Page 379 of 672 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 10066
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Perhaps the smell precedes him...
    I bet the x-men have a lot of febreze
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    @ March Hare, I pointed that out about Longshot a ways back and I'm wondering if that was Claremont speaking through Kurt. I remember reading that CC still had plans for those X-Men, though I could be wrong . That scene sort of reminds me of PADs Polaris/Havok scene. Its kinda glaring.
    Yeah, I suppose Claremont was a bit disappointed about the idea of get by X-Men without Kitty and Kurt, obviously two of his fav characters (specially she, I believe). So he couldn't help kicking intruder's butt, LOL. Fortunately, after that he did a splendid work as much with Longshot in Silvestri's UXM as with Kurt in Davis' Excalibur.

I've never been a huge Longshot fan myself, but, yeah, he has his moments. I could definitely see there being a bit of redundancy with Kurt and Longshot both on the team. But since that occasion of Kurt's leaving led to Excalibur, I've got no hard feelings :) I like the jealousy thing you brought up, as that's something I've often wondered about between Kurt and Hank as well...
    Longshot is in some way turning up a notch with Kurt. Similar fangs, one more finger, no tail but strange spine, being a fool far beyond playing the fool, women (and men!) gut attraction ("born to be a bitch", I think he said in X-Factor), and worst of all...HOLLOW BONES! Green envy to any self-respecting acrobat! Kurt really should hate Longshot for that: though it was never fixed as canon, I think most of us agree that Kurt's nimbleness and agility are the fruit of his own hard work, not a mutant gift.

Nevertheless, I really would like there had been more interaction between two of them. They'd enjoy very much at woods hide-and-seek, as their counterparts at Ultimate X-Men #55-56 (sorry, I'm moving from home and I can't find a pic now: I'll post it later).

Here a LoNgurt fan art --I'll do my own when work gives me a break :P :

Last edited by March Hare; 12-20-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    Nevertheless, I really would like there had been more interaction between two of them. They'd enjoy very much at woods hide-and-seek, as their counterparts at Ultimate X-Men #55-56 (sorry, I'm moving from home and I can't find a pic now: I'll post it later).
    Allow me--happy to help if it inspires you to make some pretty art :D

From UXM #55... Kurt seems so calm here about having a knife in his gut :S

And #56...

I have a question about Ultimate, if anyone knows. I remember reading what people had said about Ult Kurt kidnapping Alison and was it Jean that said how twisted he was? Anyway, what issues were those from? Does anyone happen to have scans? I've only read a smattering of UXM, as I've run across them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I have a question about Ultimate, if anyone knows. I remember reading what people had said about Ult Kurt kidnapping Alison and was it Jean that said how twisted he was? Anyway, what issues were those from? Does anyone happen to have scans? I've only read a smattering of UXM, as I've run across them.
    UXM Annual #2

I enjoyed it very much, although I know many of Kurt fans rant about it. I like AU developments --the more different, the better. That's why I enjoyed a lot killer and liar Ultimate Longshot, too. I found specially interesting the idea of paramilitar training as a source of mental illness.

Allow me--happy to help if it inspires you to make some pretty art :D

From UXM #55... Kurt seems so calm here about having a knife in his gut :S
    Thanks, Marg, you always on hand to help !

And yes, the poor result of Arcade's stab surprised me a lot, too .

UXM Annual #2

I enjoyed it very much, although I know many of Kurt fans rant about it. I like AU developments --the more different, the better. That's why I enjoyed a lot killer and liar Ultimate Longshot, too. I found specially interesting the idea of paramilitar training as a source of mental illness.
    Thanks! It was interesting, though very sad. Whatever happened to the character afterwards? Seems that I read he was another death in the series, but in the interim.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 12-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.

It was Rogue, actually; she saw inside Kurt's mind when she touched him. I don't hate Ultimate Kurt as a concept, but the handling of mental illness was a bit... suspect. Basically, Xavier promises to "psychically heal him" (which sounds a bit uncomfortably like brain washing) but then doesn't even do that; he just keeps him sedated and restrained for an unknown period of time. To me, those actions, combined with Rogue's comments, made it seem a lot more like "this guy is point-blank evil" than a serious (or even just interesting) exploration of mental illness. /shrug

Ultimate X-Men was my first real comics encounter with Kurt, years before I read "regular" X-Men. I remember thinking his visual and powers were cool, especially in the Weapon X arc when he was first introduced, but my interest waned after that, especially following all of the other X-Men writing him off so completely following Annual #2. I actually wondered if they were using Kurt as an example of the possibility that some people are "actually" evil (or maybe just irredeemable), but I don't know if that's true, or just an effect of dangling plot threads.

It was Rogue, actually; she saw inside Kurt's mind when she touched him. I don't hate Ultimate Kurt as a concept, but the handling of mental illness was a bit... suspect. Basically, Xavier promises to "psychically heal him" (which sounds a bit uncomfortably like brain washing) but then doesn't even do that; he just keeps him sedated and restrained for an unknown period of time. To me, those actions, combined with Rogue's comments, made it seem a lot more like "this guy is point-blank evil" than a serious (or even just interesting) exploration of mental illness. /shrug

Ultimate X-Men was my first real comics encounter with Kurt, years before I read "regular" X-Men. I remember thinking his visual and powers were cool, especially in the Weapon X arc when he was first introduced, but my interest waned after that, especially following all of the other X-Men writing him off so completely following Annual #2. I actually wondered if they were using Kurt as an example of the possibility that some people are "actually" evil (or maybe just irredeemable), but I don't know if that's true, or just an effect of dangling plot threads.
    Thanks for the scans! It seems, just from what little I know, that Ultimate Xavier was kind of dodgy in his morals. If his solution was to "fix" Kurt by altering the structure of his mind, that's a little extreme. I'm going to go back and read through these to get a better idea.

Ha, if that was your first encounter with Kurt, I'm amazed you became a fan! Again, from the little I've seen, it seems like a very different (and dark) take on the character.

Thanks! It was interesting, though very sad. Whatever happened to the character afterwards? Seems that I read he was another death in the series, but in the interim.
    He dies in Ultimatum, but I think it was off-panel (someone should feel free to correct me if that's not true). There was some semi-interesting stuff where Kurt joins, and then takes over as leader of the Morlocks (after killing Sunder as a last resort to save Cyclops). He has a brief reunion with the X-Men, but then kind of turns evil again by getting hooked on a power-boosting drug like, the same day (oh Ultimate Marvel--never a dull moment, lol). The Morlocks issues are worth reading, though. Here are some scans.

UXM#82...

Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.

And UXM #83...

It was Rogue, actually; she saw inside Kurt's mind when she touched him. I don't hate Ultimate Kurt as a concept, but the handling of mental illness was a bit... suspect. Basically, Xavier promises to "psychically heal him" (which sounds a bit uncomfortably like brain washing) but then doesn't even do that; he just keeps him sedated and restrained for an unknown period of time. To me, those actions, combined with Rogue's comments, made it seem a lot more like "this guy is point-blank evil" than a serious (or even just interesting) exploration of mental illness. /shrug [...] I actually wondered if they were using Kurt as an example of the possibility that some people are "actually" evil (or maybe just irredeemable), but I don't know if that's true, or just an effect of dangling plot threads.
    I bet the second one. I think writers simply didn't even bother to develop the original idea and Rogue's line finished as the typical "loose end" --that upset me a lot .

It seems, just from what little I know, that Ultimate Xavier was kind of dodgy in his morals.
    Oh, 616 Xavier isn't dodgy? Ahem!

There was some semi-interesting stuff where Kurt joins, and then takes over as leader of the Morlocks (after killing Sunder as a last resort to save Cyclops). He has a brief reunion with the X-Men, but then kind of turns evil again by getting hooked on a power-boosting drug like, the same day (oh Ultimate Marvel--never a dull moment, lol)
    IMO, it had been much more interesting follow the Morlock arc instead of the X-Men reunion, but you know, beautiful people is beautiful people and tramps don't rule... Bah!

BTW, Immonen art is simply delicious...and Larroca is a disaster :/ . I'm sorry 'cause he's my compatriot, but look at what did another Spanish fan-artist from our same generation, Juanjo Guarnido, and try to explain Marvel selection criteria...

Fortunately, Juanjo found a better fate in Europe. Yum!

http://blacksad-gallery.blogspot.com.es/
    Last edited by March Hare; 12-21-2012 at 02:28 AM.

IMO, it had been much more interesting follow the Morlock arc instead of the X-Men reunion, but you know, beautiful people is beautiful people and tramps don't rule... Bah!
    It breaks my heart a bit when Kurt says that thing about being "the ugly one," but then I realize it's complicated. I know this sounds super-corny, but I honestly do believe that beauty is in the soul (or whatever you want to call it)--that beauty is more than anything about attitude. Much as I'm guilty of fetishizing Kurt, 616 Kurt is still beautiful primarily because of who he is. That I really had no interest in Ultimate Kurt but fell almost immediately in love with Claremont Kurt seems to prove that.

BTW, Immonen art is simply delicious...and Larroca is a disaster :/ . I'm sorry 'cause he's my compatriot, but look at what did another Spanish fan-artist from our same generation, Juanjo Guarnido, and try to explain Marvel selection criteria...

Fortunately, Juanjo found a better fate in Europe. Yum!

http://blacksad-gallery.blogspot.com.es/
    I definitely love Immomen; he does great variation and expressions. I'd agree with you about Larroca except that gosh darn do I miss him now that Greg Land has taken over for him on Iron Man Guarnido is in a league of his own, though. Every time I see his Blacksad stuff I promise myself I'm going to read it, but then I never seem like I have any time...

...probably because I'm too busy writing fanfic. On that note, here's a new Kitty/Kurt chapter, though this one is actually Kitty and Kurt Darkholme (dum dum dum... lol).

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8664352/...rt-and-Forever

You do have a point. :P

Yeah, because he was scumified along with Scott, Logan ect. And now we have Darkholme. What is the point of Ultimate now? 616 can give that darker AU a run for its money." Dark and edgy" has become too commonplace.

Lol, I love how in that Inferno pic we can see everyone's head but with Logan we only see his claws.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 12-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.