Page 368 of 672 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Love that! Although there's something wrong about that pose, when you change Amanda to Ororo... She seems too subservient, somehow, being shorter and leaning up...
    Actually, Amanda was the pretty forward one in that issue despite the cover. The problem I do have with the manip is that Ororo is quite a bit smaller than Kurt. Ro is taller. Heck even Amanda isnt that much shorter than Kurt, this must be because Davis made him super tall but then he was in his early 20's there. And you keep growing until 25.

Well, Logan must look subservient then when he has to tilt his head up in a kiss and thats why they draw him so tall now. But we know short Logan is a beast. :-p
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-19-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...26966073_n.jpg a drawing from boredom of Nightcrawler and Jean Grey I didn't colour all of it :L but what do you guys think?
    I can't do much better than Sundowhn's reading--that it's fitting, since they're similarly fractured. I always wish Kurt and Jean had spent more time together in later years, especially. Maybe it's slipping my mind, but have they ever sat down and had a conversation about Logan? I find the prospect interesting enough that I feel like I would remember if it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    I also have two things to say. 1) Your first thing made me really laugh for the first time in a few days (all stuffed up with a cold), so I'd like to thank you and agree that yes, robots and Nightcrawlers should get along better. 2) I also agree with you that AoA Nightcrawler's fate seems to be left open-ended. There is a chance he could heal from that, seeing as EVA was not stuck in his chest, especially given his mother's skill at healing from stab wounds. And he'll probably rejoin Mystique, seeing her as something familiar to which he can attach himself.
    Gosh, Raven does get stabbed a lot, doesn't she? How many times has Logan alone stabbed her? Though I suppose, to be fair, Logan stabs a lot of people a lot of times...

On a less grisly note, I know it's been a few days, but hope you feel better! Here's cute sick Kurt to express my sympathy :) I love Amanda's robe in this scene--that is a serious statement piece, lol.

I always thought Nightcrawler and Jean Grey would make a weird couple :S but it's strange they didn't spend much time with each other especially considering they kind of have similar personalities

On to Darholme's fate hmm I don't think he's gonna be out of the game I'd like to see him join the Brotherhood because of Mystique but kind of being the "Good Guy" of the group just a personal opinion

Also with that new cover to Wolverine and the X-men is that supposed to be Iceman & Kitty's child with Logan? (Yes I know it doesn't represent what actually happens in the book) and Bamfs having something to do with Azazel I have 2 theories
    1. The Bamfs are fragments of Kurt that Azazel will merge together back into Good Ol' Kurt Wagner
    2. The Bamfs merely get possessed by Azazel and have nothing to do with Kurt Wagner (This one is more likely to be used by Marvel :/)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Actually, Amanda was the pretty forward one in that issue despite the cover. The problem I do have with the manip is that Ororo is quite a bit smaller than Kurt. Ro is taller. Heck even Amanda isnt that much shorter than Kurt, this must be because Davis made him super tall but then he was in his early 20's there. And you keep growing until 25.

Well, Logan must look subservient then when he has to tilt his head up in a kiss and thats why they draw him so tall now. But we now short Logan is a beast. :-p
    Hey, long time no see! Agreed, Amanda was takin' charge in that image (loved the hand on the tail), but I guess I see her as getting off on a different set of kinks than Ororo might...

I like short Logan for all sorts of reasons, but even I can't picture him as 5'3", or however tall he is in the Marvel handbook. I'd give him at least 5'5"--that's how tall Roger Dalrey is, and he seemed to do okay for himself, back in the day ;) (Back when I was a teenager and often insecure about being too tall, I developed a mental encyclopedia of the heights of various male celebrities and rockstars.) Is it true, BTW, that you keep growing until you're 25? That is now my funfact (Flash Fact?) of the week! :P
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 11-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

A head cold is what Kurt deserved for 'porting around New York stark naked. :P

I always thought Nightcrawler and Jean Grey would make a weird couple :S but it's strange they didn't spend much time with each other especially considering they kind of have similar personalities
    I can't resist posting those scenes from X-Men: The End with the whole tail thing going...

On to Darholme's fate hmm I don't think he's gonna be out of the game I'd like to see him join the Brotherhood because of Mystique but kind of being the "Good Guy" of the group just a personal opinion
    That would be great, if it happened!
    Also with that new cover to Wolverine and the X-men is that supposed to be Iceman & Kitty's child with Logan? (Yes I know it doesn't represent what actually happens in the book) and Bamfs having something to do with Azazel I have 2 theories
    1. The Bamfs are fragments of Kurt that Azazel will merge together back into Good Ol' Kurt Wagner
    2. The Bamfs merely get possessed by Azazel and have nothing to do with Kurt Wagner (This one is more likely to be used by Marvel :/)
    Yes, I think it's suppose to be Iceman and Kitty's future kid. As far as that cover, Azazel and the bamfs, it's hard to know what to make of it. It seems to be kind of a reverse image to the way things are, with Mystique in Logan's role. Maybe, going with that reversed theme, Azazel is meant to represent the dark side of what lies behind the bamfs? So, in the normal world, it would be Kurt standing in the shadows surrounded by bamfs. That's probably wishful thinking. I still think they could either be fragmented part's of Kurt's life essence, or have something to do with his past dealings with the occult (maybe both). The little arcane symbols they have all over their skin seem like they should be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    A head cold is what Kurt deserved for 'porting around New York stark naked. :P

I can't resist posting those scenes from X-Men: The End with the whole tail thing going...

That would be great, if it happened!

Yes, I think it's suppose to be Iceman and Kitty's future kid. As far as that cover, Azazel and the bamfs, it's hard to know what to make of it. It seems to be kind of a reverse image to the way things are, with Mystique in Logan's role. Maybe, going with that reversed theme, Azazel is meant to represent the dark side of what lies behind the bamfs? So, in the normal world, it would be Kurt standing in the shadows surrounded by bamfs. That's probably wishful thinking. I still think they could either be fragmented part's of Kurt's life essence, or have something to do with his past dealings with the occult (maybe both). The little arcane symbols they have all over their skin seem like they should be important.
    I really like that Scan from The End I should read that but I dislike what it states about Gambit and we'll have to wait and see what goes on in Wolverine and The X-men though I assume we'll be disappointed.

Yeah, Kurt and Jean would be interesting. I have a slight affinity to it. I remember that issue of Ultimate X-Men too. I wish I could find that scan in my collection. So here's something else in its place.

As far as whats going on in WatX, X-Treme and X-Force all I can do is really shrug.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-19-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    On a less enthusiastic note... Out of morbid curiosity, I checked out X-Treme X-Men this week and oh my god... I don't think it's a spoiler to say that I hate sad martyr Kurt so much. I mean, yeah, there are different ways to read Nightcrawler as a character, but missing the humour and "choosing not to be a victim"-ness (to the extent that that's possible) of him is pretty major, up there with not getting that the Hulk is about anger, Spider-Man about responsibility, etc. And seriously, why is it that Wolverine can only be bi in a comic where Nightcrawler is a child? Are they that afraid of slash readings?
    Yeah, I noticed that. Creators? I doubt it (Though, they do seem to love their jabs). Lawyers, CEO's? Probably.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of Kurt and Jean as a "couple" either, but I did like that scene in The End. Sure, it's goofy (feeling bashful about kissing and an implied psychic orgasm when the entire universe if up for grabs? Pretty mature, guys, lol). But to me it showed the value of their friendship--that they could do what they did for each other, and then move on to the next thing. I also like that Kurt chooses to believe in the Phoenix Force's (and Jean's) potential for love, rather than destruction, and that his faith in goodness actually works, for once. I know I'm jaded, but it seems rare that recent comics actually allow love and optimism to be the "correct" choice.

I hear Kurt was a lot less kind in his original appearance in Giant Sized X-men is that true? I tried hunting down a Milestone edition of Giant Sized X-men in the Archive Section of My Comic Book store no such luck though

Yeah, Kurt and Jean would be interesting. I have a slight affinity to it. I remember that issue of Ultimate X-Men too. I wish I could find that scan in my collection. So here's something else in its place.

Hahaha!!! I did a total spit take at that, totally forgot that scene. "Logan's secret weapon," lol. I'd post the Ultimate X-Men thing, but I really need to get back to work, and if I start leafing through more comics, five minutes will become ten will become an hour... Darn you all and your distracting images! :D

Edit: Double Post.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-19-2012 at 02:33 PM.

I wonder if Logan would feel violent at the thought of Kurt kissing Jean like with Mariko. Though, that Logan was a long ass time ago.

I adored that scene you posted Marg, those Paul Smith pages are some of my favorite in comics.

Anyway, found this on DA.

I found it to be a touching depiction of the Kurt/Logan relationship.

I hear Kurt was a lot less kind in his original appearance in Giant Sized X-men is that true? I tried hunting down a Milestone edition of Giant Sized X-men in the Archive Section of My Comic Book store no such luck though
    Well, granted he was being chased by a mob in his introduction so he did not respond well, but I didnt find him to be unkind at all in the early days. Though, I do remember Mr. Wein (who wrote the first issue) originally saw Kurt as more dark and angry but Claremont and Cockrum prefered to portray Kurt as a swashbuckler type and it blossomed from there.

Well, granted he was being chased by a mob in his introduction so he did not respond well, but I didnt find him to be unkind at all in the early days. Though, I do remember Mr. Wein (who wrote the first issue) originally saw Kurt as more dark and angry but Claremont and Cockrum prefered to portray Kurt as a swashbuckler type and it blossomed from there.
    Yep, here's the late Mr. Cockrum's write-up on how the character came to be created and turned into the Nightcrawler we knew and loved. http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/...4609b0a0647046
    He posted it way back in 2002.