Page 364 of 670 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 10050

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    Nightcrawler has struck me as being a action junkie, as well as being extremely competitive at athletic events given how he would always try to jump back on the wagon after being injured or loosing his powers. It would be amusing to have Kurt become the gymnastics coach for the JG School and to see the mild-mannered elf starts turning into Sue Sylvester and has team members present their lunches for inspection.

"Good. Next."
    "Good. Next."
    "Put the dinner roll back, you're over you carb count. Next."
    "Good. Next."
    "Wa - Was ist dist?! FRIED CHICKEN?!!"
    "Uhmm... You said some chicken was good because of the protein...?"
    "Jah. Grilled, baked, NOT FRIED!!" [Slaps tray out of students hands]
    Yeah, Kurt has a hard time sitting still for long.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Fair enough, many characters have been dull and Bobby must seem that way in comparison with his background which is obsenely normal much like Kitty's. I don't think this is meant to be a long term thing anyway. Nothing lasts forever in the MU. But while it does I will try to enjoy it for what it is. My only problem is how Aaron portrays female characters. But will they meet the Bamfs approval?
    I'm not sure how much of it is his background, for me, and how much is that he's just been portrayed deliberately as an "average Joe", of the mutant variety. Certainly, it would make for a pretty awful universe if everyone was a drama king/queen with all manner of eccentricities and mayhem in their personal history. Bobby has been a consistent fence-rider and background personality, imo. (Though I found his affair with Raven to be interesting.) It would be easy, if asked about certain characters, to guess what they might think about some issue or how they'd react, but I find it difficult to do that with Bobby because he just generally hasn't been given too much personality. I believe Aaron addressed it at the beginning of WatXM regarding Bobby's potential that he hadn't really striven for. Maybe between that title and All New, he'll be given a little more substance or in depth portrayal.
    I do admit that I started giving the character a bit more thought once I wrote about an AU version. /shrug

Agree with Aaron and female characters, btw.

And the above panels...."nice"?
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Well see, thats where I think writers have a problem, not nessessarily readers... is that his background is so normal it seems to color how writers see him when he is surrounded by a former thief, a former government weapon and circus performer, former goddess and a teenage girl who has been a brainwashed ninja ect.

Yeah, they haven't really delved much into what really drives Bobby other than being a mutant and an X-man. I agree about constant drama, average Joe dosen't have to mean passionless, look at Spider-Man. So maybe Aaron will do something and expand on where Carey left off. And I don't mean just dating and I hope the Kitty/Bobby thing isn't just a quick fix and that both characters will be given more.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of Aarons allusion to the Bamfs. I still say its a trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post

Yeah, I'm thinking Amanda is still a bit stand-offish, these are their first interactions since the big break-up. Can't say I blame her, though I cant really blame him. The whole thing with Stefan and Margali and the y'know... lying.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Yeah, I'm thinking Amanda is still a bit stand-offish, these are their first interactions since the big break-up. Can't say I blame her, though I cant really blame him. The whole thing with Stefan and Margali and the y'know... lying.
    That pic is truth, right there.

And yes, the lying is a bit of a put-off.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie Parker, Bonnie & Clyde

OMG, her face... LOL! And what's with all the Bobby-talk? Whose appreciation thread is this, anyway :P I don't have much of an opinion on him, myself; he's hit or miss for me, depending on who's writing him /shrug

Yikes, lol.

Guys, guys, am I the only NC fan here that doesn't hate Bobby suddenly? I like him and think he has potential but he has suffered from writers hands but when under a good one, Simonson, Lobdell and Carey, he can be great. I liked his interactions with Kurt under Casey. I don't know what the whole Kitty/Bobby thing has to do with Kurt, unless its because you want Kitty with Kurt. But saying he's useless... well some think NC is useless... when characters just suffer from poor writing. I think Bobby has a right to shine as much as any other character. And that funeral was obviously a trolling issue. So I wont fault Ice Man there. Seriously, not all characters can be dashing like Kurt. I like Bobby for his normalness. He'd be like someone you know. He has no big epic background... he just comes from a complicated yet normal home life with some father issues. He's grown since those Thunderbird days (Defenders, Lobdell ect. cough) but some writers keep wanting to drag him back (Austen, Fraction cough).
    I actually have nothing against Bobby. Unfortunately, I don't have much going for Bobby, either. He has never played a big role in the comics that I followed growing up or in the Saturday morning cartoon on Fox. He seems to have interesting powers and a nice personality, but hardly anyone knows what to do with him. He's been in the background for so long that taking him to the forefront might actually make him look out of character. Hopefully, Jason Aaron will give him the development he needs.

And I have no problem with Kitty and Bobby dating for a while. They're two young people that consider each other to be attractive who want to grab a few beers together. No big deal, I doubt it will last very long. I'm not so much as anti-BobKat as I am pro-Kurtty.

Anyway, enough about Bobby...

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of Aarons allusion to the Bamfs. I still say its a trick.
    I'm somewhat inclined to agree with you. They're telegraphing their next move way to early for this to be how Kurt gets brought back. I'm still wondering if he's gonna pop out of nowhere in UXF resurrected by the Hand under the Brotherhood's influence. Of course, with Darkholme throwing his lot with Mystique, this probably isn't going to happen.

Of course, if it wasn't for that stupid AvX event, the whole "bamf" issue would of probably been resolved by now.

When Nightcrawler does come back, I'm just going to do my best to pretend that everything from House of M to until his return never happened and that Scott and Company had a bizarre allergic reaction to shellfish and went mad while the others decided to rename the Xavier Institute after Jean Grey.

In fact, whenever we write letters or ask the writers and editors questions online, we should all do so as if House of M, the Messiah Trilogy, Second Coming, and Avengers vs. X-Men never happened. It was all the shellfish.

Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    I actually have nothing against Bobby. Unfortunately, I don't have much going for Bobby, either. He has never played a big role in the comics that I followed growing up or in the Saturday morning cartoon on Fox. He seems to have interesting powers and a nice personality, but hardly anyone knows what to do with him. He's been in the background for so long that taking him to the forefront might actually make him look out of character. Hopefully, Jason Aaron will give him the development he needs.

And I have no problem with Kitty and Bobby dating for a while. They're two young people that consider each other to be attractive who want to grab a few beers together. No big deal, I doubt it will last very long. I'm not so much as anti-BobKat as I am pro-Kurtty.

Anyway, enough about Bobby...

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with you. They're telegraphing their next move way to early for this to be how Kurt gets brought back. I'm still wondering if he's gonna pop out of nowhere in UXF resurrected by the Hand under the Brotherhood's influence. Of course, with Darkholme throwing his lot with Mystique, this probably isn't going to happen.

Of course, if it wasn't for that stupid AvX event, the whole "bamf" issue would of probably been resolved by now.

When Nightcrawler does come back, I'm just going to do my best to pretend that everything from House of M to until his return never happened and that Scott and Company had a bizarre allergic reaction to shellfish and went mad while the others decided to rename the Xavier Institute after Jean Grey.

In fact, whenever we write letters or ask the writers and editors questions online, we should all do so as if House of M, the Messiah Trilogy, Second Coming, and Avengers vs. X-Men never happened. It was all the shellfish.

Tell your friends.
    I like that. Of course, I also am willing to chalk a lot of stuff I don't like up to Wanda being sick. She wakes up, the Vision makes her chicken soup, we find that Nightcrawler and Banshee never died, and all's right in comics again.

Definitely the shellfish...

HAPPY NIGHTCRAWLER'S BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!!

Yeah, just thought I'd throw that in there before work. It'd be nice if something good was happening with the character so we could really celebrate, but oh well.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-11-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

I think Bobby has a right to shine as much as any other character. [...] Seriously, not all characters can be dashing like Kurt.
    Damnit, I'm gonna have to post some Kurt/Bobby scans soon. You can all stone me if you like.
    I'm not sure how much of it is his background, for me, and how much is that he's just been portrayed deliberately as an "average Joe", of the mutant variety. Certainly, it would make for a pretty awful universe if everyone was a drama king/queen with all manner of eccentricities and mayhem in their personal history.
    Just to point it out: I don't hate Bobby because he's an "average Joe" (I liked very much Doug Ramsey, for example, and he had a complex about being "normal" --well, a "normal" little brain, but still--). I simply can't stand his chattering fatuous conservative personality, though I must admit I haven't read Carey issues and probably I missed most of his evolution.

In any case, I was precisely saying that I believe there must be all kind of characters in a good story. Otherwise it's no interesting at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    And what's with all the Bobby-talk? Whose appreciation thread is this, anyway :P
    Finished, I promise .

Definitely the shellfish...

HAPPY NIGHTCRAWLER'S BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!!

Yeah, just thought I'd throw that in there before work. It'd be nice if something good was happening with the character so we could really celebrate, but oh well.
    Happy blue birthday (in a wide sense)!!! My guy's is just two days before, but it's only coincidence, I swear (he's much more an extreme Scorpio than Kurt)!
    Last edited by March Hare; 11-11-2012 at 02:42 AM.

My youngest's birthday is today, as well. No, I didn't plan it, either -- she was actually several weeks premature. So far she's showing herself to be very Scorpio. ;)

The wages of her sin, I suppose. Nevertheless, I think Kurt was pretty hard on her, probably 'cause he was then too depressed about the Beyonder thing to make an effort to understand her. After all, the only thing Jimaine always does is standing by his side, as these panels prove themselves. And Kurt knows how to appreciate it...with a kiss.

Looking for scans of UXM #188, other fav of mine, I've found this review. I'd like to share it with you 'cause it made me laugh quite a lot. Just a preview, linking with the previous post:

From there we skip over to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, caught in the grips of a blizzard caused by the "Casket of Ancient Winters" in whatever storyline is transpiring in Thor. Sigh. Anyhow, Amanda Sefton is going about her job serving drinks to the passengers on her 747, who must all be criminals or unloved or something because nobody bothered to move them inside the airport instead of leaving them to freeze in their tin can on the tarmac. Suddenly, Nightcrawler teleports in wearing a flight jacket and captain's cap over his mutant togs and bamfs her up to the Blackbird, where she proceeds to ream him out royally for such an asinine stunt. Kurt refuses to apologize and refuses to put her back, because Amanda's career doesn't matter when the Xs want to use her magic powers.

http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=1591

Well, he did apologize, but just a bit .
    Last edited by March Hare; 11-12-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Another (double) Kurt rescue, courtesy of Piotr (Spanish, sorry):

Time for a Pioturt...?

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    After all, the only thing Jimaine always does is standing by his side, ....
    or poke dangerous, demonic, arcane objects into his flesh while he sleeps then play dumb afterwards...."Ooh, so THAT'S where I put that thing, thought I'd lost it...."
    Lol....

Really, though, I think they've been pretty rough on each other at different times. Kurt might have summed it up best in the solo series when he said "too much history". He was shown as pretty indecisive about her in that. In one panel, he talked about wanting to kiss her, in the next he reminded her of the reasons they'd broken up.