Page 367 of 672 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Maybe Kidcrawler would work better as being the offspring of a version of Nightcrawler, rather than regressing Nightcrawler, himself, or an AU version. I can't think of a single existing character I'd want to see de-aged. I hated it with Storm (Little Ro), I dislike the idea with the original 5 now. Pak could've used, for example, Kurt's son of about the same age from Claremont's X-Men: the End. The kid hadn't been given a personality yet. Putting such a personality into a new character, but with a connection to an old one could have worked. I mean TJ (Nocturne) ended up being quite an interesting personality all on her own, even though her concept idea was basically as a female version of Kurt. It just worked because they didn't try to turn her into him, just gave them some things in common.
    I can see how that could have worked. But then everyone would probably complain that it wasn't Kurt himself who was brought back in XXM, and they'd want to know more about the AU adult Kurt.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    I can see how that could have worked. But then everyone would probably complain that it wasn't Kurt himself who was brought back in XXM, and they'd want to know more about the AU adult Kurt.
    I hope we get a world where he's a movie actor or something like early dragon ball

I would've liked that for Kid Kurt

meeting dazzler and having the tail convo
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    I would not have liked Kid Kurt as a class clown, since that's one of the aspects of the original Kurt that I didn't particularly like.
    Bear in mind that the current issue issue went 2 years back into his past. He has not continued to be a passive victim. In a universe or two prior to the current one they are visiting, he made a big step toward standing up for himself, as shown here. Don't forget, he is still a child, in the company of some pretty overbearing adults. Self-confidence and assertiveness don't come into being overnight. I see him as starting to grow up into the man he will become, from the child that he was.

Attachment 104320
    Granted, "passive" is a highly subjective term. I meant it in the sense that I really hate sad, mopey renditions of Kurt, and Waggoner seems to fall into that camp (even in the page you attached, I get that vibe). As far as I'm concerned, the Marvel U is already over-saturated with freaks of the sad or self-loathing variety. I like Kurt as a freak who loves himself, something I like to think is true of him from a very young age, as the foundation of his personality.

But like Sundowhn said before, it's all just opinions. Why any of us likes a character or story arc is really subjective. I'm more than happy to agree to disagree on this one.
    Last edited by M.Hammerman; 11-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    As for twisted versions of Kurt, he was able to see himself in his Nazi counterpart of Earth-597, wasn't he?
    Yes, and it was... weird. I've never been quite sure what to make of it (or why the other characters aren't confused by the nature of Kurt's "insider knowledge").

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Did you guys see this Wolverine & the X-Men #25 "Things to Come" variant cover yet?

Azazel. "Azazel Bamfs." Mystique. Is Kurt's return upon us soon?

Lol, when I first saw that, I totally thought Sauron had a cigarette holder in his Pterodactyl claw. But I see now that it's just a test tube filled with smoking green science liquid. Fair enough :P

Looks like AoA Nightcrawler is going to die in a very similar way to 616 Kurt.

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I generally don't cross post, but this is just before work, so....

I suppose if they show him gasping his last, he'll be dead -- because comic characters get stabbed, shot, blown up, fall from massive heights, and otherwise get maimed on a regular basis and show up again -- otherwise it's your typical comic invitation into limbo if nothing further is shown. (Last time Darkholme was seen, EVA put a blade through his gut....) At least someone from the team called a spade a spade, just a pity it was only EVA. I guess it leaves it open for him to show up the next time a writer takes an interest, should that ever happen.
    I would really have liked to see the Mystique thing touched on more -- that feels like a very loose end, given their conversation.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Yeah I don't think AoA Nightcrawler will die. Probably limbo if anything.

AoA Nightcrawler never did catch on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah I don't think AoA Nightcrawler will die. Probably limbo if anything.

AoA Nightcrawler never did catch on for me.
    Not a whole lot was done with him over the past year, he's just basically filled a spot on the team. He had one issue that focused on his plot device/motivation, then the scenes with Mystique and Blob. I was a fan of the original AoA arc, so I know that coloured my own perception of the character. If I was just basing it on what Remender had done, I wouldn't have much sense of Darkholme.

Two things. 1) Robots need to stop stabbing Nightcrawlers. Robots and Nightcrawlers are two of my favourite things in the whole world--why can't they just get along, even if it's just for my sake? 2) I also don't think AoA Nightcrawler will die. His dialogue in that preview is practically an "I'll be back" promise. Assuming he survives, I still wouldn't completely rule out his joining Mystique. (Did that end up being three things? Apparently, I can't count.)

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Lol really? I'm on the totally opposite side of the coin.

I HOPE Kurt (when he returns, I have faith it will be soon) joins the cast of WaTXM, because it would get me to pick up the book again. I like Aaron for the most part, I just don't care for anyone in the cast at the moment (except for a few of the students).
    Don't get me wrong; I'd absolutely love for Kurt to be in any book, and I'd read it nonetheless.
    Though, WATXM is just too gimmicky for me. There's too much humor that I can't really take it seriously.
    The writing is good, and I love that lighthearted books can still exist for the X-Men. It's just not for me.
    And I love Kitty. And Kurt (if he shows up in WATXM).
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Two things. 1) Robots need to stop stabbing Nightcrawlers. Robots and Nightcrawlers are two of my favourite things in the whole world--why can't they just get along, even if it's just for my sake? 2) I also don't think AoA Nightcrawler will die. His dialogue in that preview is practically an "I'll be back" promise. Assuming he survives, I still wouldn't completely rule out his joining Mystique. (Did that end up being three things? Apparently, I can't count.)
    I also have two things to say. 1) Your first thing made me really laugh for the first time in a few days (all stuffed up with a cold), so I'd like to thank you and agree that yes, robots and Nightcrawlers should get along better. 2) I also agree with you that AoA Nightcrawler's fate seems to be left open-ended. There is a chance he could heal from that, seeing as EVA was not stuck in his chest, especially given his mother's skill at healing from stab wounds. And he'll probably rejoin Mystique, seeing her as something familiar to which he can attach himself.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...26966073_n.jpg a drawing from boredom of Nightcrawler and Jean Grey I didn't colour all of it :L but what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...26966073_n.jpg a drawing from boredom of Nightcrawler and Jean Grey I didn't colour all of it :L but what do you guys think?
    It's very surreal looking, like stained glass. It seems fitting, as they are two characters who have been fractured and put back together in different ways many times by Marvel. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    It's very surreal looking, like stained glass. It seems fitting, as they are two characters who have been fractured and put back together in different ways many times by Marvel. :)
    Haha that's a nice way to look at it!