Page 361 of 672 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    OFF-TOPIC: Ey, I haven't yet read the news when I last posted. Are you really OK there?
    Well, I'm ok and Marg seems to be ok. I don't know about any body else in this thread though in the US and Canada. :(

Re: Kurt and Aaron. I'm not holding out too much hope. They've been teasing Jeans return for years. People may say he's a nice fellow when they meet Aaron but the people he works for aren't and they love their mind games. Besides, I don't trust they'll really do anything with him if he does return.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 10-30-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    OFF-TOPIC: Ey, I haven't yet read the news when I last posted. Are you really OK there?
    There's the Great Plains and the Continental Divide between me and the Sandy-stricken areas, so I'm quite okay here. Family and friends back east are also okay, and there is a slight chance that I'll be going there to make sure they stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post

On a less serious note (because everything is less serious than hurricanes), I saw the Paty Cockrum copyright thing over on that other thread, but I don't really have anything to offer on the subject; if someone with clout wants Kurt back, they'll get him /shrug
    Well, creators with clout wanted him before he died so its not always that simple. Though those creators aren't considered new fresh meat to romance.

Here's some Kurt and Azazel with a single Azazel thrown in. Its funny since the movie theres been all this romanticized art popping up of Kurt and Zazzy. As soon as there is an X-movie though why people need a shiny movie to get inspired by a character most comic fans find an embarrassment in NCs history. It just shows how fickle fandom is. And the power of hollywood. Just like all of the sudden there is a slew of Avengers fic just because of the movies. These are very lovely pieces though even if I cant buy into this part of Azazel.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 10-31-2012 at 11:08 AM.

They are beautiful pictures. Maybe the interest is in the fact that the story had potential, but was completely mishandled? I don't know. Azazel was pretty awful in the Draco arc, or maybe it was just that the arc was awful and so therefore Azzy was. The current AoA title is doing a bit more with him. I did like him in X-Men, First Class -- I admit it. ;) That was more along the lines (visually) of what they should have done with Nightcrawler on the big screen, in my opinion, though the character wasn't given enough lines to really establish a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Well, I'm ok and Marg seems to be ok. I don't know about any body else in this thread though in the US and Canada. :(

Re: Kurt and Aaron. I'm not holding out too much hope. They've been teasing Jeans return for years. People may say he's a nice fellow when they meet Aaron but the people he works for aren't and they love their mind games. Besides, I don't trust they'll really do anything with him if he does return.
    I'm in the south east. We had a lot of rain and some wind from Sandy - tree limbs down and such, but not much else. I'm originally from Eastern Penn , and spent many a summer on the Jersey Shore. I'm heartbroken at the devastation I'm seeing in the news. My whole immediate family is without power, but otherwise they are okay. Cold, but okay.

I'm of the same opinion about the bamfs as DR is. I would like to hope that there is something for us to look forward to, but I really think Kurt fans are being trolled by the powers that be. They are idiots because we have money to spend like any other fan. I personally am not buying their product at this point, and being mean-spirited to Nightcrawler fans does not make me want to buy ANY Marvel merchandise.
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoLady8 View Post
    I'm of the same opinion about the bamfs as DR is. I would like to hope that there is something for us to look forward to, but I really think Kurt fans are being trolled by the powers that be. They are idiots because we have money to spend like any other fan. I personally am not buying their product at this point, and being mean-spirited to Nightcrawler fans does not make me want to buy ANY Marvel merchandise.
    They've certainly trolled Jean Grey fans enough, only to finally deliver the "original" as a teenager, minus history and any continuity. What a deal.

We may get a giant bamf as the final result with none of Kurt's history, though I have to say I'd probably prefer that over having Pak insert Dazzler's sidekick into the mainstream MU. It's a sad state.

I think Azzy was in First Class because teleportation is the greatest superpower ever (except when utilized by will.i.am--I like that guy better as a hologram). I used to think Sue Storm's invisibility and forefield powers would be the way to go, but teleportation has a better adrenaline rush thing going. Screw invulnerability or flying--both of those things would be either boring or terrifying. But looking up at a tall building and going, "Wonder what the view's like up there?" and then just going there...? So awesome.

Fighting-wise, teleportation also has a good mix of offensive and defensive capabilities... Nightcrawler has been awesome (and fun!) in pretty much every videogame for that reason. If there was one thing I liked about Azzy in First Class, it was that they made good use of his powers in a way they often haven't made good use of Kurt's powers in comics.

If there was one thing I liked about Azzy in First Class, it was that they made good use of his powers in a way they often haven't made good use of Kurt's powers in comics.
    Definitely true. The opening scene for X2 was a jaw-dropper, but then it was basically nothing afterwards. XMFC realized how much people liked that scene, took that and expanded on it, and also robbed some of Nightcrawler's unique combat style. It would, of course, have been better used for Kurt, but it still looked great on film.

Apologizing in advance for all the Kurtty lately... But here's some new fic! It's an ongoing series of Kitty/Kurt vignettes I'm doing. At the moment, it's friendship with some "romantic undertones" (firmly in "T"-rated territory for the time being--I know, I know, I'm getting soft in my old age, lol). Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8664352/...rt-and-Forever

Also, some pics, from Uncanny #163 (which is the subject of my third vignette). I love how worried Kitty is about Kurt throughout this sequence; such a sea change from when she was so afraid of him, not too many issues before... And also, Ororo's outfit??? Hell yes :P

Great blast from the past! Kurt was drawn so much stockier back then. I remember when his listed weight in Marvel handbooks was about 190lbs, and he looked pretty close to it back in the day. I guess that didn't end up going as well with being called "elf" maybe. :)

^Ha! I always thought that was funny, too. I suppose in the age of Charles Atlas ads still appearing in comics, it just wouldn't have been good form to suggest a smaller guy could be heroic :P And can I reiterate how much I love all of Kitty's inner dialogue in those pages? "I can't waste time sparring with this creep... Nightcrawler needs me!" lol... she is such a fangirl...

This is random, but here's a pic I just snapped of my university's newspaper; it makes me nostalgic every time I see it (and I see it a lot). I've been biding my time for a suitably hilarious headline--this may or may not qualify, depending on how hilarious you find waterpolo (either to watch or as a concept).

The girl on the bottom left looks just like my oldest daughter. :P

Anyway, it's cool to have a newspaper named Excalibur.

The subject of Nightcrawler returning seems to be popping up in several places recently, on different boards. It would seem we are not the only ones with the idea that now that the Hope/AvX thing is over, he should be coming back.

Just a random sequence with Kurt as the Professor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NC prof 2.jpg   NC as professsor.jpg  

Love Kitty's old school hair. LOL!

I surprised to see Kurt make an appearence in the new Babies issue.
    Always had a thing for blue.

^Ha! I always thought that was funny, too. I suppose in the age of Charles Atlas ads still appearing in comics, it just wouldn't have been good form to suggest a smaller guy could be heroic :P And can I reiterate how much I love all of Kitty's inner dialogue in those pages? "I can't waste time sparring with this creep... Nightcrawler needs me!" lol... she is such a fangirl...

This is random, but here's a pic I just snapped of my university's newspaper; it makes me nostalgic every time I see it (and I see it a lot). I've been biding my time for a suitably hilarious headline--this may or may not qualify, depending on how hilarious you find waterpolo (either to watch or as a concept).
    Yeah, Kurts pretty muscular there, I do remember those Atlas ads and that may have something to do with it. Arnold was very popular at the time. Kitty's huge "UUUUNF" I hope she didnt pull a muscle. :-p

Love the newspaper and the Jason photo on the side added to the humor, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post

Just a random sequence with Kurt as the Professor.
    Haha! Those Raab issues were so bizarre sometimes. Bastion is such a dick! He killed Kurt too, the bastard.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Just gonna throw in a Kurt fanart spam. :-D

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.