Page 378 of 672 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 10072
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

Me, I find him close to the most depraved Bowie. It's the only thing I like of Darkholme .

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Really? That's so weird. Though I identify as an atheist, my perspective on that line from "Imagine" isn't so literal; I thought it referred more to negative faction-y manifestations of religion (pertaining specifically to the phenomenon of religious wars) than to religion or spiritually as a concept. I mean, Lennon himself embraced aspects of various Indian religions. Forcing people not to have religion is as bad as forcing people to have it, and I don't see intolerance being a particularly strong character trait of Lennon's (something I'd like to think he had in common with Kurt).
    Another classic X-Men/Beatles crossover:

It makes me sad 'cause you know Abbey Road cover is often explained as a funeral cortege (though Paul/Piotr was supposed to be the corpse --"I am the walrus" and all that bullshit about his fake death), but Kurt is John there, and both of them are dead... *sigh*

As a lethal fan of The Beatles myself, I can't imagine Kurt -being a good tasted and educated person- not liking their music. That line of Lennon, forgetting about it doesn't belong to beatle catalog, is not reason enough to reject a whole group work. Maybe must we agree with all idea expressed by people we admire? Why, that's absolutely impossible! What about personal freedom? It's so absurd as stating I could not be fan of Kurt because I am agnostic and pacifist while he's a violent fundamentalist.

I agree with Marg: both Kurt and John are well-known by their spirit of tolerance (at least playing to the gallery, te-hee).
    Last edited by March Hare; 12-17-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    Me, I find him close to the most depraved Bowie. It's the only thing I like of Darkholme .
    OMG, yes. Specifically from his coked-out Thin White Duke/Man who Fell to Earth period.

Sorry none of those are a legitimate smile, but you get the idea :P Damn, I totally want to go watch that movie now... Except I remember it opening with a Rip Torn sex scene, and it might be a bit too early in the morning here for that, lol.
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-17-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Oh yeah! But I think, apart from the 70s Aladdin Sane make up,

Darkholme is closer to David in his (splendid) 50:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/little-wonder

Great Bowie pics, especially with the lightning bolt! I may have to go back and watch the film mentioned. Here are some Hannibal ones to go with it.

Kid Kurt and Darkholme are going to interact during X-xanction isnt that interresting?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.maikel View Post
    Kid Kurt and Darkholme are going to interact during X-xanction isnt that interresting?
    Could be. Hopefully, it will be well-written. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Great Bowie pics, especially with the lightning bolt! I may have to go back and watch the film mentioned. Here are some Hannibal ones to go with it.

I haven't seen Hannibal Rising but yeah, I can see that ref for sure. *shiver*

One last Bowie thing because we're on a role and I can't resist... In addition to his tendency to paint lighning bolts on his face, let's not forget Bowie's Nightcrawler-esque penchant for pointy shoulder pads ;)

I haven't seen Hannibal Rising but yeah, I can see that ref for sure. *shiver*
    You should watch it sometime, though I found the novel better. It was impossible for me to not see the parallels, once Darkholme was brought into UXF. Hannibal Rising is meant to be the making of the monster, but some of the themes in the story could be about either character -- tragic and horrifying circumstances beyond the main character's control that slowly start to unhinge his mind, his obsessive need for revenge because of love that takes over all aspects of his life (in the case of Hannibal, for his sister), his inhuman self-control or refusal to show emotion or weakness (ref conversation between Logan and Darkholme regarding Blob -- Logan: An' how personal is it between you two? Darkholme: no more than the rest of them), and even Hannibal was depicted as having a soft spot for those he deemed weaker than himself or those who shared common experiences (Kolnas' daughter, other orphans --- Darkholme in Otherworld). Then of course, the fact that his rage has taken over pretty much every aspect of his personality -- he's otherwise emotionally hollow. His only pleasure is derived from revenge (Hannibal's smile of satisfaction, Darkholme claiming Blob's death rattle was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.)

The actor in the film shows all these things very convincingly.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 12-18-2012 at 04:52 AM.

One last Bowie thing because we're on a role and I can't resist... In addition to his tendency to paint lighning bolts on his face, let's not forget Bowie's Nightcrawler-esque penchant for pointy shoulder pads ;)

Wunderbar!

Please let me post only one Bowie song in German, from his most Germanophile stage, about (super)heroes. I promise not mention him from now on

The next one, Nina Hagen !
    Last edited by March Hare; 12-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.

^That's awesome! I'd never heard the German version of that. Bowie's Berlin phase is my favourite (not to mention Iggy Pop and Brian Eno, who were also hanging with him and making my fav albums of theirs). Anyway, I, too, apologize for all the Bowie--I swear I'll come up with a good Kurt-specific post ASAP. :P

Here we go, part one of my promised exploration of Kurt and Hank's relationship. I have mixed feelings about this scene. I sort of like the implication that when you need to send a guy to talk someone down, you send Kurt; at least it suggests Kurt's a guy people can trust to bring the empathy (though how much empathy he really brings here is debatable). But I don't like what a dick Hank is to him with his "I've seen things that would appall you if you knew" line. Really, Hank? Because your life is so much darker, complex, multiple-dimension and magic-filled than Kurt's? Really? But whatever--I'll chalk it up to sleep-deprived grumpiness.

From X-Men #204 (the Endangered Species back-up story).

I should also add that among the things I like is how not-surprised Hank is to find Kurt inside his window first thing in the morning, lol.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I think if I was an X-man I think I'd get use to seeing Nightcrawler popping up out of nowhere real quick
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

And what a nice surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I think if I was an X-man I think I'd get use to seeing Nightcrawler popping up out of nowhere real quick
    Perhaps the smell precedes him...