Page 374 of 672 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 10068

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Anyway, just some random thoughts on Kurt Wagner with varying degrees of seriousness...

Interestingly enough, Logan referred to Kurt as a loose end to Scott before he went after him in Germany in MCP’s with their big reunion. I wonder if they kiss the same. And does this seem like an even more dickish line considering what both characters put him through with both respective stories. Logan letting Kurt think he was dead, he was really wrecked about it for a long time, and Amanda with the soul sword thing, the lying and disappearing.
    Amanda also called Kurt “Bub” once or twice in the comics. Did Logan steal Kurt’s image inducer and pretend to be Amanda?

Also, I remember thinking Maverick might have been revealed to be Kurts father in his earlier appearances, he was an intel agent so he would have crossed paths with Raven. He has the same hair and is German. Uh, he can get a bit long winded. Also some of the things he says like “it would have been less dramatic,” he’s a bit of a showboat.
    First of all, I like your Amanda/Logan identity confusion conspiracy theory. I also noticed the "bub" thing, but I always wrote it off as a Claremont-ism (though I'm not sure if it was him doing that every time). But then, that issue of Unlimited your first pic is from had enough weird identity confusion, what with the whole mom-girlfriend body-swap... On that note, I always found it sort of creepy the way Kurt's eyes are open in that kissing pic--like maybe he doesn't trust Amanda not to turn back into his mom at any moment. (Jokes but then not jokes, given the dickish, taking-Kurt-for-granted behaviour you observe as at times characteristic of both Logan and Amanda)

Maverick for Kurt's daddy, huh? I guess it might have worked, back in the day. I didn't even know for the longest time that the Agent Zero they did in the Wolverine Origins movie was supposed to be him... The best review I ever read of that movie had some line like: "Well, Wolverine Origins does one thing well, and that's to make you hate Agent Zero."
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-02-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Never really like Wolverine being Nightcrawler's best friend anyway...
    *gasp* Sacrilege! I was wracking my brain trying to think of my very favourite Kurt/Logan scene to post in response, but I really couldn't decide, knowing I could easily loose far too many hours to blissful back issue browsing even trying to narrow it down. So... This is cheating, but I can't really do much better than this one from Marvel Comics Presents #102 that D.Rogue posted over on LJ a few weeks back. It's one of my all-time, hands-down favs because it's funny, sad, and sweet all at once--the essence of what made their relationship great. (To me, anyway! :P)

Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Hello, Nightcrawler fans! I was just wondering if the Fuzzy Blue Elf, was around in comics now, what kind of direction would you like to see him travel? Which of the current writers, do you believe would be the best in chronicling the adventures you would enjoy Kurt taking. Bonus ? Who would you most like to see Kurt interact with in the DC Universe? I do hope that you Kurt fans don't have to wait long for him to reappear in the comics. Be Well.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    Hello, Nightcrawler fans! I was just wondering if the Fuzzy Blue Elf, was around in comics now, what kind of direction would you like to see him travel? Which of the current writers, do you believe would be the best in chronicling the adventures you would enjoy Kurt taking. Bonus ? Who would you most like to see Kurt interact with in the DC Universe? I do hope that you Kurt fans don't have to wait long for him to reappear in the comics. Be Well.
    I would like to see him interact with Nightwing

those two would have a LOT of fun together
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Regarding direction, at his height of popularity (probably the Excalibur era), he was a combination of the Captain Jack Sparrow personality archetype (minus the drunkenness), with the compassion and loyalty of a Samwise. ;-) I mean, this was a great concept. Here was a male character that completely broke out of the stereotypical, hyper-masculine mold of comic books. He was funny and intelligent, he was brave, he was believable in his insecurities and doubts, and he used cunning and trickery over brute strength. He was also depicted with a deep empathy for his friends and team mates, and not afraid to show it. What other adult male character in comics can you name that has all that? It wasn't until Marvel turned him into a very flat rendition of a priest that the character fell in popularity and got used for a shock death to boost sales and impact Wolverine's own development.

I personally liked the character best when he was the off-the-wall leader of Excalibur. Again, that struck me as unique. Most team leaders had historically been represented as overly serious, controlling, front and centre in focus and your basic type A boss. Nightcrawler presented a different type of leader, though just as effective. That fact changed the dynamics of the team and allowed for equal focus across the ranks. But, the X-Men probably have enough leader types, or, more likely, they wouldn't put Nightcrawler in that position as shown when former Excalibur members returned to the fold. In the very least, I'd like to see him used as a prominent member of some team.

As far as someone to write him, I'd just like a writer that gets the character. I'd want them to resist the urge to plant him back in the role of background supporting character, there only to listen to the angst of team mates. I'd want a writer to see the validity and appeal of Nightcrawler as someone readers can relate to.

Pairing with DC? Green Lantern or Catwoman, maybe, though I'm not really a follower of DC. :)

I can't say where I'd specifically like to see Kurt when/if he comes back, or what I'd like to see him doing. I'd just be happy to see him get back to being that mixture of fun and compassion I first fell for, someone who was a valuable member of a team because he brought something different to the table in terms of both character and skill set. For writers, I wouldn't mind seeing Marjorie Liu taking a crack at him, but I'm not married to that choice.

I really can't think of anyone from the DCU I'd be super anxious to see Kurt team up with... I think he may be better off staying away from there, TBH. But I do frequently dream of a vintage X-Men/vintage Hellboy and BPRD team-up. I think I'd go: Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Kitty teaming with Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and Liz Sherman on some kind of supernatural-y, haunted-y thing... Clearly, my imagination works better for character interactions than plots, lol. The personality combustion of Kitty and Liz alone would be epic :)

I couldn't find a straight-up X-Men/BPRD fan art mashup... So I made one with statuettes! It was faster than writing a whole fanfic :P

Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.

I'm not sure I would care too much as long as Kurt is back as something other than flat, religious-themed wallpaper. I wouldn't mind him returning and teaching at the Jean Grey School or doing something completely different like taking time off of any team involving Cyclops or Wolverine, perhaps reforming Excalibur. I've enjoyed the fun tone Remender's brought to Wolverine and the X-Men, and I've enjoyed a bit of Jason Aaron's work, but I'd be happy if any writer with an an interest in writing Nightcrawler got a shot. And if Nightcrawler were to ever cross paths with the DC Universe, I'd definitely like him to cross paths with Nightwing... or join forces with the Legion of Superheroes.

Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    OMG, look what I just found... I've seen these kicking around for other superheroes, but this is the first time I've found a Nightcrawler one. Thank you, internet, for once again making my day :P

http://www.polyvore.com/bamf_femme_n...et?id=41869183
    That's simply great (and really expensive, glups)!

But --red jacket, black trousers, white gloves, dark curly hair-- kinda Michael Jackson, LOL. I never noticed before!

"And now for something completely different" would be my motto. No annoying priest, no sandboy, no voice of reason. I'd rather like a Nightcrawler who's seen it all before and is a bit dissapointed and cynical. Just a bit, don't beat me ! I mean a Kurt with a slightly harsher humor, generous as well but not so ready to sacrifices and immaculate causes. It's logical. Someone loyal to his friends and lovers and interests rather than to high words. And definitely yes, teacher in Jean Grey School, as he always wanted to be. I don't mind if it means move him away from first line of action.

As for the fitting writer, I'm afraid I'm behind the times. Same for DC: I'm only fan of Vertigo, so I wouldn't mind see Kurt rubbing shoulders with Swamp Thing, John Constantine or Animal Man (at least, they are in his intellectual level ).

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    But --red jacket, black trousers, white gloves, dark curly hair-- kinda Michael Jackson, LOL. I never noticed before!
    Lol, I know. I made a stab at creating my own collage, but I couldn't go through with it; it became a Halloween costume way to quickly :P

"And now for something completely different" would be my motto. No annoying priest, no sandboy, no voice of reason. I'd rather like a Nightcrawler who's seen it all before and is a bit dissapointed and cynical. Just a bit, don't beat me ! I mean a Kurt with a slightly harsher humor, generous as well but not so ready to sacrifices and immaculate causes. It's logical. Someone loyal to his friends and lovers and interests rather than to high words. And definitely yes, teacher in Jean Grey School, as he always wanted to be. I don't mind if it means move him away from first line of action.
    I'm okay with Kurt getting a little meaner, when the situation demands it. He was written as such a pushover for so many years leading up to his death that I now find myself dreaming of him returning from the dead to deliver a few well-timed F***-yous to a select number of people. Not in a really violent way. More like the way the tell someone off when you're just really disappointed in them. So, just a clear, even-toned "F*** you," and then walk away. Don't know whether that's Kurt's style, but I don't care. I swear so much more than my comic book heroes, it's hard, sometimes, not to want them to throw around few f-bombs... especially to people (or writers?) who really deserve it ;)

Culturally Silver. FuzzyBlueElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Oh God, my feels.

I always kinda thought that the Maverick thing was implied to be the reason Logan was/is so attached to Kurt. Maverick was his best friend in Team X. Subconsciously, he realized that they were very similar.

Out of curiosity, just what exactly do you dislike about the Logurt friendship, FuzzyBlueElf? Not picking any fights, I just would like an explanation of your opinion so that we can properly agree to disagree.
    I don't mind Wolverine as a character he just annoyed me in his recent writing and such, but it's also other things like if Kurt is Logan's bestfriend how can not include Kurt in more stories with their cash cow?
    I'd just prefer if Kurt was best friends with someone like Gambit who also lightens the mood of X-men from time to time within the stories
    Yeah sorry if I sound like I'm hating on Wolverine ;)

I'm okay with Kurt getting a little meaner, when the situation demands it. He was written as such a pushover for so many years leading up to his death that I now find myself dreaming of him returning from the dead to deliver a few well-timed F***-yous to a select number of people. Not in a really violent way. More like the way the tell someone off when you're just really disappointed in them. So, just a clear, even-toned "F*** you," and then walk away. Don't know whether that's Kurt's style, but I don't care. I swear so much more than my comic book heroes, it's hard, sometimes, not to want them to throw around few f-bombs... especially to people (or writers?) who really deserve it ;)
    In fact, Kurt always had a bit sharp tongue:

I'd like these "implications" to be explored deeper, not in connection with Kitty herself, but in general: his impulse to put people in a huff now and then. And I'd like he vented the full force of his temper without so many remorse.
    Last edited by March Hare; 12-05-2012 at 05:28 AM.

In fact, Kurt always had a bit sharp tongue:

I'd like these "implications" to be explored deeper, not in connection with Kitty herself, but in general: his impulse to put people in a huff now and then. And I'd like he vented the full force of his temper without so many remorse.
    I was always very intrigued by that scene and yes, definitely wanted to know more about those "implications." I had Kurt ruminate about it in a fanfic one time, though I don't think I came up with anything especially interesting--just that Kurt did mean to hurt her, and was really frightened by that fact, and what it suggested about the nature of his relationship with Kitty.

I know this goes without saying, but I love the character work from the ol' Claremont era so much. Even though this got left a bit up in the air, it was so great to see addressed the possibility that Kurt would have some lingering hostility about the way Kitty first treated him. She doesn't "deserve" that crap from him, especially given how young she is, and everything she just went through, but it's just such an understandable human reaction. That's really what often felt so off for me about modern Kurt: too saintly and not human enough. When he's too nice, it really just makes him seem like a sociopath.
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 12-05-2012 at 08:26 AM.

I was always very intrigued by that scene and yes, definitely wanted to know more about those "implications." I had Kurt ruminate about it in a fanfic one time, though I don't think I came up with anything especially interesting--just that Kurt did mean to hurt her, and was really frightened by that fact, and what it suggested about the nature of his relationship with Kitty.

I know this goes without saying, but I love the character work from the ol' Claremont era so much. Even though this got left a bit up in the air, it was so great to see addressed the possibility that Kurt would have some lingering hostility about the way Kitty first treated him. She doesn't "deserve" that crap from him, especially given how young she is, and everything she just went through, but it's just such an understandable human reaction. That's really what often felt so off for me about modern Kurt: too saintly and not human enough. When he's too nice, it really just makes him seem like a sociopath.
    Amen .

And this is not the only scene in which Kurt regrets being insensitive. I recall his great breaking-off with Jimaine, his kiss insinuation to Rogue, his first meeting with Brian, and so on... His rudeness was more or less justified, more or less intentional, but there it was. And why not?

Culturally Silver. FuzzyBlueElf's Avatar

I'd love to see Nightcrawler intereact with Beast Boy from DC comics who I'd say is pretty much his equivalent :)
    I may be religious but like you guys I'm not fond of Kurt being all priest like especially in X2 when most of his lines were to do with faith it's like whenever they write him like that I imagine the writers are like "Oh yeah he looks like a Demon but he acts like apriest oh what irony it's such a clever idea that'll be all we do with him!" after their several bottles of bear -_-