Page 258 of 672 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    But what would Kurt do after that, in order to justify his continuing to be in the comics?
    New team in Europa ?
    Something like a third choice other than Cyclogneto 's or hypoverine's ?

Quote Originally Posted by chonaku View Post
    New team in Europa ?
    Something like a third choice other than Cyclogneto 's or hypoverine's ?
    I'd love to see a relaunch of Excalibur, but I don't think it will happen, especially with Brian in the Avengers now. Tbh, as far as the old "feel" of Excalibur(lightness and humour), Wolverine and the X-Men is done in that theme. That is actually where I'd like to see Kurt Wagner; at the school.

I admit, though, I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and rake his old friends over the coals over allowing Schism to happen (and essentially destroy Xavier's dream). They'd have to tweak some things about his character before he could believably be portrayed that way.

One of the writers wanted him for Avengers before they decided to kill the character off, but I think Avengers is already too crowded; he wouldn't get much in the way of panel time. Remender had wanted the original Nightcrawler for X-Force as well, but that wouldn't have worked either.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    i would like to see Kurt break away from the X-Men for his own good because otherwise he'll look like a fool and a doormatt. Just my 2 cents.
    Sadly, I don't think he has the popularity to carry his own title, as seen back in 2005. :(

It was so goofy the way they used to show Kurt's bedroom. C'mon, really?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nightcrawler's bedroom.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	94140

(From God Loves, Man Kills)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I'd love to see a relaunch of Excalibur, but I don't think it will happen, especially with Brian in the Avengers now. Tbh, as far as the old "feel" of Excalibur(lightness and humour), Wolverine and the X-Men is done in that theme. That is actually where I'd like to see Kurt Wagner; at the school.
    One of the writers wanted him for Avengers before they decided to kill the character off, but I think Avengers is already too crowded; he wouldn't get much in the way of panel time. Remender had wanted the original Nightcrawler for X-Force as well, but that wouldn't have worked either.
    Yeah, the Jean Grey school's really where I'd like to see Kurt. I feel like more than anything the school feels like Logan trying to live up to Kurt's memory (hence my comment a while back about the possibility of Logan and AoA Kurt potentially switching roles...)
    BTW who wanted him for Avengers? Was is Slott for his run on Mighty Avengers? Because that would have been AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    Well, he did face some of the consequences when the Red Right Hand manipulated him into unknowingly killing his own children. Logan was really broken up over that, being driven to keep throwing himself off a cliff just in order to achieve a brief time of unconsciousness before he healed and had to face what he'd done again. I found that particularly heart-breaking.
    Yeah, but, again, as DevlishRogue has been saying, that's still being a martyr. For Logan to really "change" in a meaningful way would be for him to continue/progress on the journey he's been on since he first joined the X-Men, moving from being a self-destructive individual to being a constructive (or reconstructive?) member of a community--something he does seem to be doing with the school (and even X-Force), though it's still really just the inconsistency resulting from his appearing in too many titles that sort of sours things...

I like this theme! I've got to get back to work right now but I'll try to cobble together a Kurt's bedrooms montage later!

Sadly, I don't think he has the popularity to carry his own title, as seen back in 2005. :(

Thats why I said this...

Also, just because he breaks away from the X-Men doesn't mean he cant have exploits. Maybe he can go back to Europe.
    And it doesnt have to be with Cap and Kitty and Rachel, there can be established European mutants and maybe some new characters. A European X-Men, they were more a british/american defenders/avengers before anyway.

You said yourself fans dont give things a try and you are already thinking he cant be in a team book outside the X-Men. There's no "hope," :-/ Kidding... :-p

Maybe he can be a supporting character in X-Factor like Peter David wanted to use him.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 05-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Name:	Nightcrawler's bedroom.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	94140

(From God Loves, Man Kills)

I kind of like the bars but that bed looks real small and uncomfortable.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

One of the writers wanted him for Avengers before they decided to kill the character off, but I think Avengers is already too crowded; he wouldn't get much in the way of panel time.
    True, but it'd be cool to see Kurt have more interaction with Captain America than what we've seen. I think they'd get along swell.

Thats why I said this...

And it doesnt have to be with Cap and Kitty and Rachel, there can be established European mutants and maybe some new characters. A European X-Men, they were more a british/american defenders/avengers before anyway.

You said yourself fans dont give things a try and you are already thinking he cant be in a team book outside the X-Men. There's no "hope," :-/ Kidding... :-p

Maybe he can be a supporting character in X-Factor like Peter David wanted to use him.
    Hey, whatever title Nightcrawler shows up in, you can bet I will buy it. I'd just hate for it to be a cast heavy title, like Avengers or for that matter the way the X-Men used to be, where he could easily get relegated to background noise again. He is a great character, but has, unfortunately, always been a B-lister in the X-Men, as has been pointed out. It would be great to see him in a book with a relatively small line-up, so he could get some focus and development, like in Excalibur days.

A European X-title might do well (market-wise), if it had at least one character with some fan popularity, or several of the more popular B-listers to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    True, but it'd be cool to see Kurt have more interaction with Captain America than what we've seen. I think they'd get along swell.
    Probably. Cap reminds me of Scott, but with at least some sense of humour.

Here's one Kurt bedroom (all I have time for at the moment) but it's all kinds of awesome. Between the inset rock wall COMBINED with wood paneling, the dorm room tv (left on all night, apparently) and the giant, signed, leering Errol Flynn poster (hot), this room might go a long way toward explaining Kurt's lengthy single-dom.

Name:	X-MEN194_04a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	94152

From Uncanny X-Men #194.

Hey, whatever title Nightcrawler shows up in, you can bet I will buy it. I'd just hate for it to be a cast heavy title, like Avengers or for that matter the way the X-Men used to be, where he could easily get relegated to background noise again. He is a great character, but has, unfortunately, always been a B-lister in the X-Men, as has been pointed out. It would be great to see him in a book with a relatively small line-up, so he could get some focus and development, like in Excalibur days.

A European X-title might do well (market-wise), if it had at least one character with some fan popularity, or several of the more popular B-listers to carry it.

Yeah, granted, Kurt got a lot of spotlight in Excalibur but things were more different then (not as much obsession over A list and B list and that nonsense) plus they write for trades which now that usually = less story and less time for different characters. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hammerman View Post
    Here's one Kurt bedroom (all I have time for at the moment) but it's all kinds of awesome. Between the inset rock wall COMBINED with wood paneling, the dorm room tv (left on all night, apparently) and the giant, signed, leering Errol Flynn poster (hot), this room might go a long way toward explaining Kurt's lengthy single-dom.

Name:	X-MEN194_04a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	94152

From Uncanny X-Men #194.
    Lol, I love that page, Mmmm.... those muscles. :-p
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 05-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Where the scan of his bedroom with the thigh high hooker books thrown in the corner? LOL! I bet it was Wolverine's it looked like a size 6. LOL!
    Always had a thing for blue.

I found two more.

Name:	ex #101 - Page 16living accomodations1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	94170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nightcrawler #12 - Page 8.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	94171