Page 382 of 672 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 10072
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

Hi, gals and guys.

I'm afraid I'm too busy these days --I'm moving and there are some personal problems to resolve, so I can't take part of the thread though I'm reading and enjoy it (I liked very much Hank/Kurt theme!).

I wish I could draw for you a fine Christmas card (in fact, I did one several years ago with Kurt and Rogue as a dance couple, night dress, champagne and all, but I can't find it! ), but I'm working now and I won't have a chance to do it this evening, so I'll wish you a happy new year with this pic of a fellow countryman of mine.

FELIZ 2013, RONDADORES Y RONDADORAS!

PS: MILAN is the most popular (hundred-year-old) eraser company from my country.
    Last edited by March Hare; 12-31-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Ok, why is Kurt like naked ( and... with gold wrist cuffs >>; ), or maybe he has pants, while everyone else is fully clothed? I know Del Otto drew another pic with Kurt completely naked with discreetly covered nethers.

This should go in the exploitation thread.
    Hahahaha... Is there a context for this pic? Video game art, maybe...? I want to say that Kurt's not being exploited any more than Hulk, but Hulk's torn purple Bermuda short are actually pretty modest, at least when you consider that fact that it's totally uncertain what, if anything, Kurt is wearing on his bottom half... And then or course there's the matter of those bracelets... LOL

Hello, Marg. I just want to say I finally read the latest chapter of your Kurty fic with Darkholme and I gotta say....
    Glad you liked it--your comments always make me feel (very possibly undeservedly) smart, the way you imbue my scribblings with so much depth and meaning (thanks for that!). I needed to write that chapter because I really wanted to explore how truly painful it must have been for Kitty to meet Kurt Darkholme, and also to explore some of the conflict between Kitty and Logan that feels so conspicuously absent from comics. But I do promise to do something happier next, I swear! :) And thanks for the Kurtty spam--those are always appreciated :) :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    Hi, gals and guys.

I'm afraid I'm too busy these days --I'm moving and there are some personal problems to resolve, so I can't take part of the thread though I'm reading and enjoy it (I liked very much Hank/Kurt theme!).

I wish I could draw for you a fine Christmas card (in fact, I did one several years ago with Kurt and Rogue as a dance couple, night dress, champagne and all, but I can't find it! ), but I'm working now and I won't have a chance to do it this evening, so I'll wish you a happy new year with this pic of a fellow countryman of mine.

FELIZ 2013, RONDADORES Y RONDADORAS!

PS: MILAN is the most popular (hundred-year-old) eraser company from my country.
    Sorry to hear your world's not at its best, Hare... Hopefully we can at least help amuse you as you get things sorted out. ;) Love that pic :P

Hi, gals and guys.

I hope the new year treats you better, March Hare!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I hope the new year treats everyone better. Maybe Nightcrawler's return..? Ah well, a girl can hope.

Hi, gals and guys.

Hey, I hope things settle for you soon! :-/

That Kurt piece is really neat, and you did it?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Hahahaha... Is there a context for this pic? Video game art, maybe...? I want to say that Kurt's not being exploited any more than Hulk, but Hulk's torn purple Bermuda short are actually pretty modest, at least when you consider that fact that it's totally uncertain what, if anything, Kurt is wearing on his bottom half... And then or course there's the matter of those bracelets... LOL
    Lol, I don't know! I was trying to find out on the source page to no avail. A thong, a loincloth maybe? The last would make the most sense with the gold cuffs. The blog seemed to think it was pretty normal.

Glad you liked it--your comments always make me feel (very possibly undeservedly) smart, the way you imbue my scribblings with so much depth and meaning (thanks for that!). I needed to write that chapter because I really wanted to explore how truly painful it must have been for Kitty to meet Kurt Darkholme, and also to explore some of the conflict between Kitty and Logan that feels so conspicuously absent from comics. But I do promise to do something happier next, I swear! :) And thanks for the Kurtty spam--those are always appreciated :) :) :)
    Thanks! I'm actually feeling a bit blindsided that I could make someone feel smart in that way. But yeah, I cant wait for more. I'm sure the lack of Kitty/Logan has a lot to do with the fragile house of cards this new turning point for Logan has been, similar to the romanticization of the Logurt friendship by Marvel now that Kurts dead. Especially given how unhealthy it has become, especially for Kurt. As I've pointed out in another board, Kurt has become just a prop for Logan's 'humanity' - Dead Kurt, Wagoneer and Darkholme. Sigh.

Ok, I'm not sure if this has been posted here or not (it seems slightly familiar) but man is it funny. Its an old X-Men coloring book from the 80's. By the words Kurt sounds pissed but his face looks like he is amused.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 01-01-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Especially given how unhealthy it has become, especially for Kurt. As I've pointed out in another board, Kurt has become just a prop for Logan's 'humanity' - Dead Kurt, Wagoneer and Darkholme. Sigh.
    Agree. He's ever the supporting character to develop the "real" one. Marvel doesn't seem want to bother to develop him on his own (or maybe they no longer know how to).
    Ok, I'm not sure if this has been posted here or not (it seems slightly familiar) but man is it funny. Its an old X-Men coloring book from the 80's. By the words Kurt sounds pissed but his face looks like he is amused.
    That's cute! I remember some of the old issues of X-Men being like that, as well. There would be some moment that was intended to be humorous and the character would be shown as snarling, or vice versa. Ah, vintage. :)

Agree. He's ever the supporting character to develop the "real" one. Marvel doesn't seem to want to bother to develop him on his own (or maybe they no longer know how to).
    Yeah, but they are like 'We tried to with the Draco' or his mini but they hardly promoted the latter and the Draco seemed like a rushed thing, almost comical and flip to me. Its as if Austen didn't even take it seriously (other than the response he got). If that's the reason look at what Origins did for Logan. His popularity dropped like crazy but they still continued to push him anyway despite backlash, they kept trying, but they give up too quickly with Kurt. Its definitely about pet characters.

That's cute! I remember some of the old issues of X-Men being like that, as well. There would be some moment that was intended to be humorous and the character would be shown as snarling, or vice versa. Ah, vintage. :)
    Lol, I know! I should really pull out some old scans from the 70's.

Some fan art, with Kurt and Hank in this too.

Wow, Kurt even thinks naked. o.O
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 01-02-2013 at 10:47 AM.

His popularity dropped like crazy but they still continued to push him anyway despite backlash, they kept trying, but they give up too quickly with Kurt. Its definitely about pet characters.
    I'd say that's definitely the case, about pet characters. To me, it seems like ever since Quesada took over, Kurt has been completely overlooked. Quesada likes Cyclops and wanted to push the character, so when he was EIC, he used creators/writers with the same agenda. Wolverine's popularity in the films ensured that he would be used. Storm being the only A-list minority character wrote her ticket. (Don't get me wrong, all of these characters have been enjoyable to read about at different times over the years., but that doesn't mean I want the totality of the X-Men to only be about them.) Alonso was one of Quesada's guys, as is Nick Lowe. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that Claremont was no longer welcomed as an x-writer because he refused to tote the company line, in regards to creative focus.

For whatever reason, Quesada and crew don't seem to care for Nightcrawler as a character meriting any kind of attention. Who else is their only poster child for "dead is dead"? Jean is back (again), Xavier's brain is active in Red Skull, Cable was back the same year he died. What's the deal?

On a slightly separate, but related note, in the last issue of ANXM, Iceman referred to Beast as "Fuzzy". It's a little inconsequential thing but it made me utterly furious. It's like they pretend that other furry blue guy never existed. They even refer to Hank as the "heart and soul" of the X-Men now. I guess one blue character is enough for Marvel. Though again, don't get me wrong, because I like the character of Beast, I just don't get the Marvel mentality.

Some fan art, with Kurt and Hank in this too.
    I like the one with the personality bamf cloud. :P

Oh... my... god... I had to look up the rest of that colouring book, and it is seriously one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Anyone who has not read it in its entirety needs to do so ASAP: http://io9.com/5946584/the-1983-x+me...ic-masterpiece

Here is the page that follows the above. I love Kurt's nonchalance followed by his hilarious comeuppance, lol.

On a slightly separate, but related note, in the last issue of ANXM, Iceman referred to Beast as "Fuzzy". It's a little inconsequential thing but it made me utterly furious. It's like they pretend that other furry blue guy never existed. They even refer to Hank as the "heart and soul" of the X-Men now. I guess one blue character is enough for Marvel. Though again, don't get me wrong, because I like the character of Beast, I just don't get the Marvel mentality.
    I'm not reading "All New," but I did see the page with that "fuzzy" line on scans_daily. I definitely don't want to over-read the significance of it, though I admit I also found it a bit depressing. But it would have been great (though, obviously, really sad) if that little line was the thing that finally pushed Kitty over the edge (especially considering it was Bobby who said it). All her repressed pain and anger should have just flooded forth like a torrent, as she hurled an admiring Bamf from her shoulder. Ah well. Maybe it was a silent, internal rebellion...

Seriously, though, it's always seemed difficult for writers to conceive of Kurt and Hank existing in the same place at the same time. That's why I'm so fascinated by those instances where people do try to trace out differences between them and/or put them in conflict with each other--ideally, they could be used side-by-side to make a point about how there are different ways to react to being different.
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 01-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.

I'm not reading "All New," but I did see the page with that "fuzzy" line on scans_daily. I definitely don't want to over-read the significance of it, though I admit I also found it a bit depressing. But it would have been great (though, obviously, really sad) if that little line was the thing that finally pushed Kitty over the edge (especially considering it was Bobby who said it). All her repressed pain and anger should have just flooded forth like a torrent, as she hurled an admiring Bamf from her shoulder. Ah well. Maybe it was a silent, internal rebellion...
    Have these "Bamfs" showed up in any other titles outside of Psycho Hobbit and the X-Men? I wait for the cheap trades for most titles on Amazon.com so I may be out of the loop.

Speaking of the "bamfs", we may have have a little traction on the issue In W&TXM #22.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watxm22a 001.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	106671
    A bamf in formaldehyde and a map of Azazel's island Isla Des Demonas is shown.

And of course, on the next page, a brainwashed Kitty ambushes Trevor while totally oblivious to these items.

Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

LOL! Did you mean like this?

I was so young when I first read this issue that I didn't even know it was a quote from "Hamlet" --I couldn't understand the words nor the mood. Later I found it out, and I always wondered if Cockrum couldn't draw it fittingly or if he neither knew what he was drawing .

You bet! 2012 has been a perfect bitch to me for several reasons. Not you, people, you all have supplied a lot of fun. Thanks !

LOL! Did you mean like this?

I was so young when I first read this issue that I didn't even know it was a quote from "Hamlet" --I couldn't understand the words nor the mood. Later I found it out, and I always wondered if Cockrum couldn't draw it fittingly or if he neither knew what he was drawing .
    Yep! The art of comics has changed so much over the years, hasn't it? I mean I love looking at some of the older stuff, but back then, it wasn't the same specialized art form that it's developed into now. It was more about bright colours and stand out, eye-catching imagery, rather than using the art to help tell whatever story was going, with attention to backgrounds, expressions, tones and colours. I think they hadn't yet grasped the idea of subtle mood set up...lol. Even as much as I LOVE Claremont/Davis Excalibur, a lot of it was still very brash.

You bet! 2012 has been a perfect bitch to me for several reasons. Not you, people, you all have supplied a lot of fun. Thanks !
    This place is one of my escapes, too. ;)

*BAMF!* I'm back! any news on The Kurt front or are Marvel still being Wet Lederhosen?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...83799815_n.jpg I know you guys have probably seen this but a friend of mine sent me this like a month back I know I seem to talk about Darkholme alot but that's because he's the only alternate version of Kurt that they are using that I like

I'm still annoyed that this X-Termination event will not have the real Kurt Wagner in it instead we're gonna have Waggoner to try and help Darkholme oh that's brilliant isn't it? What we've been wanting for ages! a Teen Kurt confronting AoA Kurt it's not like we want the original to confront him or anything... (Gee with all the alternate version appearing it's ridiculous it's like Marvel are trying everything except what we've asked them for)

Marvel don't expect any money from me until you bring Kurt Back and reunite the X-men.

we'll see what happens, eh? but I want the real kurt to be a leader of his own team; he would be ashamed at Cyclops' behavior in AvX...