, because of his fingers. I bet it upset him much more than his incompatibillity with keyboards . At least, he can take revenge with drums !
    Very true. I can see him getting along with Louis, from Princess Frog, too. ;)

I'm afraid I'm not very regular seeing last Disney movies --and when I say last I mean "The fox and the hound", more or less... I can't stand their musical omnipresence and spasmodic way of gesticulate. Maybe I have some problem with Broadway style, as Kurt has .

When watching Evolution..I really liked Kurtty...
    I have one question: Is Kitty and Kurt the same age?

Nope (in Marvel Universe terms). In fact, two of them are some of the few MU people whose age is exactly known. Kitty was thirteen at her first appearance (UXM v. 1 #129, 1980) and Kurt's 21st birthday was at UXM v. 1 Annual #4, 1980 too. So he is eight years older. Not so much --but enough depending on the case. IMO, it often seems there's bigger difference between them.
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-23-2013 at 06:17 AM.

They're the same age in Evo, but not in comics; in comics, Kitty is 13 when they meet, and Kurt is (presumably) over 20. That's why a lot of people don't like comics' Kitty/Kurt as a couple, I think; it's more of a younger sister/older brother relationship. I ship them a bit anyway, though, as long as it happens when Kitty is a bit older (obviously, to minimize the potential creepiness). Yet even I'm always torn; as March said, Kitty and Kurt are so great as friends, I get nervous a romantic relationship might damage that. But then... maybe it's still worth taking a chance ;)

@D. Rogue--those pencil drawings are too die for. I love all three but that third one is especially gorgeous :)

Actually, I know they are more age appropriate in Evo but I dont like Evo Kurty that much, probably because I didn't care for the evo versions of those characters. I still liked the show in general as a very AU tale but those will never be my favorite depictions of those two characters.

Ok, I definitely think I'm addicted to posting pictures and scans.

@ Marg, that last one I posted is definitely my favorite. Its so haunting to me.

@ March Hare, As an amateur artist I'm impressed with how others use color as well. I'm more traditional and havent mastered the computer colors yet. I always thought Larbesta was a woman.

I always thought Larbesta was a woman.
    See? In spite of my supposed "analytical mind", I keep falling into micromachismos as easy as anybody else, and I quickly asumed Larbesta was a man . Mea culpa. In part, that happens to me 'cause adjectives have no gender in English, so it's impossible to know which sex are 1st and 2nd persons. I'm not used to this grammar, but that's no excuse to my prejudice.

BTW, I've got some funny feeling in this thread. When I first came into it, I thought many of its members were men. I don't know why, I supposed it would be too easy the other way --women do love Nightcrawler, that's a fact, so this place may be a hide for those men who love him too for any reason. Nevertheless, it comes that most of us (all of us???) are women after all. More comfortable...but perhaps less intriguing .

@D-Rogue, it's absolutely lovely :') .
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-24-2013 at 05:22 AM.

BTW, I've got some funny feeling in this thread. When I first came into it, I thought many of its members were men. I don't know why, I supposed it would be too easy the other way --women do love Nightcrawler, that's a fact, so this place may be a hide for those men who love him too for any reason. Nevertheless, it comes that most of us (all of us???) are women after all. More comfortable...but perhaps less intriguing .
    Nah, not all of us. I think there's some mixture. :) Nightcrawler has a universal appeal, but I do think he was one of the first characters to be actively marketed towards female/gay readers, at least for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Nightcrawler has a universal appeal, but I do think he was one of the first characters to be actively marketed towards female/gay readers, at least for awhile.
    Really? Is there any official reference of it? Though I perfectly agree myself about his "universal appeal", of course.

Really? Is there any official reference of it? Though I perfectly agree myself about his "universal appeal", of course.
    I thought that was a commonly known thing, the same with Gambit and Longshot (to a lesser degree, as he was not as popular a character). I remember either Dave or Paty talking about it unofficially. Dave had said he was surprised at how much comment he got from female readers about the character early on, and then Claremont developed it further. He was the one who decided that Kurt thought it was great to be a blue devil, and then he and Davis really turned up the heat with the character in Excalibur.